Winnie the Pooh (2011)

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 8th, 2009, 1:31 pm

I don't wanna say I <I>told</I> ya so...so I won't. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » April 11th, 2009, 12:10 am

An "I told you so" would only be merited if I ever said you were wrong. I didn't. Merely hoped you were wrong.
Feature Animation Favorites:
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 11th, 2009, 5:16 pm

That's also why I didn't say it...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » April 11th, 2009, 5:29 pm

Well anyways, it's understandable Pooh needs a break for a while. I look forward to a (hopeful) return in the not too distant future. A traditionally animated feature would be nice, even if done as some sort of TV special. I'd like a big montage film that combines the whole cast together - Darby and Christopher, and all the stuffed animals from all the shows. We have Gopher some of the time, other times not. Same goes for other characters. A film where they all come together (and the connection between Darby and Christopher is explained) would be nice. I think some time is needed, however, for them to regain their relevance.
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 11th, 2009, 6:24 pm

I saw it on Disney Channel this morning and thought that it was pretty cute. A little on the long side (despite a running time of less than an hour), but a cute movie overall.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Winnie the Pooh (2011)

Post by Neal » June 2nd, 2009, 2:28 am

I got my wish!

I got super excited when Kenny Loggins said he was 'working on music for a new Tigger film'.

I thought "The Tigger Movie 2" was surely on its way.

When it turned out to be the finale film for "My Friends Tigger & Pooh", I was let down!

Well, no longer!

It's going to come in 2011.

Read on...

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 2nd, 2009, 11:25 am

If memory serves, "Pooh's Heffalump Movie" was actually reasonably well reviewed, at least as these things go.

I wonder where they're going to animated the new movie.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » June 2nd, 2009, 11:29 am

It got a 64/100 on Metacritic... which is okay. Slightly above average.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Rodney » June 2nd, 2009, 2:21 pm

I'm not such a fan of Pooh that I rush out when new movies are made, but these have been pretty decent. This is good news to me.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 2nd, 2009, 6:24 pm

I was really thrilled at this when the news came in this morning. If I hadn't been so busy I might have even written a proper story up on it.

Whatever else, I think we'll find this isn't a DTV level effort (as half-decent as those films could be) but that it's a proper Pooh movie. Lasseter has shown a distaste for the DTV level stuff, but that this will be a theatrical movie indicates that he is involved somewhere, and it could indeed be the kind of "proper" Many Adventures follow-up (I won't say "sequel") that hasn't quite yet come along.

Until we know for sure and know more, color me happy at this.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » June 2nd, 2009, 7:23 pm

I am going to call it now that it will be an official follow-up to 'Many Adventures'. Lasseter probably doesn't mind Heffalump or Tigger Movie as much as some of the DTVs, since Pooh sequels actually made sense considering the fact they were 'children's playthings' that could have endless adventures - yet, he probably doesn't want to associate or acknowledge the DTVs at all. That means no Lumpy for me :(, but a more proper continuation of Walt's Pooh.

And it seems to be canon:
Beginning with Winnie the Pooh, DCP and Walt Disney Animation Studios today announced a new theatrical film planned for spring 2011, making it Pooh’s first theatrical release in six years since Pooh’s Heffalump Movie in 2005.
That's the official word from DCP.

This marks only the third (maybe fourth) official sequel within the Disney Animated Classics Canon!:

Fantasia and Fantasia 2000
The Rescuers and The Rescuers Down Under
(Possibly) Saludos Amigos and The Three Caballeros

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » June 3rd, 2009, 2:41 am

Good news!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by OriginalGagBonkers » June 3rd, 2009, 6:41 am

Im not much of a fan of pooh, all i can say about this is what most animators say "Back to the drawing board!".

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » June 3rd, 2009, 10:48 am

I like "Many Adventures" and the "New Adventures" tv series but feel that all else has been lackluster. I'm going to take a wait-and-see approach to this one.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » June 4th, 2009, 5:27 pm

I wrote to Disney myself and got some absolutely BREAKING news for you about this project!

I know the director, producer, writers, and story artist.

Visit my animation news blog below, the breaking news is in red print!

http://alwaysanimated.blogspot.com/2009 ... r-too.html