Disney's Frozen

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Re: Disney's Frozen

Post by Dacey » July 25th, 2014, 10:47 pm

First off, I have yet to see an Abrams movie that I didn't absolutely adore. :)

Second, I think we've somehow gone very off-topic here. ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » July 25th, 2014, 11:11 pm

Second, I think we've somehow gone very off-topic here. ;)
Well, not unless you tie it back into "Don't write any, quote, 'cancelled' 3D edition off forever..."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 27th, 2014, 9:41 pm

Um...Disney didn't cancel any Star Wars 3D conversion re-releases...LucasFilm did that all by themselves after Episode I didn't do any box office...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » July 28th, 2014, 6:00 pm

Ben wrote:Um...Disney didn't cancel any Star Wars 3D conversion re-releases...LucasFilm did that all by themselves after Episode I didn't do any box office...
Then, after Eps. 2 & 3 were back on Fox's radar, all of a sudden the Disney deal happened, and plans were suddenly thrown up in the air again....Crappy timing.
So now, we sit around and guess what Disney will do with them. (Think Fox owns the original films, but any new alteration belongs to the Lucasfilm owners.) And I've stated my own non-doom theories on that.

Buzz Bumble

Post by Buzz Bumble » July 28th, 2014, 9:34 pm

Lucasfilm completely owns the entire Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises. Fox only has distribution rights to both the Original and Prequel Trilogy, including the "Special Edition" versions. One of the disappointments with the new upcoming trilogy is that they won't open with the familiar Fox fanfare. :(

The TV series Once Upon A Time has added two more Frozen characters to their new season -
John Rhys-Davies as the voice of Pabbie the Troll King, and Tyler Jacob Moore as Prince Hans.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 2nd, 2014, 8:11 am

Fox owns Star Wars. LucasFilm owns Empire, Jedi and the Prequels.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » August 9th, 2014, 12:53 pm

And to somewhat bring things back to topic a bit, here's the first look at Elizabeth Lail as Anna (outside of those who got to attend the Once Upon a Time panel at Comic Con). The link includes a little more plot information about what to expect with the royal sisters from Arendelle.

Courtesy of E! Online

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » August 10th, 2014, 6:27 pm

I LOVE that! They both look so great here. This may end up sucking, but for now I'm getting excited...but not so excited about seeing them interact with the show's overly convoluted mythology.

I also love the excerpt from the book series that Josh posted on the front page. "Kids series" or not, I'll be getting my hands on those. :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » August 17th, 2014, 1:28 am

Let's see how long this stays up before Disney knocks it down, but for those who don't mind getting a bit spoiled, here's a one-minute clip of Elsa and Anna in Once Upon a Time that was shown at Comic Con.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » August 31st, 2014, 2:47 pm

So the El Capitan has been running the Frozen sing-along again and folks that attended the evening August 24 screening got a big surprise.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » September 12th, 2014, 2:54 pm

A Frozen ride is coming to Walt Disney World in Epcot's Norway! :D

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=122893

Now cue the haters to be all "But...but...the Maelstrom was my favorite attraction." :roll: :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » September 12th, 2014, 3:07 pm

Dacey wrote:A Frozen ride is coming to Walt Disney World in Epcot's Norway! :D

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=122893

Now cue the haters to be all "But...but...the Maelstrom was my favorite attraction." :roll: :wink:
It WAS. (And that's coming from someone who didn't mind El Rio becoming the Three Caballeros.)

Meanwhile, also cue the "Remember when MK thought they had a smash hit replacing Mickey Mouse Revue with Legend of the Lion King, because the movie was such an immortal hit?" jokes.
And the "Stitch's Great Escape" jokes about what happens when the park gives the Armchair Imagineer babies their bottle. Well, you said you wanted one...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by olaf4 » September 14th, 2014, 10:36 am

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » September 24th, 2014, 12:59 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » September 24th, 2014, 4:08 pm

(TOLD ya people were taking L*t *t G* a little too danged personally...) :roll: