Twice Upon a Time

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Twice Upon a Time

Post by Neal » December 19th, 2008, 2:26 am

For a while now I've been looking to expand my range of animated movies. Watership Down and The Plague Dogs are two films I plan to check out ASAP. Another film I've gotten interested in is Twice Upon a Time.

I guess I've heard there's several conflicting versions of them film? I Googled it and mostly found opinion pieces that didn't end up being very informative.

I've come to trust mostly all of your opinions here. Anyone have a suggestion for which version of Twice Upon a Time to watch? Rent or buy? Etc.
Feature Animation Favorites:
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » December 19th, 2008, 12:25 pm

Good luck finding it!

It's been out of print for years.

No idea when and if it will become available again.

That's one LucasFilm production that's shelved almost as far in the back of the film vault as The Star Wars Holiday Special.

Even Howard the Duck is getting a DVD release!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » December 19th, 2008, 12:58 pm

Well, there's some copies on ebay for upwards of $70. That'd be my most exorbitant film purchase ever! I'm still debating if that's worth it. I just don't know which version of the film is the accepted version given this films' various cuts.

But there's also VHSs of this film on Amazon for around $30.

So it's out there and depending upon where I look, I could get it at a decent price.
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 19th, 2008, 4:05 pm

No film that you haven't seen is worth spending that amount of money on. Your best bet is to try and rent or...dare I say it...play the waiting game with the rest of us and wait for a release.

WB have said this is a title they'd like to get to "when the time is right".

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » December 19th, 2008, 5:21 pm

"when the time is right"...

I've heard that one before. And a decade passes, and the time still isn't right.

I tried my libraries already but nothing. I guess I'll just hope to have it come down in price some day (doubt that, too).

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 20th, 2008, 6:13 pm

Everything happens in the end. Just can't be patient, can ya? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » December 20th, 2008, 6:47 pm

It's hard to sit on my hands and wait when some...not even very good...films get three re-releases in a decade and another film has twenty years go by and nothing happens at all.

But it's not like I'm telling you anything you don't already know.