Song of the South

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » March 2nd, 2005, 3:28 pm

I still think the mockup was done pretty good.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kinoo » March 2nd, 2005, 3:31 pm

take a look at this:

done by a french fan! Don't you wish the future release looks like this?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 2nd, 2005, 3:56 pm

You know, Roy's not going to sign those tins
That's right, he won't. :twisted:

He had nothing to do with that film anyway.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

Banned
Banned

Post by Special_Ed » March 2nd, 2005, 4:35 pm

"He had nothing to do with that film anyway."

so what?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

here we go...

Post by JustinWilliams » March 2nd, 2005, 5:13 pm

I don't recall saying Roy Disney would sign the tin or that he had anything to do with them. All I said is that I would like to see this. I would like to see it appear on DVD. Hypothetically? :roll: I'd also like to see Tarzan do the full monty but hey - that ain't gonna happen either....Though Disney sequels are funny things :wink: Maybe if Disney becomes desperate we'll see 'Song of the South 2 - Dreams Come True'...I'll stop now, there's too much mileage.... I liked the 'Song of the Spud' DVD cover or whatever it was....though looks too Easter Parade for my liking ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 3rd, 2005, 12:02 pm

so what?
Isn't that a little like an artist signing a picture he didn't draw??
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: here we go...

Post by Ben » March 3rd, 2005, 1:29 pm

JustinWilliams wrote:I'd also like to see Tarzan do the full monty but hey - that ain't gonna happen either....
I'm assuming that Justin is a boy's name here. And that makes your comment very disturbing! ;)

I like the French cover, but could do without the white "swirls" on either side.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » March 3rd, 2005, 4:49 pm

I was wondering about that full monty comment myself.

Banned
Banned

Post by Special_Ed » March 3rd, 2005, 9:47 pm

"Isn't that a little like an artist signing a picture he didn't draw??"

Like Disney puting their name on Nightmare Before Christmas and Pixar films? Or when Leonard Maltin signs them? Roy represents the only Disney at the company and was head of animation. Who else would sign it? In case you haven't heard, Walt's pushing up the snowcones in his cold slumber....even Walt slapped his name on stuff he didn't actually get all that involved with. Get real...

Banned
Banned

Post by Special_Ed » March 3rd, 2005, 9:49 pm

" I was wondering about that full monty comment myself."

I just assumed he was gay...but really Tarzan? Isn't there any other Disney hero more handsome than that? Ladies???

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » March 3rd, 2005, 9:52 pm

At least he didn't say it about Dopey.

Banned
Banned

Post by Special_Ed » March 3rd, 2005, 10:14 pm

LOL! Come on now, Dopy s a very sexy man! We're not even HALF the man Dopey is! lol

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 3rd, 2005, 10:55 pm

I just assumed he was gay...but really Tarzan? Isn't there any other Disney hero more handsome than that? Ladies???
Gaston is handsome even though he's evil. But he's definetely buff.

John Smith from Pocahontas. (And Thomas too)

Even though they're not Disney--Moses and Rameses from POE.

Proteus from Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas. Now HE'S cute.

Hades from Hercules. (Yeah, it's how I feel. So sue me.) :roll:

LOL! Come on now, Dopy s a very sexy man! We're not even HALF the man Dopey is! lol

I've taken a children's lit class, and when we studied fables and fairy tales the professor said that technically the Dwarves are not really "men," more like children. They don't have a sex drive, unlike Snow White, who is dreaming about marrying the Prince.
Also, the witch in the fairy tale sells her jewled combs with poisen at first, to appeal to her sexuality as a woman.

So that line in Shrek: "She lives with seven men, but she's not easy!" really isn't correct, since the Dwarves don't (and can't) really feel that way about SW. They just want to protect her.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

...I just meant....

Post by JustinWilliams » March 4th, 2005, 1:50 pm

I'm assuming that Justin is a boy's name here. And that makes your comment very disturbing!
Ben, what's disturbing to you about gay people? :? I just meant some bizarre ideas come from Disney sometimes and one wonders how they're passed as creditable (Cinderella II, Hunchback II, Pocahontas II).

I mean it's great that Disney's willing to experiment with ideas otherwise we wouldn't have seen things like Stitch, Atlantis, Groove, Teacher's Pet and even Fantasia 2000 - but I was obviously being sarcastic. Please people, don't be so literal...

After that story reported on this site about the eBay book being sold with the tar baby changed to a glue baby, I hope we don’t see censorship in a DVD release…. Maybe a choice of original and P.C. version on the DVD – like how Disney released Beauty and the Beast – with special edition (IMAX) and original theatrical release? Hmmmm…. :shock:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by askmike1 » March 4th, 2005, 7:51 pm

ShyViolet wrote: I've taken a children's lit class, and when we studied fables and fairy tales the professor said that technically the Dwarves are not really "men," more like children. They don't have a sex drive, unlike Snow White, who is dreaming about marrying the Prince.
I wouldn't say they are children. Do children have white beards and work in the mines? Also, I don't think children would have voices like that or would be able to build a pedestal/coffin for Snow White.

-Michael
-Michael
[url=http://www.mainstreetword.com]MSW[/url]