Disney's Frozen

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Disney's Frozen

Post by Ben » November 11th, 2019, 5:42 am

It might just work, Bill... Repetition is one way to create a hook, and a hook is all it takes to reel us all in...! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 11th, 2019, 1:41 pm

Although it really feels like it, early word is that "Into the Unknown" is not THE song. By that I mean, there's a song not yet heard that will supposedly rival "Let it Go". There's also another song that is getting high praise. Don't give up hope on the songs yet, Bill! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 15th, 2019, 12:19 pm

Got my Olaf toy from Mickey D's. Thrill over! Now to wait and see if my theatre gets any cool goodies...

The soundtrack is now available to buy or stream here. Tempted to listen, but gotta save something!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » November 16th, 2019, 5:32 am

I was weak and downloaded the deluxe edition of the soundtrack because I want my Disney score as well. There is a good chance that my opinion will change when I see the visuals but the songs as a whole are disappointing and boring. I know Let It Go was the break out hit but honestly the catchiness and sing along ability of songs like Do You Want To Be A Snowman, Love Is An Open Door and For The First Time In Forever helped make the overall experience for the first movie fun. The new songs are so introspective and so serious, I feel it may be a chore to sit through the songs while watching the movie. Pretty sure the Oscar push will be for Into The Unknown because seriously those 3 repeated lines of the song titles are the only melody I can remember, don't ask me how the verses go though.
Another advantage to the deluxe edition are the Outtake songs, all but one (the Elsa/Anna duet) are performed by the original voices. And they are actually more enjoyable than the songs chosen for the movie. They are actually fun to listen to and more in style to the songs from the original Frozen.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 16th, 2019, 7:32 am

Is this available as a CD? At least in the UK I can only find the single disc "Songs" version, and even eBay isn’t being of much help!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 16th, 2019, 12:34 pm

Yes, however the only way is to import the deluxe boxset from Japan:

It includes the songs in both languages, instrumental/karaoke versions, score, cut songs and lithographs.

Pretty sweet. Shame we couldn't get the same treatment.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » November 16th, 2019, 2:35 pm

Maybe the 'rest of the world' is waiting until the movie is out before they release the deluxe edition physically. For some reason they didn't even have the deluxe edition available for pre-order on digital sites as it seemed they wanted to keep the score track titles are secret even though they have zero spoilers in their titles.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 21st, 2019, 3:33 pm

Frozen II hits theatres tomorrow! Seems like only yesterday the original came out. How time flies... Probably won't be seeing it for sometime. Busy and I want to wait for the hoopla to die down a smidge! I'm predicting a 120 million opening.

(Shame the hide feature still hasn't been fixed, so all spoilers will be in plain sight. :| Feels like a lost cause at this point...)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 21st, 2019, 3:50 pm

You can always put a spoiler alert in bold and then use the smallest reduced text to say what needs saying, like Vi has done and works quite well. :)

That said, I’ll be waiting for the disc to come along for Easter, unless I’m too tempted around Christmastime!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » November 21st, 2019, 11:56 pm

Oops! Never remember that needs fixing when I have the time.

Just saw the movie so review should be up this weekend.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 22nd, 2019, 2:27 pm

Which song would you say is your favorite?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » November 22nd, 2019, 4:07 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » November 22nd, 2019, 4:55 pm

Thanks for the review James. I still have another week before it opens here in Australia but I have a feeling your review will some up exactly what I will feel after viewing based solely on the trailers and the soundtrack. Sadly it seems the sequel was made solely for money from merchandise and not for the story. I'm still perplexed how anyone thought the songs chosen would be as memorable as the first one. As you said in your review, I doubt anyone will be singing these new songs out loud even if the songs are technically good.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » November 22nd, 2019, 7:01 pm

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 22nd, 2019, 8:41 pm

Of COURSE the primary goal was money! There’s never been any allusion to it being otherwise. Why do you think it’s taken six years for them to find a story? It’s not like they had a natural progression and a passion for a continuation they just HAD to tell onscreen!

BTW...Frozen III gets announced within the next two weeks. ;)