WB Archive Collection: DVDs On Demand!

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: WB Archive Collection: DVDs On Demand!

Post by Ben » November 6th, 2020, 8:53 pm

And the EXCELLENT BBC documentary from the late 80s. Loads of top talking heads, and a typically serious look at all the insanity. This was included on a previous Looney Tunes set, but in two parts, I think. Plus, y'know, DVD artefacts. So this will be a nice, as good as the SD master, version, and a terrific addition, which I asked for as far back as the Droopy set on DVD! Now for Cinema Arts' Camera Three interview footage with Tex to be shown in full on Volume 3 next...that would be very cool!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 7th, 2020, 3:47 pm

An excellent doc it is. I have it on tape so that will get retired.

Shame we have to continue waiting for that final Screwy Squirrel short!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 7th, 2020, 8:52 pm

I’ll be keeping my prized VHS very safe: it’s a three hour off-air tape with a bunch of super-cool serious animation filmmaker documentaries on it, including Tex, Walt, Chuck, Art Babbit, Richard Williams. It’s one that I keep in tip-top condition, so I’m glad I won’t need to plunder it for Tex in future, at least!

As for Screwey...well, they need to leave us wanting more, right? :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » November 7th, 2020, 9:16 pm

Ben wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 8:52 pm
As for Screwey...well, they need to leave us wanting more, right? :)
Despite my prediction a few pages back, it looks like they've held both Swing Shift Cinderella and Wild And Woolfy for volume 3 .. though, at least 'Red' does have random brief appearances in a few cartoons, in this volume.

Another major 'Red' cartoon held for volume 3 is Uncle Tom's Cabaña .. which isn't nearly as 'bad' as its title might imply. However -- since Big Heel-watha made it onto volume 1 uncut -- hopefully, there's nothing to worry about there.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 8th, 2020, 12:48 pm

I think this is niche and the disclaimer on the back is clear enough that these will be uncut, as is the Archives way. And there’s always the LaserDisc! I’m just glad to get all the Tomorrow films in one place! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 23rd, 2020, 1:59 pm

DVD versions of Volume 1 and Volume 2 are being released in tandem with the Blu. Up on the WBShop, too.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 17th, 2020, 2:53 pm

Early word is the quality on Tex dipped. Some shorts look as good as the first volume while others look awful. Supposedly a lot of DVNR. Shame if that's the case. My copy should be arriving soon.