AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Disney's The Three Musketeers

Post by Aaron_03 » March 9th, 2009, 7:50 pm

Is this coming to Blu Ray or what?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » March 9th, 2009, 9:17 pm

Doubtful, at least for the next few years. Disney's only putting their Platinum animated titles on BD right now.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Aaron_03 » March 9th, 2009, 10:13 pm

Randall wrote:Doubtful, at least for the next few years. Disney's only putting their Platinum animated titles on BD right now.
Well, they have a lot of other movies like a Bugs Life and Monters, INC coming out May 15..

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » March 9th, 2009, 11:31 pm

Yeah, and those would be Pixar features, not Disney direct-to-video titles. I'd say that 3M is pretty far down the list of titles to get to for BD. The Pixar films are a different brand, and (due to being complex CGI) will benefit much more from hi-def than 3M. I'm not saying that it can't happen, but I really doubt that it will be soon. Disney teased the Pixar releases for two years, but have said nothing about non-Platinum Disney animated films--- and certainly no catalog animated DTVs.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 10th, 2009, 11:06 am

<I>DAN!</I> ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by MrsTashlin » March 10th, 2009, 8:15 pm

last time i priced this, it was obscene.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 10th, 2009, 8:56 pm

I don't follow, unless you meant "saw" instead of priced? I'm shocked just the same!
Ben wrote:<I>DAN!</I> ;)
Aside from a few mentionings, mostly from the quote thread, this really doesn't have its own thread.

I can't wait until some of the worst DTVs come to Blu, if ever. No matter what, Hunchback II will look UGLY. They could redraw some of it, as was the case with the recent SE of TLM:II, but I seriously doubt it. Why waste money? It's not even that great of a movie if you ignore the hideous animation and off colors and etc.!

Bring on Return to Never-Land, though! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by MrsTashlin » March 13th, 2009, 8:23 pm

as far as seeing how much the dvd was money wise. Obsenely priced, at least to me anyway.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » March 14th, 2009, 9:22 am

Three Musketeers was not a bad little movie, but it probably would have been better if they had used the same crew from Prince and the Pauper (now that's something that should have been feature length).
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83