Disney's Frozen

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Disney's Frozen

Post by Randall » January 14th, 2021, 12:24 am

I assumed there would be. We need to resolve the mystery of the parents. Plus, F2 was a huge hit.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Farerb » January 14th, 2021, 12:25 am

What mystery of the parents?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » January 14th, 2021, 1:26 am

What happened to them during their voyage, and whether they are still alive. The story begs to be told.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Farerb » January 14th, 2021, 1:29 am

I never thought about it as something more than they drowned and died, I don't really see anything more to it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » January 14th, 2021, 1:53 am

No, no, we need SUBPLOT CONSPIRACY, to make it COMPLEX! It'll flesh out the complete arc of the characters, over the Trilogy! It's not just some Disney cartoon for CHILDREN!!

(Er, oops, sorry, I just spoke Internet Fangirl, just now, for some reason. Must have been that chocolate cupcake I had for lunch.) :lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » January 14th, 2021, 7:49 am

AnnaElsaChocolate.jpg
AnnaElsaChocolate.jpg (31.54 KiB) Viewed 4287 times

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 14th, 2021, 9:38 am

I thought their ship went down and became a treasure trove for a little mermaid...? ;)

I think I did mention FIII was happening last year sometime, after speaking to someone involved with the larger franchise. Or maybe I didn’t, because I was being good and not disclosing info that wasn’t out there yet, but I do seem to remember typing about that, not that, as has been said, it’s any kind of surprise.

Maybe we'll get another "how the heck do we come up with this?" D+ show out of it too! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Farerb » January 14th, 2021, 9:46 am

I hope so as well because that was more interesting than the film itself.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 14th, 2021, 2:47 pm

I agree with that.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » January 14th, 2021, 5:13 pm

Since Studio-Boss Jennifer decided that Elsa had to be job-promoted from Queen to Nature Goddess in F2, I'm not sure where F3 is going to go:
Is Elsa going to evolve into a ball of pure mental energy at the end, and escape the bonds of Earth to become one with the cosmos?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 14th, 2021, 5:17 pm

That actually sounds pretty cool.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 14th, 2021, 5:54 pm

Elsa will probably meet someone and fall in love. That's probably too simple, though. Maybe a secret sibling...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 14th, 2021, 7:16 pm

So I take it Anna wasn’t revealed to be a creature of warmth, to counterbalance Elsa's icicles? I was sure all those autumnal Pocahontas leaves floating around were hinting at Anna's hidden Nature Girl abilities, but it turns out Elsa lays claim to that too?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Farerb » January 14th, 2021, 11:29 pm

For me in order for a third movie to succeed, they need to do these:

1. The second movie had a lot of "world building" but not really a story. What I'd like to see is all those things we learned in the second movie come into play, the world building and exposition is out of the way, now utilize it.

2. Now that Elsa is basically all powerful "fifth spirit" or whatever, she needs to come up against someone or something that is stronger than she is. Make the stakes high.

3. Showing us Anna's abilities to rule and remind us that she's actually supposed to be the protagonist of this franchise.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 15th, 2021, 1:25 pm

4. The return of Hans! That right there is untapped potential. Preferably a redemption arc. Maybe showing flashbacks that he really cared for Anna, until she left and the power went to his head. Showing that he regrets his decisions. Even if they went the lazy route and have him try to get revenge, commit to it. Show him go crazy! All that time alone would make anyone more bitter. Anything with Hans! That's what I was hoping for from the sequel, not some meh hokey story. That SNL parody was so on the money.