Winnie the Pooh (2011)

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Winnie the Pooh (2011)

Post by Farerb » January 26th, 2024, 11:40 am

I decided to finally get The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and Winnie the Pooh (2011). It's weird that Disney didn't consider rereleasing them in their 100th celebration like they did other lesser movies like The Aristocats or Robin Hood.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 26th, 2024, 7:26 pm

I know you don’t like the DTVs, but if there’s one other Pooh movie that matches up to those two, and somewhat falls between them, it’s The Tigger Movie.

Yeah, there were other Pooh films that got theatrical releases (Piglet, Heffalump), but they’re distinctly of the television-animated variety (like New Adventures and The Search For Christopher Robin DTV), with closed thick outlines as opposed to the original illustration Xerox look that Tigger maintains.

It did get a legit big screen release, a properly recognised British actor as narrator (as in they didn’t cheap out on just anyone) *and* has authentic Pooh songs from the Shermans. Just as A Goofy Movie straddles that line between what should and shouldn’t be included in the official lineup, The Tigger Movie certainly feels more authentic as a Disney feature and certainly a genuine Pooh outing, just FYI. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Farerb » January 26th, 2024, 10:28 pm

Thanks for the recommendation. I haven't seen any of the Pooh Disney Toons movies.

I want to complete Disney Animation hand drawn films. I still don't have:
The Sword in the Stone
The Aristocats
Robin Hood
The Rescuers
The Fox and the Hound
The Black Cauldron
Oliver & Company
The Rescuers Down Under
Brother Bear
Home on the Range
And all the package films.