Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: Diamond Edition

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 20th, 2008, 4:42 pm

I forwarded your PM on to James, who is more adept at looking at technical issues on the forum. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by tyler283455 » September 20th, 2008, 5:14 pm

I can get the sig, but the avatar. I think I can banned form getting avaters on a different forum because it was too big. Could you or james look into that.
[img]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e314/joris1/ecede288.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 28th, 2009, 10:38 am

COVER!!!!:
This is amazing! one of the best Disney covers ever! much better then the old cover,Snow White and the Evil Queen looks amazing.
However,I"m disappointed of one thing-Where's a special logo?.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Rodney » January 28th, 2009, 11:23 am

That is a nice cover. I'm looking forward to seeing if this one has any new features.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 28th, 2009, 11:34 am

I don't have the old version so new features doesn't really matter for me.
I just noticed that there's no Disney Movie Rewards logo on the cover,so this may not be the final one,or it won't change (I just think that they should make a new logo and this cover is perfact).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Rodney » January 28th, 2009, 11:37 am

Well, the old version might not matter to me either if they do a good job at restoring this into High Def.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 28th, 2009, 11:41 am

The Sleeping Beauty restoration was great.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 28th, 2009, 2:54 pm

That is a beautiful cover! With the way the lighting is, you can bet that's going to be holographic on the Blu slipcover, ala Sleeping Beauty. It only needs a few touch-ups, such as Grumpy's face (all the dwarfs actually, but Grumps the worst) and the Prince and the horse. And I love how it doesn't have the title in the middle, if only they could do that more often.

The concept of it is good though, it's like they're trying to mimic the old fashioned posters, nice! And I like how it doesn't have a special logo. At times they can take up too much space. Kind of has a border anyway, with the black hues off of the Evil Queen.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 28th, 2009, 8:08 pm

Snowy herself also looks off-model. I would bet that this gets spruced up a bit between now and then. Also, I hate this new "Walt Disney" thing they've got going on...just slapping his signature name on there regardless of it being a classic, a recent release or even a direct to video.

But the basic design is pretty neat. I'm hoping for some of the archival film elements to be presented in HD, and still have fingers crossed that someone out there thinks that completing The Soup Song - as was mooted several years ago - would be a neat idea for an alternate edition (don't forget that Dopey still spurts out that spoon in the completed film, which doesn't explain where it comes from until The Soup Song makes it clear).

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » January 28th, 2009, 8:12 pm

Ben wrote:Snowy herself also looks off-model.
I was just about to type that! But overall I like it.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » January 28th, 2009, 8:17 pm

That's a pretty nice cover, and a nice departure from the layouts they've used the past couple of years.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 29th, 2009, 7:50 am

Daniel wrote:That is a beautiful cover! With the way the lighting is, you can bet that's going to be holographic on the Blu slipcover, ala Sleeping Beauty. It only needs a few touch-ups, such as Grumpy's face (all the dwarfs actually, but Grumps the worst) and the Prince and the horse. And I love how it doesn't have the title in the middle, if only they could do that more often.

The concept of it is good though, it's like they're trying to mimic the old fashioned posters, nice! And I like how it doesn't have a special logo. At times they can take up too much space. Kind of has a border anyway, with the black hues off of the Evil Queen.
So you"re saying that the Evil Queen makes it like a special logo? (Thought TinkerBell didn't and I think that also Bolt don't have special logos thought the merchandise and other things had a speical logo).
About the Dwarfs-Dopey,Happy,Doc and Bashful looks good,I don't mind Grumpy.
The Prince and the horse does look like a screencap.
Ben wrote:Snowy herself also looks off-model. I would bet that this gets spruced up a bit between now and then. Also, I hate this new "Walt Disney" thing they've got going on...just slapping his signature name on there regardless of it being a classic, a recent release or even a direct to video.
For Snowy-She's supposed to be a little more chubby and she looks more skinny in the cover.
About the Walt Disney Pictures I also noticed that,it's not even presents and they do slap it on every DVD.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » January 29th, 2009, 9:05 am

Her face is what looks off to me.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 29th, 2009, 9:45 am

Her face? I don't know,that's how she looks in the merchandise thought.
But she looks very good and better then the old edition IMO.
I think she looks more skinny thought.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Rodney » January 29th, 2009, 11:12 am

James wrote:Her face is what looks off to me.
It could be the angle of her face, but her eyes look like they're too far apart.