AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 20th, 2010, 7:27 am

And Roscoe P. Coltrane is signing the first 400 copies:

http://www.wbshop.com/Dukes-The-The-Com ... lt,pd.html

Yee-haw! :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » November 20th, 2010, 10:59 am

Pretty cool, though maybe not enough to make me bite. Very nice to see so much H-B coming out from Warner Archive, though. I'm hoping for more 1960s and 1970s shows.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » November 24th, 2010, 12:48 am

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 24th, 2010, 7:06 am

Click, click! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: WB Archive Collection: DVDs On Demand!

Post by gaastra » November 25th, 2010, 10:33 pm

I sure hope we get the 90s addams family soon!

I never saw the 60s cartoon. Shame they didn't put the scooby crossover as an extra.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » November 25th, 2010, 10:56 pm

Watching the 1973 cartoon show got my interested in seeing the 1960s live action show again. I think I'll have to Netflix it on my PS3.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re:

Post by EricJ » November 26th, 2010, 1:10 am

I recently Netflixed the 60's series (never watched it as a kid; was always a Munsters fan and now I don't know why :| ), and it's still insanely funny:
John Astin and Carolyn Jones's completely unflustered deadpans in the midst of utter silliness was years ahead of its time.
(Plus, those who say that Rob & Laura Petrie were the only classic rerun couple with the hots for each other have never seen Gomez and Morticia tango.)

I dimly remember the 70's cartoon as a kid, but was never able to make a qualitative comparison between the two.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » November 28th, 2010, 12:42 am

Adam West. Ed McMahon. Capes. Ghetto Man. Ruth Buzzi. A gypsy gal with 5 o'clock shadow. C'mon. Admit that you're curious to read this review!

http://animatedviews.com/2010/legends-o ... perheroes/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » November 29th, 2010, 4:13 pm

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » November 30th, 2010, 1:51 am

I doubt Legend of the Superheroes was shot on 16mm...

16mm is way better than many people make it sound!

By the late 1970s, a lot of live-action shows as well as news was being shot on videotape.

Most likely this is a videotape show. 16mm doesn't bleed like that and definitely does NOT look like that, either. 16mm has a "filmic" look, more like 35mm. (Like 35mm, 16mm is also far more durable than videotape.) That point is one of the reasons WHY I like movie film strip versus home video. Home video looks a bit TOO bright at times and has a desaturated look. Even though film has a wet, not-quite-reality look I prefer that to video.

Thank goodness you can fake a film look on hi-def camcorders now!

I never had much use for videotape on TV series. There are a couple of shows that shot their later years straight to video and I HATED it. Didn't like the look of the season of the original Twilight Zone for that reason. Not crazy about how all the sitcoms shot on video in the late 1970s and 1980s look now, too. Film always looks classier to me...

P.S.-- Saw these two shows way back when. Now that I see stills and occasional videoclips, this is something I can definitely skip! Don't need this in the video library... UGH... Might be first in line for a 1966 Batman collection. We're long overdue for THAT show and it WOULD be worth a quality home video release.

I'll be honest, I don't trust these DVD-R releases for durability. The sooner I get a new computer with Blu ray, the sooner I'm backing up some more things to a DURABLE format. BD-R is way better than DVD-R.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Baree » November 30th, 2010, 11:21 am

gaastra wrote:http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Yogi-B ... cape/14744

Yogi's great escape is coming.

Excellent! I hope they keep them coming! I'd especially be happy with The Good, The Bad and Huckleberry Hound, Hey there it's Yogi Bear! and Yogi Bear and the Magical Flight of the Spruce Goose.

I'd also welcome Yogi Bear and the Invasion of the Space Bears which is one of the less interesting Yogi Bear movies imo, but has Snulu in it :P

But I´ll take any Yogi movie, and Great Escape will do for now :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 30th, 2010, 2:22 pm

Hey there, it's Yogi Bear! is already available on DVD - an official release to boot!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Baree » December 1st, 2010, 9:34 am

Huh. How did I miss that? Thanks for pointing it out :)

EDIT: After checking amazon.co.uk I found there is going to be a PAL release January 31st, so I'll see what that brings first I think.

EDIT 2: TVShowsOnDVD just retweeted that "Yogi Bear and the Magical Flight of the Spruce Goose" and "Yogi and the Invasion of the Space Bears" will also be released with the rest of the already announced bunch, so it looks like I got a large part of my wish :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » December 2nd, 2010, 4:43 pm

Two more yogi tv movies coming.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Yogi-B ... cape/14755

Edit--Baree beat me to it!