Live action secret of NIMH is coming

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Live action secret of NIMH is coming

Post by gaastra » July 28th, 2009, 5:21 pm

Another alvin like movie with live action and cgi animals joins alvin 2, smurfs, tom and jerry, hong kong phoey, mr peabody, and yogi bear.

Secret of NIMH.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con ... f17982cc1f

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 28th, 2009, 5:35 pm

Sounds like they're going to needlessly brighten this up. :(

Still, it may mean MGM finally get off their backsides and put out the HD master of the original film on Blu-ray.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by OriginalGagBonkers » July 28th, 2009, 10:27 pm

This completely states that Hollywood has lost their mind, they are going to ruin a good animated movie with this crappy "alvin" like remake. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » July 29th, 2009, 2:27 am

I'm quite afraid of what Paramount may end up doing. Although having someone like Burger on board to write the screenplay might ease things a little. I just don't know by how much. If he directs, then expect a serious film much like his past credits.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 29th, 2009, 6:17 am

Well, thinking about it some more, Paramount/Nick (who I am sure will be the division that ultimately makes this) did do a good job on the recent Charlotte's Web, which wasn't a laugh-out-loud conversion at all.

There is hope, people, even if it is inevitably softened even more than the Bluth original in the long run.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » July 29th, 2009, 10:23 am

Bluth's version was pretty dark for a cartoon and that's what made it unique. I hope the remake retains that element rather than dumbing it down for an audience of 5 year olds.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » July 29th, 2009, 2:47 pm

I can't wait!