Disney's Frozen

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Re: Disney's Frozen

Post by Dan » April 16th, 2014, 9:48 pm

So the Frozen soundtrack has topped the Billboard album chart for a tenth week. It is the eleventh album to ever achieve this and has tied with The Lion King for animated film soundtrack to spend the most weeks at Number One. Furthermore, the album has sold 2.1 million copies in the US alone.

Disney has also released on iTunes Let It Go: The Complete Set, which is 50 international versions of "Let It Go" in full. These include the Dutch and German versions sung by Willemijn Verkaik, who played Elphaba in Wicked in three different languages (performed on Broadway last year, currently in London).

Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/let-i ... d853340442

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Scar » April 17th, 2014, 9:53 pm

I love the Frozen soundtrack and Let It Go but I feel like we're going to regret overplaying the soundtrack to death years from now.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » April 17th, 2014, 10:30 pm

Scar wrote:I love the Frozen soundtrack and Let It Go but I feel like we're going to regret overplaying the soundtrack to death years from now.
The fans aren't listening to the soundtrack song, they're listening to the Oprah Song that they somehow think is giving them secret messages to improve their lives. :roll:
It takes more than just fans to make a Cult.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » April 20th, 2014, 2:44 pm

Box Office Mojo projects that Frozen will end the weekend with a world-wide total of $1.129 billion. This will not only have the film surpass The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (which sits at $1.119 billion), but also Transformers: Dark of the Moon (which sits at $1.123 billion), placing the Disney animated feature at No. 6 all-time. At No. 5 is last year's highest grossing movie, Iron Man 3 (which sits at $1.215 billion).

On the domestic end, Frozen will end the weekend with a total of $399,873,000. Given that it only needs a little over $100,000 to hit the $400 million mark, it is expected to accomplish the feat later this week.

It should also be noted that Frozen grossed $729.3 million on foreign markets alone. This makes it the highest grossing animated feature under such conditions, surpassing Ice Age: Continental Drift, which had $715.9 million in 2012.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » April 20th, 2014, 7:45 pm

And yet, The Lego Movie is a much better film despite not making anywhere near as much. There's no accounting for taste, I guess.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » April 20th, 2014, 9:34 pm

eddievalient wrote:And yet, The Lego Movie is a much better film despite not making anywhere near as much. There's no accounting for taste, I guess.
And "Everything Is Awesome" is just as much of a "spiritual uplifting message" of a theme song. :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » April 20th, 2014, 9:51 pm

The difference is that Everything Is Awesome actually works very well as an uplifting message. Let It Go is about solving your problems by running away from them and implies that she's fully aware of what her powers are doing and doesn't care. How is that uplifting again?
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 20th, 2014, 10:43 pm

You guys are reading way too much into things by accusing others of reading way too much into things.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » April 21st, 2014, 10:05 am

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 21st, 2014, 12:53 pm

LOL. Okay. Guess that didn't make sense like I meant for it to. ;)

Hopefully my basic point got across, though.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » April 21st, 2014, 7:35 pm

Dacey wrote:LOL. Okay. Guess that didn't make sense like I meant for it to. ;)
Hopefully my basic point got across, though.
Well, I, er, think you were aiming for "Just because you didn't like the movie, don't go around accusing fans of being a 'deranged obsessed cult, tunnel-visioned by subjective personal issues'--We're just normal fans of Disney's fine animation, and you're perfectly entitled to your own opinion if you think the song shouldn't be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize..."

:?

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 22nd, 2014, 12:11 am

No, what I meant was, you claim that others are reading "too much" into the song...and yet that's exactly what you're doing. ;)

Or, as I meant to say in my original sentence, "you guys are reading way too much into things as you accuse others of reading way too much into things." And claiming that Frozen has a "deranged cult base" is really reading too much into things. :roll:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 22nd, 2014, 12:29 pm

And yet, The Lego Movie is a much better film despite not making anywhere near as much.
No...they're both really not that great.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » April 22nd, 2014, 2:01 pm

eddievalient wrote:The difference is that Everything Is Awesome actually works very well as an uplifting message. Let It Go is about solving your problems by running away from them and implies that she's fully aware of what her powers are doing and doesn't care. How is that uplifting again?
No, It's about refusing to compromise your personal integrity by holding yourself back in order to conform to other people's standards. It's about the intense liberation that Elsa feels after she's finally able to feel comfortable in her own skin, and not caring what others think about her powers.

It's not surprising that the song resonates so strongly with many of those in the lgbt community.
Last edited by Whippet Angel on April 22nd, 2014, 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » April 22nd, 2014, 2:16 pm

Whippet Angel wrote:No, It's about refusing to compromise your personal integrity by holding yourself back in order to conform to other people's standards.
Only if you completely ignore the song's context within the film, which is that she's solving her problems by running away from them and it's very strongly implied that she's fully aware of what her powers are doing and doesn't care. Calling the fans a "deranged cult" goes too far, I'll grant you, but they still sound incredibly stupid when arguing that it's this deep symbolic masterpiece when it's totally not. I should note that I don't hate the film, but I am getting extremely tired of it being hailed as one of Disney's best when it's not even in the top twenty in terms of writing quality. And this is coming from someone who is part of the lgbt community.
Last edited by eddievalient on April 22nd, 2014, 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.