Titanic

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Titanic

Post by Ben » April 15th, 2022, 8:07 pm

And quite possibly in poor taste. Titanic wasn’t a story, it was a historical event that concerned real people. Here it’s almost treated like comedy. Avoid for many reasons!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 16th, 2022, 2:31 pm

And that's coming from a Titanic nut! ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 16th, 2022, 9:25 pm

Indeedy, and that’s exactly why: this kind of desecrates something that was a real tragedy, without dignity or respect, as just a cheap knock-off of a piece of entertainment. The thing I really do "like" about the Titanic evrnts is that is *is* the perfect story…but that it actually happened. Yes, this is just a cheapo thrill based off the '97 movie, but that no less treats gives them license to make fun or cheapen those who died. Ya get me? :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » April 17th, 2022, 12:05 am

Lately, after finishing off the series, the lack of Sharknado movies has been hitting The Asylum hard (yes, it's one of theirs), and they've been lashing out--

In addition to going back to their old PD-source fairground hits of "Titanic II"--"It was a historical event, so there!"--they've also released a string of shark movies practically kicking dirt on Spielberg's shoes and daring him to sue them: "JAWS of the Shark"! "Raiders of the Lost Shark"

(Okay, what, did Spielberg actually sue them, at some point, and now the Ass-ylum has fallen so far they're grumbling into their beers over their old demons?)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 17th, 2022, 12:42 am

Jaws of the Shark and Raiders of the Lost Shark are not from The Asylum.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » April 17th, 2022, 3:07 am

So, now the Knockers-off have Knockoffs?
(Not counting Warner, that started creating direct-video Deep Blue Sea sequels hoping to, quote, "appeal to a more campy/tongue-in-cheek audience"...)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 17th, 2022, 8:50 pm

Still not the most embarrassing thing someone has made about the Titanic…

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 17th, 2022, 8:54 pm

:shock:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 17th, 2022, 10:11 pm

:shock: :shock:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 19th, 2022, 2:22 pm

So bizarre and cringey. Fun fact: it's not even the original version of the song. Here's the uncut dub:

Still weird and random as heck, but makes a little more sense. Either way, the film was ahead of its time! ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 19th, 2022, 5:24 pm

And it's still better than the other animated Titanic movie in which the ship was sunk thanks to a conspiracy between whalers and convict sharks, the latter of which tricked a giant octopus into throwing an iceberg into the Titanic so he could win a jailbird hat from one of the sharks as a prize. Mice were also involved. Also, no one died. Whales saved everyone on the ship.

No, Dacey has not finally snapped. This movie is real.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 19th, 2022, 8:27 pm

Yep and it spawned a sequel and a TV series! Madness.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 13th, 2023, 1:50 pm

I never understood this argument. I mean, it wasn’t about whether or not there was room for him on the door, but that the door couldn’t support both of them.

https://www.npr.org/2022/12/19/11440785 ... es-cameron
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Farerb » April 13th, 2023, 2:53 pm

I think he actually came to the conclusion that the door could support both of them, but it doesn't really matter, it's really missing the forest for the trees.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » April 13th, 2023, 9:35 pm

This argument has also perplexed. When I first watched the movie way back in the Summer of '98 (Australian time) in the theatre I thought it was obvious why Jack couldn't be on the door. It had nothing to do with space, but elementary physics. It was all about not tipping the door over trying to get on and the person currently on the door falling back into the ocean. And since the water was cold, and exhuastion and everything else one would experience fleeing a sinking ship in the middle of nowhere, a decision had to be made quickly and Jack decided that Rose's life was more important that his. I'm sure someone will argue it's possible to do, but then those people, again, aren't escaping a sinking ship and during any re-creation would lack the actual adrenalin running through their body which could affect logical thinking. But the way people keep bringing up the 'Jack could fit' has made me think that I have experienced a Mandela effect and no such moment occurs in the film.

Anyway, if Jack did get on the door I would have been robbed of the greatest cinema experience of all time. Internally laughing at all the yeenage girls sobbing cause heart throb Leonardo died.