The Little Mermaid

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 8th, 2006, 10:58 am

Why would they complain about that? :?: :(

Is it because they upgrade the colors? But if they didn't do that, the colors would eventually fade!

They did it with Beauty, and no one cared. Weird... :wink: :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 8th, 2006, 5:09 pm

ShyViolet wrote:Why would they complain about that? :?: :(

Is it because they upgrade the colors? But if they didn't do that, the colors would eventually fade!
I know, that's what I asked when I read that line. Why would they complain? I can understand if they 'didn't' restore but to restore? It is weired indeed. And I personally feel they did an awesome job of restoring Little Mermaid, it looks so much better than my VHS copy :) Little Mermaid III looks interesting, and the song preview was very cute :D

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 8th, 2006, 7:22 pm

...but badly animated. :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 8th, 2006, 9:50 pm

Ben wrote:...but badly animated. :roll:
Your right Ben, I'm just hoping it was just that area/song. After what they did with Little Mermaid II, I assume they would want to redeam themselves. Even that movie had great animation, it was just everything else that was bad. Disney don't let us down again :(! And bring back our favorite villain Ursula :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 8th, 2006, 9:56 pm

This might sound dumb, :? :P , but I actually think Cinderella 3 looks quite interesting. A time warp kind of story?? Putting her back as a scullery maid, how very Back to the Future!!! :P Who said DTV features can't be cool? :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 9th, 2006, 12:31 am

ShyViolet wrote:This might sound dumb, :? :P , but I actually think Cinderella 3 looks quite interesting. A time warp kind of story?? Putting her back as a scullery maid, how very Back to the Future!!! :P Who said DTV features can't be cool? :wink:
Nope, it doesn't sound dumb at all :) Cinderella III looks beyond interesting. I'm surprised Disney was so creative that even myself didn't think of this plot. The preview on Little Mermaid was so breathtaking. I was saying to myself, 'omg she's getting her revenge, now I remember why I love her so much :D.

That seen where she was talking to Cinderella *priceless*

"whatever you think happened last night, was all a dream"

And than when she's saying her magic lines:

"Turn back time! Erase Cinderella's happily ever after"

Something like that :) this is all from memory and one viewing :D

I'm so anticipating this release, I feel like Cinderella II's coming out all over again. (BTW I love that sequel :wink:) at least I know the voices will be dead on, because its the same Vas from the previous movie. As you can see I'm very exited, and I'm stopping myself before I type out a book :wink:

And to answer, yes I do see a Back to The Future resemblance. And who says Disney sequels aren't cool? I love almost all of them but I do dislike a couple :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 9th, 2006, 1:21 am

Thanks for the nice words Daniel Jake. :wink: :) I've never seen Cindy 2 but I've actually always been a bit "curious" about it since it deals with one of her "ugly" stepsisters. (I mean who are we to say who's "ugly"?...just kidding, but ya know what I mean. :wink: )

Hey Daniel Jake, you should definetely watch the Making Of Mermaid on Disc 2. :wink:

BTW I like your Spirit/Rain avatar! :) Nice to see another Spirit fan. :) And I still love the songs in that film, especially "Here I am" and "I will Always Return."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 9th, 2006, 3:51 am

ShyViolet wrote:Thanks for the nice words Daniel Jake. :wink: :) I've never seen Cindy 2 but I've actually always been a bit "curious" about it since it deals with one of her "ugly" stepsisters. (I mean who are we to say who's "ugly"?...just kidding, but ya know what I mean. :wink: )
Your quate welcome :). And you haven't seen Cinderella II? Well whenever you get the chance you should :wink: It really is a decent follow up. The only thing I didn't like was they treated it like a book, its three stories pasted together.

The first one involves Cinderella and how she has to adjust to princess life (very good story) The second one is my least favorite sadly. It involves Jaq (the little mouse in red) and him feeling not needed, and ultimatly trying to be of help to Cinderelly :D The third one, ironically is the one you mentioned, Cinderella helps one of her 'evil' stepsisiters Anastasia.

Though its better without knowing, so no more spoilers from me :wink: it truelly makes the film better. And the music is great as well. I hope you get to see it before part III comes out :wink:
ShyViolet wrote: Hey Daniel Jake, you should definetely watch the Making Of Mermaid on Disc 2. :wink:
I should? Ok :D. I've been meaning to, but I've plum forgottan, I'll try to watch it this week though :wink:
ShyViolet wrote: BTW I like your Spirit/Rain avatar! :) Nice to see another Spirit fan. :) And I still love the songs in that film, especially "Here I am" and "I will Always Return."
Aww thanks :) I really like it as well. BTW I found it by accident :wink: And yes I'm a big Spirit fan. The soundtrack was beautiful, and it felt like an early Walt Disney film, which is odd because its a DW film :D

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 9th, 2006, 5:22 am

AAArrrgggghhhh!!! Vi, don't bother with Cinders II...it's the pits (no offence Daniel). That and Hunchback II have no redeaming qualities whatsoever.

I <I>am</I> quite intrigued by this new one though, but a shame it's going to be III...if they called it Cinderella: Stepmother's Revenge, it <I>could</I> then let us <I>forget</I> II and work as a direct sequel. Shame they have to put numbers on these things...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 9th, 2006, 2:29 pm

Ben wrote:AAArrrgggghhhh!!! Vi, don't bother with Cinders II...it's the pits (no offence Daniel). That and Hunchback II have no redeaming qualities whatsoever.
None taken :) But its not that bad Ben. The first and third story really felt like the original, and very heartwarming :wink: the third story at least has the stepmother, she was just great. And the character development they gave Anastasia was also a nice treat. Even Drazilla looked liked she had a change of heart.

But the stepmother is still wickedly cold.

Hunchback II, I agree, it was just poorly animated, and the villain stunk compared the original. And the off characters :::shrugs::::
Ben wrote: I <I>am</I> quite intrigued by this new one though, but a shame it's going to be III...if they called it Cinderella: Stepmother's Revenge, it <I>could</I> then let us <I>forget</I> II and work as a direct sequel. Shame they have to put numbers on these things...
Now that would've been a great title :D. I still like the real one to "a twist in time" :wink:. But everyone is really getting exited about this move, its not just us :). Though this should've been part 2 and 2 should've been part 3, but what can you do. They did the same thing with the Lion King, and it worked.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 9th, 2006, 4:46 pm

Aww thanks Smile I really like it as well. BTW I found it by accident Wink And yes I'm a big Spirit fan. The soundtrack was beautiful, and it felt like an early Walt Disney film, which is odd because its a DW film Very Happy
Yeah, I thought Spirit had a lot of Disney in it, particularly Bambi. :) (Like when he's born and just a baby, learning about the world. :wink:)
That's another reason I think DW would be perfect for the Disney name. :)

AAArrrgggghhhh!!! Vi, don't bother with Cinders II...it's the pits (no offence Daniel).

I'll have to think about it....but I'm definetely seeing Cinders III. :P

BTW speaking of prequels, I still think it would be awesome if there was a POE prequel (2d of course!!!!) of Moses growing up in the palace. You can have him maybe observing the Hebrews as a child and maybe accidentally seeing Miriam and Aaron without realizing how they are.

I'd also love to see a Sinbad DTV sequel!!! :) (the cyclops one was sorta O.K., but it was only about 10 minutes long. I'd love to see Sinbad and Marina have more adventures together! And maybe actually travel to like, the Middle East! :wink: )

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 9th, 2006, 6:51 pm

I would answer, well duh!! :wink: Of course it's because Eisner is gone.

http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... rey-k.html

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 9th, 2006, 7:45 pm

I would answer the same way SV. Its great he was able to be a part of the making of feature, what a great easter egg for those who know the drama. Now I'm definetly going to check out that making of feature :wink:

Could this be a sign of things to come? I really hope so :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 10th, 2006, 3:32 pm

Well, if DWs <I>does</I> go south, I think JK would rather end up under Bob Iger at Disney rather than have to end up running DWA under Paramount and essentially end up making Nickelodeon features.

He's making sure his bridge is at least completed on his side... :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 10th, 2006, 4:26 pm

You know, I've been thinking about the "Little Mermaid III" clip, and I've been wondering if its even finished.

This movie has no release date as far as I know, yet they show us this "Complete" film clip that has animation that just doesn't look right somehow.

I don't know. With animation in the DTVs actually being pretty good overall in the last few years, would they really take such a major step down with this?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."