Tron: Legacy / The Next Day

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
GeorgeC

Re: Tron 2 viral campaign (Pictures and videos)

Post by GeorgeC » March 1st, 2010, 1:07 pm

The Blu ray edition of the original Tron has pretty much been confirmed online.

The original director has leaked the fact that he'd been asked to oversee the restoration which included a lot of color correction and subtle visual tweaks. Good news -- it's the same film edit, no CGI added!

Other than that, it's been confirmed the new film isn't going "rotoscope crazy" and that the new cyber-suits worn by the actors have lights built into them that can be enhanced digitally.

There's also going to be a major push (FINALLY!) to incorporate Tron themes that may include a Tron-themed Monorail at the American parks at least...

Very, very good chance of an original film soundtrack re-release on CD in the future, too.

This won't all make the original film better -- it's still mediocre -- but the park interactivity and videogame scenarios are endless.

P.S. -- Speaking of videogames, leave your Fat/original design PS3's off for at least the next day. Do NOT try to connect to the PSN with them! There is a bug on PSN that affects functionality of pre-slim era PS3's. Games with online components and download games are all affected. Best to leave things alone until the bug fix is positive.

Repeat only the redesigned slim PS3s can connect to PSN safely now. All other models are affected.

<SIGH> First time in a while I booted up the PS2 was yesterday... At least that works! The PSN business is nonsense but I figured the PS3 was still okay and that it was not a hardware issue with the system.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 2nd, 2010, 1:58 pm

The soundtrack reissue is still out there George:
http://www.amazon.com/Tron-Wendy-Carlos ... 201&sr=8-2

An MP3 download version is available for a bit less too. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 5th, 2010, 7:07 am

The new Tron juggernaut keeps rolling: new CG series to debut next year...

http://www.joblo.com/tron-coming-to-dis ... -tv-series

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » March 5th, 2010, 1:59 pm

A TV show spinoff? Interesting.

Also I thought there was supposed to be a preview before the IMAX 3D version of Alice in Wonderland... alas there wasn't :(
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re:

Post by EricJ » March 5th, 2010, 9:01 pm

Foxtale wrote:Also I thought there was supposed to be a preview before the IMAX 3D version of Alice in Wonderland... alas there wasn't :(
There was before the regular 3D version.... :mrgreen:

(And looks pretty good, for those who couldn't get in on all that cool viral web-espionage to go see it:
This trailer plot-focuses more on the son-of-Flynn storyline at the beginning, and the mysterious clues that send him looking for Dad in a certain dust-covered arcade...Oh, and we see that Sonny also happens to be a cool motorcycle teen, so I think we know one plot point that's going to happen in the movie.)

GeorgeC

Re:

Post by GeorgeC » March 6th, 2010, 3:59 am

Ben wrote:The new Tron juggernaut keeps rolling: new CG series to debut next year...

http://www.joblo.com/tron-coming-to-dis ... -tv-series

Awful early for that, doncha think?

There's no guarantee the new Tron WILL be a hit!

Virtual reality is old hat now.

The story will have to be good this time... As much as I liked the visuals in the original Tron, I still spent a lot more time playing the videogames based off that movie than enjoying "endless loops" of the film.

Honest... I think I've made it through 1 full viewing of Tron in my lifetime.

That was when I saw it during the original theatrical release.

Besides, other than Clone Wars (Star Wars seems to be a hit with kids regardless of whether the movies are good or not), I can't think of a CG series that's been a terrific hit on TV, either.

Is Disney going to restrict Tron CG to their own cable channels, or will they show it on ABC?

I've never really understood their exclusive mentality btw. I think that's a big part of the reason people aren't familiar with classic Disney animated shorts. They just don't get shown anywhere on TV (at least in the US) now unless they're edited or snuck in within something new.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » March 11th, 2010, 6:18 pm

I didn't see it posted before (I could be mistaken) but I believe this was the trailer before Alice

http://www.toonzone.net/news/articles/3 ... cy-trailer
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » March 12th, 2010, 11:13 am

Awesome trailer. Of all the movies coming out this year (Clash of the Titans, Kick Ass, Iron Man 2, Tangled, etc) Tron is the one I'm looking forward to the most. And I love the idea of a TV series. I only hope that Disney is bold enough to pull a Clone Wars and make the series PG like the movies. If Cartoon Network can get away with it, I see no reason why Disney shouldn't be able to.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » March 12th, 2010, 1:13 pm

Also, if they want to do a "trilogy", there's a lot of plots to choose from:
Between twenty years of development-limbo scripts--most of them recycled off to spec "Tron 2.0" games--there's enough for a dozen films.
Some 90's scripts had Tron "reawakened" out of stasis to get his first taste of 90's-00's computer lore...Eg. getting through "firewalls" to solve a problem on the "World Wide Web", and you just picture how the script would have literalized them. :mrgreen:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 12th, 2010, 2:06 pm

I. AM. POOPING. MYSELF. IN. ANTICIPATION.

Seriously, that's way too much info for you I know, but I am literally giggling with awe at this. I'm loving the Dark Knight vibe, the taking of the Tron-ripping Matrix elements and serving them back in an ultra-modern but retro way. I'm going gaga over seeing Flynn's Arcade and Alan Bradley...this is going to be heaven for true believers...!! :) :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re:

Post by EricJ » March 12th, 2010, 2:20 pm

Remember when one used to be considered 80's "nerds" (not "geeks") for actually having seen Tron?
...Disney's intending this as Sweet Cultural Revenge, and you know it. :lol:

(Also, from the billboard and arcade game, note that the Tron game machine WE remember now fictionally became Flynn's biggest selling hit at Encom after becoming president of the company--
Which I think was the idea when the game first came out, but we didn't notice at the time...Still THAT'S what I'm talking about.)
Last edited by EricJ on March 12th, 2010, 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re:

Post by Foxtale » March 13th, 2010, 2:40 am

Ben wrote:I. AM. POOPING. MYSELF. IN. ANTICIPATION.
rofls

I was quite tickled by this comment. :D

I'm always so happy when I hear people get excited over something like this (a new film/trailer that is). :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 15th, 2010, 8:54 am

Eric: exactly on all counts! :)

Foxtale: I'm glad my happiness made you happy too!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Tron 2 viral campaign (Pictures and videos)

Post by Whippet Angel » March 15th, 2010, 9:03 pm

TMI Ben, TMI!!!

But I understand, as I am quite excited about this myself. :wink:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 16th, 2010, 10:43 am

Revenge of the nerds, eh? ;)