Winnie the Pooh (2011)

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Winnie the Pooh (2011)

Post by DisneyPictures » June 28th, 2011, 11:47 am

The film has already been released in the UK, a few early reviewers in US have said good things.

Here's a review from the LA Film Festival:
http://veryaware.com/2011/06/la-film-fe ... h/?gr_i_ni

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » July 15th, 2011, 6:42 pm

My brother made a facebook group to help get the word out about this film(two days before the film came out!). and it even got onto cartoonbrew. Also. I saw the film today. it was fantasic.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » July 16th, 2011, 1:24 am

Craig Ferguson did a quasi-Winnie the Pooh themed episode of The Late Late Show last night. In addition to him talking about the movie, in which he voices Owl, he also interviews Zooey Deschanel, who sings three songs in the film, and Jim Cummings, the voice of Winnie and Tigger.

Be warned that the clips contain a lot of censored profanity and a good deal of sexual innuendos as the show is rated TV-14. Also, clips of the movie have been cut down for copyright reasons.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by flyngryter711 » July 18th, 2011, 2:44 am

I am a huge Winnie the Pooh fan and think this will be brilliant. The initial reviews looks extremely positive. I don't want to read any of them as they might spoil some plot details for me.
I started collecting cars 2 toys from the cars 2 movie.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 18th, 2011, 9:27 am

The first of two interviews from us on Pooh:
http://animatedviews.com/2011/winnie-th ... -composer/ :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Vernadyn » July 18th, 2011, 5:37 pm

Thanks for the Henry Jackman interview. I'm usually not too interested in composers from the Media Ventures/Remote Control stable, but I admit that Jackman has joined Mark Mancina, Harry Gregson-Williams, and John Powell as one of those whose music interests me more than Zimmer's. Winnie the Pooh's score is delightful, and I was also impressed with his music for Gulliver's Travels and Kick-Ass. Monsters vs. Aliens has grown on me as well. Jackman really seems to know the classical repertoire, which is refreshing. Although I think the score for X-Men: First Class is fine, I would have loved to hear the more complex music that he initially came up with.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 14th, 2023, 3:45 pm

Taken from another thread:
Ben wrote:
February 7th, 2023, 8:30 pm
I’m still convinced, even outside the Potter threat, that the subsequent "official" Pooh sequel didn’t do well because it was just seen by the audience as yet another cheaper knockoff (and because it had a bland generic title when it should have been retained the production name of The Further Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh to tie it to the original Many Adventures feature).
That was never the production name sadly. Seems fans mistook John Musker's description of the film in an interview (from our site!) and ran with it. The original name was going to be Winnie the Pooh and the Day in Which Many Things Happened. Although wordy, I much prefer it. Here are some early posters:

Too cute! Love the vintage look.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 14th, 2023, 5:41 pm

Where did you find those?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 14th, 2023, 6:06 pm

From here and here.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by blackcauldron85 » March 14th, 2023, 7:29 pm

Super cute posters!! I wonder how much influence a different title would have had at getting more people into theater seats. Still one of my most favorite films- it is my go-to cheer-me-up film (along with TENG).

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 14th, 2023, 8:36 pm

Winnie-The-Pooh And The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day…! ;)

Actually, that’s what that horror film thingy should have gone with! :lol:

Also, have to say that John Musker was calling Pooh '11 the "further adventures" title all the way while through production and in interviews that I saw (not just read) at release time. Maybe they had a variety of titles that different factions were trying to push? I can see why Many Things didn’t stick, but anything would have been better than the bland end title we got, which doesn’t really say *what* it is!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » March 15th, 2023, 12:35 am

I'm just glad they didn't keep the phrase "All-Nooh!" Oh, brother!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 15th, 2023, 4:24 am

You mean…

Oh, bother!

;)

Actually, that comes from the posters from Blustery Day! Yes, I suppose it worked better in the 60s… They also went with "Hip-Hip-Pooh-ray!" as a tag, too(h).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 15th, 2023, 3:12 pm

Yeah, I appreciated that callback nod. Matched the vintage look.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Evergreen » March 16th, 2023, 9:20 pm

Those posters are really cute. I think that would have been a much better title, too. I wish they'd kept that.