Mega Mind

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re:

Post by EricJ » May 28th, 2010, 8:10 am

Ben wrote: Or if you want to keep to the spoof superhero genre, so did a certain character in Mystery Men, which Oober-Master-MegaMind seems to be a little too close to...
Very, VERY close to, I'm guessing--Yeah, I was getting that distinct Greg Kinnear vibe too...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » July 1st, 2010, 9:21 pm

(And with the new poster, it needs be said:
As it gets closer to deadline, DW is giving a LOT of equal billing for the Guy Who Gets Killed Off...

...Call it Life Imitates Art, that Mega still can't get no respect from the audience on his own.)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 1st, 2010, 9:56 pm

Question:

Does he get killed off...? ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » July 2nd, 2010, 12:43 am

As I hinted at in a post earlier, I'm really starting to question that.

Btw, looking at the character's face on that past, I'd expect to hear Patrick Warburton's voice to come from his mouth...not Brad Pitt's.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re:

Post by EricJ » July 2nd, 2010, 2:01 am

Ben wrote:Question:
Does he get killed off...? ;)
Have the feeling you already answered that with the Mystery Men/Capt. Amazing comparison--
DW's just the type of studio to think they'd made that joke up themselves. :roll:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 2nd, 2010, 9:38 am

Except that Captain Amazing doesn't come back, Eric. But thanks for playing. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » July 2nd, 2010, 11:47 am

Question: DOES he come back?

(Some of us can smell a promotion-backpedalling Dreamworks from three miles off with no wind.)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 2nd, 2010, 6:55 pm

Yes, some of you think you can...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re:

Post by estefan » July 3rd, 2010, 8:24 am

Ben wrote:Except that Captain Amazing doesn't come back, Eric. But thanks for playing. ;)
Are we proof-positive of that, though? Unless you've seen a work-in-progress cut, then forget what I wrote.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 4th, 2010, 4:40 pm

Um...this is getting confusing. As far as Captain Amazing goes, we're talking about Mystery Men, and DreamWorks' pinching a similar idea.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Mega Mind (formerly titled Oobermind & MasterMind)

Post by LotsoA113 » July 22nd, 2010, 5:27 pm

As for the superhero character dying early in the film, I'm starting to have a hunch that he somehow makes a comeback in the film's third act. Something like him not really being dead, losing his powers, possibly changing sides and becoming a supervillain, etc. It seems like Pitt's getting too much billing if the character is out of the picture for good within the first twenty minutes or so.
Well at the comic-con panel they showed Brad Pitts characters death, which included his skeleton being shown. So unless they pull a deus ex machine (a la Cool World) I doubt we'll see him come back.
I love all things cinema, from silent movies to world cinema to animated cinema to big blockbusters to documentaries and everything in between!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by estefan » July 23rd, 2010, 7:15 pm

The Comic-Con footage is online:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809998238/video/21036984

There are a couple of jokes that don't quite hit (that Marlon Brando impression, for instance), but not bad.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Mega Mind (formerly Oobermind & MasterMind)

Post by Bill1978 » July 26th, 2010, 6:49 am

After seeing that Comic Con footage my gut feeling still says Metro Man returns at the end. Don't ask me how it's achievable but based upon the scene there is plenty of time for Metro Man to dress up a skeleton in his costume and escape. I'm happy to be proven wrong and to look at back and laugh at this post after the movie is released but I still can't shake off the nagging feeling that accompanies the movie relying on Brad Pitt's name in the trailer while announcing his character does die. It just doesn't sit right with me.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » July 26th, 2010, 1:01 pm

Bill1978 wrote:but I still can't shake off the nagging feeling that accompanies the movie relying on Brad Pitt's name in the trailer while announcing his character does die. It just doesn't sit right with me.
I've seen stars get top billing for a five minute cameo, when they were the only name draw--Let alone when they were the only actor in it we wanted to see, and the rest of the movie was stuck with B-shelf goods.
NEVER underestimate studio marketing desperation, and DW is flop-sweat personified. :wink:
(Especially for this one, with the bad luck of following Dragon's act.)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » July 26th, 2010, 10:49 pm

Or it could maybe be that the character pulls off a "Big Z" ala "Surf's Up": His ego couldn't handle being defeated by MegaMind, so he fakes his own death because of it.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."