Lilo and Stitch

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
GeorgeC

Lilo and Stitch

Post by GeorgeC » February 16th, 2005, 4:11 pm

This doesn't make sense unless Daveigh Chase's voice has finally changed, OR if Chase has gotten too expensive for Disney (unlikely). Chase was the perfect Lilo and I really question replacing her at this point in time -- unless again, her voice has changed too much. She's done a fine job through now and it doesn't make sense after several years of doing the voice for Disney to now and up change it.

I realize Fanning is the childstar of the moment, but I for one am going to notice the difference and am going to be ticked if she sounds TOO different and is as bad at acting as Jake Lloyd was in Episode I.

(Seriously, guys, I've NEVER seen a Dakota Fanning movie but notice she's get plastered all over the place and does the talkshow circuit just like any other flavor of the month.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » February 16th, 2005, 4:22 pm

I dunno who this person is, but I'm kinda dispointed that they're not using the original lilo voice :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by AniMan » February 16th, 2005, 4:33 pm

Dakota Fanning in an excellent actress, seriously, no exaggeration. She's been in a lot of films, and I'd be surprised if you haven't seen one of them (go to imdb.com and put in her name -- you'll see her movie credits) But that said, I still think no one can replace Daveigh Chase as Lilo. She had the endearing voice I've ever heard for a character. And Dakota Fanning is definitely getting older; I wonder why they would choos e someone who's voice will definitely be changing soon..
Do. Or do not. There is no try.
---[i]Master Yoda[/i]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Phil » February 16th, 2005, 4:35 pm

I've been watching the Lilo & Stitch series on Disney Channel, and for the most part Daveigh sounds the same as she did three years ago in the movie.

Strangely enough, in the new episode that aired last Friday (titled "Skip") Lilo and Stitch skipped ten years into the future where Lilo is a teenager. As far as I could tell, Daveigh voiced both Lilos (child and teen). Even if her voice is different now, she's still capable of doing the part.

I saw the preview for L&S2 with my kids, and my nine-year-old daughter said "I hate when they change voices for the sequels." At nine years old, she recognized the difference. (I taught her well. I'm so proud.)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » February 16th, 2005, 4:38 pm

While I am not angry about the re-casting, I do wish Chase could have returned. Still, Dakota Fanning is three times the actor that Jake Lloyd is. For those of you who don't know who she is, take a look at I Am Sam. Oh, the movie is horrible. But her performance in it is awesome. For a quicker view of who Fanning is, take a look at the Super Bowl trailer for War of the Worlds. She, of course, is the little girl in it.

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=5952

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » February 16th, 2005, 5:40 pm

The reason Dakota Fanning is in it is because she is the most famous child star at the moment so that's all that anybody in Hollywood has on their brain.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » February 17th, 2005, 1:52 am

Christian wrote:The reason Dakota Fanning is in it is because she is the most famous child star at the moment so that's all that anybody in Hollywood has on their brain.

BINGO!

Are you sure we weren't cloned from the same batch of cells? :lol:

But seriously, as much as I don't like sequels to animated films, this really does stink for Daveigh Chase.

And like Phil said, kids AREN'T that dumb and will definitely notice the difference.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 17th, 2005, 10:56 pm

Also, I hate how she's not even in The Ring 2. :(
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » February 17th, 2005, 11:05 pm

What's funny is that IMDB still has her listed as Samara in it, though.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by macontosh2000 » February 18th, 2005, 8:31 am

ShyViolet wrote:Also, I hate how she's not even in The Ring 2. :(
From what i heard she didnt want to be part of it because Samara would only have like 2 minutes of screen time.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wonderlicious » February 18th, 2005, 11:25 am

Christian wrote:The reason Dakota Fanning is in it is because she is the most famous child star at the moment so that's all that anybody in Hollywood has on their brain.
Hmm, I didn't even know who she was. :roll:
-Joe

[i]GIRL: Do you know the way to the Magic Kingdom?
PETER PAN: Sure I do...but can you [b]fly?[/b][/i]
-Scary Disney World TV ad circa '71

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » February 18th, 2005, 4:25 pm

But people in the business do.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » February 18th, 2005, 4:34 pm

Still, looking at her work in I Am Sam and several other movies, wouldn't you admit that Fanning deserves a lot of the praise she receives? I mean, she seems to be more mature and a better actor than any other child actor I have ever seen.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » February 18th, 2005, 6:14 pm

No, she does a good job. It's just that when somebody becomes an A-list actor all the directors think they have to use them in everything. Then when the movie comes out on DVD the director will say something on the commentary track like, "So-and-so is really the only person who could've pulled off this complex role."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Lilo & Stitch - Special Edition DVD (5th September, 05)

Post by JustinWilliams » June 18th, 2005, 8:27 am

Play.COM just taught me that one can pre-order Lilo & Stitch Special Edition which will include the alternative ending scene! The artwork, though low-res, is attached. Great news. The set's contents are not listed yet, but I personally can't wait. Here's hoping one is seen for 'Home on the Range' and 'Treasure Island' too!!!