Winnie the Pooh (2011)

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Winnie the Pooh (2011)

Post by DisneyPictures » June 28th, 2011, 11:47 am

The film has already been released in the UK, a few early reviewers in US have said good things.

Here's a review from the LA Film Festival:
http://veryaware.com/2011/06/la-film-fe ... h/?gr_i_ni

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » July 15th, 2011, 6:42 pm

My brother made a facebook group to help get the word out about this film(two days before the film came out!). and it even got onto cartoonbrew. Also. I saw the film today. it was fantasic.

AV Team
AV Team

Re: Winnie the Pooh (2011)

Post by Dan » July 16th, 2011, 1:24 am

Craig Ferguson did a quasi-Winnie the Pooh themed episode of The Late Late Show last night. In addition to him talking about the movie, in which he voices Owl, he also interviews Zooey Deschanel, who sings three songs in the film, and Jim Cummings, the voice of Winnie and Tigger.

Be warned that the clips contain a lot of censored profanity and a good deal of sexual innuendos as the show is rated TV-14. Also, clips of the movie have been cut down for copyright reasons.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by flyngryter711 » July 18th, 2011, 2:44 am

I am a huge Winnie the Pooh fan and think this will be brilliant. The initial reviews looks extremely positive. I don't want to read any of them as they might spoil some plot details for me.
I started collecting cars 2 toys from the cars 2 movie.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 18th, 2011, 9:27 am

The first of two interviews from us on Pooh:
http://animatedviews.com/2011/winnie-th ... -composer/ :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Vernadyn » July 18th, 2011, 5:37 pm

Thanks for the Henry Jackman interview. I'm usually not too interested in composers from the Media Ventures/Remote Control stable, but I admit that Jackman has joined Mark Mancina, Harry Gregson-Williams, and John Powell as one of those whose music interests me more than Zimmer's. Winnie the Pooh's score is delightful, and I was also impressed with his music for Gulliver's Travels and Kick-Ass. Monsters vs. Aliens has grown on me as well. Jackman really seems to know the classical repertoire, which is refreshing. Although I think the score for X-Men: First Class is fine, I would have loved to hear the more complex music that he initially came up with.