Fantasia

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
Lino

Fantasia

Post by Lino » January 17th, 2006, 7:07 pm

Well I loved 2000 and the original is an undisputed classic, for 2006...sounds interesting. Im looking forward to sabastians return. :D
Last edited by Lino on January 19th, 2006, 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 17th, 2006, 7:20 pm

Wait, wait, Fantasia 2006? What what?

Lino

Post by Lino » January 17th, 2006, 7:24 pm

ya, ask jeeves (ask.com)!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 17th, 2006, 8:21 pm

I'll watch it because I loved the radical, innovative, eye-popping 2000 version that just BLEW me away. Or something. Oh, wait. No I DIDN'T.

So I guess I won't be watching it. :roll:

(BTW no offense to people who liked it!)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

Lino

Post by Lino » January 17th, 2006, 9:00 pm

none taken :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » January 17th, 2006, 11:44 pm

I loved fantasia 2000. Honestly, moreso than the original. Donald Duck getting his own short definitaly made it even more awesome.

So i'm looking forward to it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » January 18th, 2006, 2:46 am

I really liked 2000. And I still also like the first one.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 18th, 2006, 3:33 pm

I didn't even now about this until like...now.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 18th, 2006, 5:00 pm

Is this back on??

Three shorts were made for F/06 - the still unwidely issued Destino, the African themed One By One (as seen on the Lion King II SE DVD), and Lorenzo (as seen on the front of Rasing Helen's theatrical release).

As far back as 2003, F/06 was dead, which is why these segments were issued as individual short films.

So...where does this news come from? Does having Roy back at Disney mean this is back on? I'd have thought a much bigger press event would have heralded a new Fantasia and a return to traditional animation at Disney's.

Personally, I think this is old. It's still not happening...yet.

Lino

Post by Lino » January 18th, 2006, 6:17 pm

You never know, "The wild" was though to be unproduced and POP there it is in 'o6. Personally, I hope f'06 does make it 2 the big screen.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » January 18th, 2006, 6:25 pm

does it come in Pixar?

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 18th, 2006, 10:44 pm

I thought this film was canned.

But I would love to see it done. :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 19th, 2006, 7:48 am

If this was still on, and coming out THIS year, I think we'd know it...I mean, Fantasia is bigger than The Wild, isn't it?

I LOVED One by One, btw. Is there any way I can see Destino and Lorenzo? I've only seen screencaps for one of them in some Disney mag.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 19th, 2006, 9:12 am

Meg wrote:If this was still on, and coming out THIS year, I think we'd know it...I mean, Fantasia is bigger than The Wild, isn't it?

I LOVED One by One, btw. Is there any way I can see Destino and Lorenzo? I've only seen screencaps for one of them in some Disney mag.
F/06 is definitely canned...no news on it, plus as our front page story reports, the fact that a new short of The Little Match Girl has been completed separetly can only mean that this was one of the last segments for this produced.

As for Destino and Lorenzo...check out the news on the front page - coming to DVD this summer!

This is pretty cool, and though there will be a lot of overlap (as much as half?) on previous releases - mainly the Treaures sets which already compose a number of Oscar-noms and winners - it'll be a nice way of having a lot of the more recent shorts collected.

As a bonus, I wouldn't be surprised if Disney threw in some of the other rarer films and other recent shorts (such as John Henry and One By One) to "complete" the collection.

Also interesting to see which - if any - they "drop", though hopefully this'll be a complete run from Flowers And Trees up to Lorenzo, and will include this latest Match Girl short.

Can't wait for this one!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 19th, 2006, 10:25 pm

"The Little Match Girl" sounds like awfully serious stuff for a Disney cartoon.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."