Movies of 2009

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Movies of 2009

Post by eddievalient » February 18th, 2009, 2:32 am

Nobody's started a thread for this year, so here goes: For anyone who cares, Friday the 13th is awesome. It's not so much a remake, more a reimagining of the original idea and they pulled it off fantastically. It's very well written and the acting is above average for a film of this type, plus there's a killer prologue (no pun intended) that lets all and sundry know without a doubt that Jason is back with a vengeance. Before the movie, I saw trailers for Wolverine, Watchmen, Terminator, Transformers and Harry Potter, all of which look great. This summer is gonna be all kinds of fun!
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sunday » February 18th, 2009, 1:00 pm

...or one painful, all-encompassing hurt after another. Every one of those are adaptations of deeply loved properties and I'm going to enjoy reading fanboy and fangirl rage this year (particularly for Star Trek).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 18th, 2009, 1:15 pm

It's so true! Gosh Sunday, stop making me laugh! ;)

I've already heard Friday the 13th (again!) is not up to snuff. That it includes the most cliché of happenings, you know he's going pop up around the corner, you know he's going to attack when some teens are nude, etc. Not my opinion remember, I'll reserve that 'till I rent it. Even if it's hokey, I can't watch scary movies on the big screen. Well, I did go see Carrie 2, but that wasn't really scary. Darn good follow up though, very faithful!

Luckily I really don't care much for any of the movies in the offing, so no, it doesn't really concern me how good they are. I did however see the trailers for Wolverine during American Idol (yick) and it did look very neat. Seeing him as a young boy with his hands and all that.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » February 18th, 2009, 5:12 pm

Outside of the animated movies that I want to see, here's my short list...

"Watchmen"
"Race to Witch Mountain"
"Duplicity"
"Wolverine"
"Star Trek"
"Angels and Demons"
"Terminator: Salvation"
"Night at the Museum 2"
"Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen"
"Public Enemies"
"Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince"
"G.I. Joe"
"The Wolfman"
"Sherlock Holmes"
"Avatar"

And there are probably lots of others that I'm forgetting.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » February 19th, 2009, 12:22 am

Which Avatar are you talking about? Unfortunately, there are two different films coming out with that title, so there's probably going to be massive confusion. Who in the world thought it would be a good idea anyway?

And Daniel, you should know by now not to trust critics' reviews of horror films. It's like a law that critics aren't allowed to like 'em, don't ask me why. The only reviews I would trust would be from a horror film fansite. If the fans don't like it, that's one thing, but in this case the fans obviously do considering the business it's doing.

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » February 19th, 2009, 4:17 am

Three movies I'm waiting for

"Night at the Museum 2"
"Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince"
"Wolverine"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » February 19th, 2009, 2:13 pm

Im up for the princess and the frog....Hopefully it succeeds at the box-office and makes alvin lose at the box-office.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » February 20th, 2009, 12:56 am

Agreed.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 24th, 2009, 1:18 am

This film looks very cool: :)

"Fanboys"--a bunch of Star Wars fans on a mission to break into George Lucas' SkyWalker Ranch and see The Phantom Menace a year before it comes out. Lots of cameos from William Shatner, Billy Dee Williams, etc...

http://www.apple.com/trailers/weinstein/fanboys/

(PG-13 humor)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 24th, 2009, 9:17 am

Is this the movie that got pulled, then released but trampled by something else because it was the Studio's cut and is now being put out again in the director's intended version?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » February 24th, 2009, 1:34 pm

I"m looking for.....
Wolverine.
Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince.
Ice Age:Dawn Of The Dinosaures.
The Princess And The Frog (Maybe I"ll see it in theaters but,I have lots of time until then).
Hannah Montana:The Movie,well,it's a nice show for a Disney Channel one,thought anyone who hates might like it because it's the end of Hannah Monana.
And I"lll see Monsters Vs Aliens,Sherlock Holmes,Night at the Museum 2 up.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » February 24th, 2009, 3:54 pm

Keeping with the header, we'll take what started out as a Friday-fangeek post (well, that one didn't stay around as long as we hoped, did it? ;) ), and deliver what those of us who stuck around the Oscar ceremony after the chat got, all the way to the end credits--
A rundown of the movies we ARE getting in 2009:

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.p ... 96&count=0

(Wow, even I didn't know about "Amelia" or "Julie & Julia"...)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » February 26th, 2009, 8:14 am

I dont know if this would work but a friend of mine had the idea of doing a petition to possibly push the date of the CG chipmunks movie so our hopes of more hand drawn movies can happen. Does anyone like this idea?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » February 26th, 2009, 8:15 am

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Rodney » February 26th, 2009, 9:09 am

I don't think that pushign the CG Chipmunks movie will result in more hand drawn movies. What will spur more hand drawn movies is if the next one released is a blockbuster.