Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: Diamond Edition

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » April 26th, 2009, 7:14 pm

As we have seen in the past, Disney's home video policies are extremely fluid.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 27th, 2009, 4:50 am

Eric...

This is simple...this is your last warning.

Just stop coming down on George, pal. Whereas we can all take his posts with a pinch of salt (sometimes), yours are just personal attacks that have gotten very boring and more and more harder to overlook.

Keep doing it, and I won't even bother explaining why you have been booted...simple fact is, there was no reason for the last nine words in your last post.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Deco King » April 27th, 2009, 9:02 am

I have been posting on Ultimate Disney about Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs it's my all time favourite Disney animated movie.

I am really looking forward to seeing this on Blu Ray , as the quality of Sleeping Beauty and Pinocchio looks fabulous , and I simply can't wait to see how stunningly beautiful Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs will look , the trailer as seen on the Pinocchio Blu Ray looks fabulous , so crisp , a beautiful looking transfer!

Amongst the extras I'd like to see are the Pencil Tests for
The Witch At The Cauldron sequence : " Boil Cauldron Boil !! " where the Witch or Peddler Woman ( The Witch or Peddler Woman , is a rather Anti Semitic characterisation I'v always thought , a little like the Big Bad Wolf in the Three Little Pigs Silly Sypmphony - although I have never heard anyone else voice this thought - what do other Forum Posters think? ) stirs the poison up in her great cauldron , this fully animated sequence with Lucille La Verne's cackling voice will , no doubt have had extensive remastering to sound and picture too , and I like a previous poster would love to see The Music In Your Soup song fully animated as a separate extra on it's own , after all , we have to respect Disney's decision to leave it out of the sequence , as it was holding up the storyline!

Incidentally the end of that sequence with the spoon impaling the soap onto the wall was to have segued directly to the Heart Box's Dagger Through The Heart with the Wicked Queen holding it before the Magic Mirror as she asks "Magic Mirror On The Wall Who NOW Is The Fairest One Of All"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by MrsTashlin » April 27th, 2009, 9:43 am

Randall wrote:As we have seen in the past, Disney's home video policies are extremely fluid.

Very true. they like to change horses in the middle of the stream alot, don't they.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 27th, 2009, 10:14 am

Deco King should be very pleased with Snow White then - the clips used in the trailers so far have been cribbed from the previous restoration, with still quite a bit of gate weave and movement in the frames.

The film will look closer to Pinocchio when we get to see the final version.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Deco King » April 28th, 2009, 2:33 am

I'm now anxiously awaiting the official Disney Snow White Press Release detailing all the extras!

I still hope that the much viewed Snow White Cover Art is changed as I think it is absolutely appalling the worst ever cover art for the first and Faiest Of Them All!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Deco King » April 29th, 2009, 7:07 am

The Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs forum on Ultimate Disney www.ultimatedisney.com is reporting a list of features on the forthcoming Snow White Blu Ray as follows :

Via the Disney Store:

Disney View
Snow White Returns Storyboards
Audio Commentary with Walt Disney

Princess and the Frog Sneak Peek

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall Game

What Do You See Game

Jewel Jumble Game

Scene Stealer Activity

Hyperion Studios

The One That Started It All- featurette (Walt’s Vision of a sequel)

All New Music Video, Someday My Prince Will Come by Sonny with a Chance Star Tiffany Thornton

Also includes bonus features from original DVD release

Tech Specs:
Presentation: Fullscreen
Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
Sound: Digital 7.1 English DTS-HD Mastersound
Subtitled: Spanish, French
Dubbed: Spanish, French
Closed Captions: Yes
Running time: 84 minutes
For Region A use (Americas, East and Southeast Asia, U.S. territories, Bermuda) only

AS I wrote/typed OMG perhaps this means a new Snow White sequel to coincide with the 75th Anniversary in 2012?
Last edited by Deco King on April 29th, 2009, 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 29th, 2009, 9:21 am

Um...I don't think so.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Deco King » April 29th, 2009, 10:00 am

Well Ben, why not (?) I mean I hate the idea too , but they've already produced sequels to classic older animated features such as two to Cinderella , several to Aladdin , and Bambi and Jungle Book , and with heavy mention made of Walt's Vision for a Sequel and , it looks to me , as if they're trying to give a Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs sequel the Green Light " as sanctioned by Walt Disney himself! " as it were!!!

What it doesn't mention on the Disney Store Extras List is the fact that my friend the BBC Broadcaster Brian Sibley and many others ( John Canemaker et al ) have recorded new interviews ( filmed in New York earlier this year , for the upcoming Blu Ray Making Of Documentary , and yet the Disney Store Extras list states : Also includes bonus features from original DVD release , wrongly suggesting that there is no new Making Of Documentary on the new Blu Ray !!!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » April 29th, 2009, 11:10 am

Deco King wrote:Well Ben, why not
Um, because:
A) "The One That Started It All" is the existing documentary from the '00 DVD release, which was the sales-pitch line for the movie that started the feature studio,
B) Walt Disney publicly hated sequels (Fantasia doesn't qualify), loudly complained about his bad luck sequelizing the Three Little Pigs, and any memos he might or might not have been made may have been fortifying the studio against outside pressure, and
C) John Lasseter publicly banned all video-quels at the company, and shut down the animation division that would've been responsible for them, during the first 100 days of his administration? :P

(Meanwhile, go back and read earlier posts from the last two years about how the sequel department we would've had had been reducing themselves to only selling obscure titles with sequels, of which they had no problems whatsoever with Snow, if they were still in business to do it anyway.
We're glad you're still Fighting the Good Battles of 2005, but might want to keep your information as freshly updated as possible.) 8)
Last edited by EricJ on April 29th, 2009, 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Deco King » April 29th, 2009, 11:34 am

Well ERicJ I haven't been on this site for about a couple of years , but when I Googled Snow White on Blu Ray it came up , and it reminded me of this great website again , so here I am again!! So I guess I do have a bit of an excuse!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » May 1st, 2009, 1:35 pm

All New Music Video, Someday My Prince Will Come by Sonny with a Chance Star Tiffany Thornton
Oh no,and I"m surprised that there's a Princess And The Frog sneak peek,anyway if the DVD is coming in November then this might be a birthday gift.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 1st, 2009, 1:43 pm

I didn't notice that the first time around... Tiffany Thorton is the main character, yes? "Oh no" indeed. Her smile looks so creepy, so fake. I would've preferred if Disney had ported the Barbra Streisand redemption from the previous Platinum Edition. :(

Oh wait - that would be Demi Lovato! Still meh, but a little relieved.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Aaron_03 » May 3rd, 2009, 1:41 am

Deco King wrote:Well Ben, why not (?) I mean I hate the idea too , but they've already produced sequels to classic older animated features such as two to Cinderella

The Cinderella sequels are great. I think that Cinderella 3 should switch with the second. Disney, when making had Twist in Time (Cinderella 3) as the second movie, but changed it.

It obvious that just from the beginning -- she mentions her journey in a simplified way. Don't know why they would change it.....

Either way, it doesn't make much of a difference.

Also, Anastasia is nice to Cinderella in the 2nd movie. In the 3rd she isn't very nice till the end. So if they movies were to switch it would make more sense.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » May 3rd, 2009, 3:49 am

Daniel wrote:I didn't notice that the first time around... Tiffany Thorton is the main character, yes? "Oh no" indeed. Her smile looks so creepy, so fake. I would've preferred if Disney had ported the Barbra Streisand redemption from the previous Platinum Edition. :(

Oh wait - that would be Demi Lovato! Still meh, but a little relieved.
No,it's Demi Lovato who's the main character,why it's always those divas that plays the bratty,spoiled,blonde girls? why not Demi Lovato singing that?.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]