Duckula movie?

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Duckula movie?

Post by Darkblade » November 10th, 2008, 11:16 pm

I find this pretty werid though but Dreamworks is thinking of doing a duckula movie with Aardman. Doesnt that sound kinda werid how they didnt see anything eye to eye with "flushed away"? I think this is a way to settle creative differnces.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » November 10th, 2008, 11:24 pm

$$$$$$$$$$$$

It solves all disagreements and moral constraints in show business. :twisted:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 10th, 2008, 11:31 pm

Aardman doesn't own Duckula, so that's even more strange!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » November 10th, 2008, 11:37 pm

Ben, Duckula is owned by Cosgrove Hall Films{which also made Dangermouse} I dont know if this is true or not....A friend of mine told me and she got the info off of wikipedia{I dont trust that site...Anyone can edit it}

But seeing how Aardman is interested in this{or not} It might be possible that this could be done in stop-motion.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 10th, 2008, 11:58 pm

Yes, that's what I said. Aardman do not own Duckula, Cosgrove Hall does (and I don't think they're actually still in business). Entertainment Rights, I believe, now owns their library...and they may be filing for bankruptcy!

So...take all this with a grain of salt...it's not going to happen anytime soon, and won't happen with Aardman in stop-motion for sure.

Duckula was a hand-drawn cartoon and, if anything, it would get produced in CGI animation. Aardman <I>could</I> be involved, but they don't usually take on anyone else's projects...they have enough talented people to create their own properties in house.

Frankly, this is a bogus rumor. If you have a link, I'd love to see it...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » November 11th, 2008, 12:04 am

All i could find of about this movie was this link

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088500/boa ... /113165365

and this
In 1995, there were plans of a Duckula movie, a plot was being questioned...and after a year of plot questioning Cosgrove Hall Films decided to drop the idea. But in 2007, DreamWorks is thinking of doing a movie based on the vampire duck. It is unknown if it would be in 2D, CGI, or stop-motion. Since Aardman {known for doing the Wallace and Gromit shorts} has also taken interest in the project it is possible that the movie could be in stop-motion Or Aardman's first 2D movie. But in 2006 Dreamworks and Aardman stop making movies after "creative differences" with Flushed Away its unknown if Aardman will do the movie with Dreamworks Animation.It is Nickelodeon's last movie

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 11th, 2008, 12:10 am

Sounds dead to me...don't hold your breath! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » November 11th, 2008, 12:24 am

Even if Cosgrove were up for Aardman grabs (as there seems to be an 00's marketing push lately, which sounds like someone bought somebody), think DW lost any hopes of an Aardman movie in the divorce.

Me, I've given up hope of even seeing Season 2 on disk. :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » November 11th, 2008, 4:26 pm

Whats to become of crood awakening?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 11th, 2008, 5:59 pm

Chris Sanders...DreamWorks... :)