The Guardians

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

The Guardians

Post by CGIFanatic » December 3rd, 2009, 1:55 pm

DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc. announced today that Leonardo DiCaprio will make his animated feature film debut when he headlines the cast of the studio's November 2, 2012 release, The Guardians (working title) as Jack Frost.

www.slashfilm.com/2009/12/03/leonardo-d ... guardians/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Rosengeist » December 4th, 2009, 6:00 pm

I have to say I'm surprised and pleased. I always wanted to hear Leonardo Dicaprio voice an animated character because I think he's a very dedicated actor and paring his voice with the right animated performance could be really moving.

Somehow, I never thought he'd be up for this though, his films tend to be quite serious. So glad he decided to venture into this performance medium though! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ELIOLI » December 4th, 2009, 9:20 pm

Not to mention..the design looked pretty awesome;)
http://www.elioliart.com/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » July 13th, 2010, 12:49 pm

just bumping the thread to its own place, now that we've actually gotten a look at the darn thing. (And the fuzzy-wuzzy 3-D conversion.)

And I'm sorry, but looking at the new stills of the artwork, is anyone else flashing back on:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGlRJU4pGbE :mrgreen:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: The Guardians

Post by Whippet Angel » July 13th, 2010, 4:51 pm

I've never seen that before, but it was awesomely creative! :D

As for The Guardians, uh.... The trailer makes it seem as if the film takes itself a bit too seriously. I mean I know the books have a bit of an "epic-ness" to them, but it looks as if they're going for a "Lord of the Rings with Owls" vibe here. :?

AV Team
AV Team

Re: The Guardians

Post by Dacey » July 13th, 2010, 6:12 pm

There seems to be a bit of confusion here.

"The Guardians" is an animated movie from DreamWorks set for release in 2012 that features Leonardo DiCaprio as the voice of Jack Frost, a member of an elite team of fantasy characters that includes Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny.

"Legend of the Guardians" is the whole "300, but with owls" thing that can't seem to decide if it wants to be awesome or adorable. I'm not sure if we have a topic anywhere here for it or not.

:)
Last edited by Dacey on July 13th, 2010, 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » July 13th, 2010, 9:26 pm

Ah....THAT one. Noted.

(Still, no sign of Leo's, so it had rather dropped out of mind.
I also have seen no Legend-related thread, so it was an understandable mistake...Edit as needed.)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » July 13th, 2010, 10:38 pm

Went ahead and started a thread here:

http://animatedviews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3737

:)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."