Lilo and Stitch

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Lilo & Stitch - Special Edition DVD (5th September,

Post by PatrickvD » June 18th, 2005, 12:31 pm

JustinWilliams wrote:Play.COM just taught me that one can pre-order Lilo & Stitch Special Edition which will include the alternative ending scene! The artwork, though low-res, is attached. Great news. The set's contents are not listed yet, but I personally can't wait. Here's hoping one is seen for 'Home on the Range' and 'Treasure Island' too!!!
wow... though I think Treasure Island is already available :wink: Treasure Planet however, should in my opinion also be released as a 2 disc SE along with Home on the Range. Both are okay movies. I'm really excited Lilo is coming to 2 disc at last. It's one of Disney best movies ever. Timeless.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 18th, 2005, 4:05 pm

Treasure Planet and Home On The Range, for being fairly short movies and non-box office alighters, have really good SE discs out there already.

I don't think you're going to find those re-issued again until HD (or Blu-Ray) kicks in.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » June 19th, 2005, 2:11 am

Yeah, I think that the TP and HOTR DVDs were fine too, but I've been holding off on getting Lilo & Stitch until the 2-disc'er's released. Nice to hear it'll finally be out in a few months (provided this info doesn't change).

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 19th, 2005, 10:50 am

Me too Rand - and I've been aching to see it again. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wonderlicious » June 19th, 2005, 11:12 am

I've actually known this for quite a while, as it has been on their site for a few months now, yet only recently got cover art. I'm probably going to get this DVD. I used to have the old one, although I sold it to make way for the 2 disc release, which is finally coming. I believe that France, Italy and Australia already had this, and from what I recall, they seemed to think it was very good and one of the best Disney DVDs.
-Joe

[i]GIRL: Do you know the way to the Magic Kingdom?
PETER PAN: Sure I do...but can you [b]fly?[/b][/i]
-Scary Disney World TV ad circa '71

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 19th, 2005, 11:20 am

I bought the single ages ago, when this was actually cancelled.

When it was announced/started coming our internationally, I offloaded the single (which I kept sealed in case of such an event) on eBay.

Not surprised many people think it's one of the best sets - the word went out at the time that Disney wanted to make this the "Pixar" of their hand-drawn features kind of DVD.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » June 19th, 2005, 12:16 pm

Finally, it comes! :lol:

This is definitely on my must-have list if only to watch the alternate 747 ending... 8)

Should be a VERY nice 2-disc set if a bit bittersweet because of the ending of the Orlando studio.

[You know what they say about karma, guys. The day of reckoning is coming for the Disney executives that made all those feckless decisions in the 1990s and early 21st Century. It's already a given that very few people will miss Michael Eisner when he leaves, but I think a lot of people are forgetting the bell's hammer will eventually fall on the people that cost hundreds of other people their jobs...

Mark my words, I DON'T think every Disney executive responsible for the lousy decisions in the past 10 years will retire or resign from the company without consequences. I'm thinking that the latest suit against the Disney board and Eisner WILL bear fruit eventually. You reap what you sow...]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 19th, 2005, 6:29 pm

Your words are marked. Frankly, I'd like to see an end to David Stainton's reign. Quite what a TV animation executive is doing in the FA building has always bewildered me, especially given his strange and erratic behaviour! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jessie » June 27th, 2005, 11:33 am

This DVD is as brilliant as they say I have had the Australian edition for ages now! It is Disney's 2nd best DVD ever!

Why 2nd you ask?

I'm sorry but nothing can top the brilliance of the Atlantis CE! That was one solid DVD!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wonderlicious » July 15th, 2005, 1:27 pm

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=ti ... g=72&pa=sr

It's been moved forward if you'd like to know to 22nd August, to coincide with the release of Stitch has a Glitch. A 2 Movie pack will also be released, although I should note that that pack may not be available for such a long time; the Mulan 2 Movie Pack went out of print a week after it was released, I believe! :shock:
-Joe

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » July 15th, 2005, 1:47 pm

wait wait wait
Treasure Planet has a special edition disk out?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wonderlicious » July 15th, 2005, 6:40 pm

Macaluso wrote:wait wait wait
Treasure Planet has a special edition disk out?
In the Ultimatedisney.com review, it states that the DVD credits label the current disc as a special edition, which is no surprise, as although I didn't see all the bonus material when I rented the DVD, this is apparently the best single disc release of a Disney animated classic.
-Joe

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » July 15th, 2005, 7:05 pm

oh :(

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 15th, 2005, 7:25 pm

The TP disc IS a two disc edition... just with a redundant fullscreen alternative taken out.

You get visual and audio commentary, and loads of featurettes. It's a packed disc.

Anyone know where they will be selling the Stitch 2-pack? I'd go for that.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wonderlicious » July 17th, 2005, 4:20 pm

Ben wrote: Anyone know where they will be selling the Stitch 2-pack? I'd go for that.
Play.com have it up for £23.99, and I think Amazon may have it for a little less.
-Joe