More Canceled Disney Sequels

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » October 26th, 2008, 6:49 pm

I would had loved a Oliver & Company sequel and a The Singin' Strays movie.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » October 30th, 2008, 2:08 am

Ben wrote:For the last time...Snow White "II" was an April Fools cooked up by yours truly for posting on our News page! :)

There were <I>rumors</I> that emerged <I>after the fact</I> that Disney <I>might</I> have thought about doing something like this, but this was never announced, never officially (or unofficially if what I understand is correct - and I did a little digging following our "story") in production, and never at anytime a serious proposal.

My fabricated story was simply riding the mood of the time. After Dumbo, and what might have been talks about another Pinocchio, were mooted for sequel treatment, I believed nothing was off limits to the Disney marketeers. The item we ran - speculating on "Snow White And The Eighth Dwarf", a long-lost cousin to the boys whom Snowy names Jumpy - appeared to be so real, with a mocked up poster, that it spread around the web before anyone noticed the date or could say "April Fools!"
And speaking as one of the few (...FEW) people who did recognize the "mocked-up poster" as the collectible pin from the Snow White DVD (and were alone in the wilderness trying to keep chaos-control)....THANKS LOADS, Laughing Boy. Yuk yuk. :?

We appreciate the artistic effort for Protest Through Satire, but this is why most websites have publicly renounced AFJ's.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 30th, 2008, 6:54 am

Hey...it supposedly put the brakes on Eisner and Morrill making what would have been a real insult to Walt's legacy, right? :)

I must say, though, that we haven't run any big AFJs in the past couple of years, the last one being an AOL takeover spoof that actually garnered some very angry emails about how we had "sold out"!

That mocked-up poster was taken from three sources: the Mirror was actually from the 1993 theatrical reissue poster (it didn't clock with me that they used it for the pin!), the Dwarfs from some original 1937/38 publicity material, and the shadow of "Jumpy" was a side-view of either Sleepy or Bashful from a 1936/37 model sheet.

Put 'em together and what have you got? A fairly good fake! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » October 30th, 2008, 1:02 pm

Ben wrote:Hey...it supposedly put the brakes on Eisner and Morrill making what would have been a real insult to Walt's legacy, right? :)
Actually, no--
The early "classic" cheapquels (eg. Dumbo II, Return to Neverland) were still in the "Copyright extension" phase that Bambi II came in at the end of, and they hadn't even gotten around to Snow White yet before Bambi could transition to the new post-legal "Old-title promotion" phase...
Snow still had popularity and built-in Platinum hype, no need to artificially boost it.
That mocked-up poster was taken from three sources: the Mirror was actually from the 1993 theatrical reissue poster (it didn't clock with me that they used it for the pin!)
(No, the "Dwarves in the Phantom Zone" picture was used for the '01 pin that Disney Store promoted with disk pre-orders...
Didn't know it was from an actual poster.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » October 30th, 2008, 2:06 pm

Ben-It's a good joke but you have a mistake,Prince Charming is the one from Cinderella,the prince from Snow White is only The Prince.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 30th, 2008, 3:40 pm

Eric...sigh.

You think you know quite a bit, but fail to understand there are others that <I>might</I> know just a little bit more!

I don't feel up to going into this right now, but essentially you haven't read anything I posted! I'm not talking Dumbo II, Bambi II, whatever II...I'm talking a follow-up to Snow White. I know <I>for a fact</I> that a Snowy sequel had been mooted. And I know <I>for a fact</I> that our story reaching out to as far as it did made a difference.

I also know <I>for a fact</I> that the "poster" image was made up from those elements - because I meshed them together! Check out your Platinum Edition gallery - the 1993 poster <I>of just the mirror</I> (no Dwarfs) is there. The Dwarfs was an image I had on file scanned from a book - they were <I>not</I> in the mirror...this was a 1936/37 publicity shot. I put the Dwarfs in the mirror, tinted them yellow-ish (it was a black and white still) and then added the "Jumpy" shadow.

I've seen the '01 pin, which is in color for a start - based on that image but very differently outlined and colored. Believe me...that "poster" is four or five layers from different sources.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » October 30th, 2008, 9:52 pm

Once Upon A Dream wrote:Ben-It's a good joke but you have a mistake,Prince Charming is the one from Cinderella,the prince from Snow White is only The Prince.
But as Snow herself points out, "Anyone could see he was Charming..." :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » October 31st, 2008, 1:08 am

Snow White is the worst princess anyway so I could understand Charming not wanting to associate himself with her

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » October 31st, 2008, 1:27 pm

Are you saying that he's cheating on her with Cindy? :shock:.
Poor Snow,she got the worst Prince,he's nercrophilias,pedophile,put lipstick on and acts like a raper.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » November 16th, 2008, 7:55 pm

There was a rumor that there was something with ariel sisters into the works but never happened.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » November 18th, 2008, 7:30 am

There were rumors about a Disney Mermaids line Fairies line but no one knows what happened to that,they only made some products called Ariel And Her Sisters in the Princess line with weird desgin that were made for Ariel's Beginning.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » November 18th, 2008, 8:06 pm

I bet that "Disney mermaid line" had to do something with Ariel and her sisters...{A friend of mine wouldve loved to see that} On top of that...a Roger Rabbit movie called Who Inked Roger Rabbit gets canned.

dont belive me? ask this guy......{I found his youtube account}

http://www.youtube.com/user/gagbonkers2 After lookin at his profile he's got a good taste in cartoons :D
Last edited by Darkblade on November 19th, 2008, 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 18th, 2008, 9:20 pm

I'm not sure I follow how that link ties in with a Roger Rabbit sequel...?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » November 18th, 2008, 9:55 pm

I talked with the guy on youtube...{I know it doesnt seem to follow in the RR sequel anyway} He said it was a sequel to Bakshi's cool world....

the plot was about a teenager{Named chris avery} who went on the search of finding roger rabbit throughout the world of underground animated characters...While he was on the case of finding Roger, Avery falls in love with Holli Would.

to me this sounds werid.... Hope that helps ya ben.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 18th, 2008, 10:09 pm

Yeah, it helps me to see this is the pretty wild imagination of a 16 year old kid! :)