Disney's Frozen

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Disney's Frozen

Post by EricJ » February 11th, 2023, 2:10 pm

Given his snotty-vindictive "cameo" in FII, I'd say that's highly unlikely, at least as long as Jennifer Lee is keeping hold on the franchise.

But since the Brave-sequel story wanted to focus on the trouble being all the royal parents' "fault", we'll probably get more backstory on just WHAT nasty international intrigue led to A&E's parents' disappearance, as FI's fans turn the telescope even further on their own navels...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Farerb » February 11th, 2023, 2:29 pm

Do you think Anna and Kristoff will get married in this movie or will they already have a child or two?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » February 11th, 2023, 2:30 pm

Will they have a kid?...It's Disney sequels. You tell me. :P

(And if they are doing a "Sins of the parents" storyline, consider it a guarantee.)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 11th, 2023, 6:17 pm

Bill1978 wrote:
February 11th, 2023, 6:53 am
Honestly, if they do a true redemption arc for Hans, I will see it opening weekend.
But you won’t *know* unless you go see it opening weekend! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Farerb » June 16th, 2023, 2:42 pm

Jennifer Lee Not Returning to Direct ‘Frozen 3’
https://www.thewrap.com/frozen-3-jennif ... directing/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 16th, 2023, 6:23 pm

"Where we’re going with ‘Frozen’ did not come from me. It came from an incredible person."

Brad Bird!? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Farerb » June 16th, 2023, 11:01 pm

I wish. But Frozen doesn't seem to be his thing.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 17th, 2023, 3:45 am

It’s not like she isn’t running the studio or be involved with every little aspect of FIII, and will likely still get an exec producer credit. If she doesn’t like something, she’ll not only be able to say so, but will veto it too.

And an "incredible person" could be anyone, from her daughter or a studio janitor, to anyone working at the studio. I’ll bet it’s not anyone we’re actually "aware of" in a filmmaking sense.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Farerb » November 16th, 2023, 9:23 am

'Frozen 4' movie may be in the works, Disney CEO says
https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/cult ... -104939264

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Farerb » November 16th, 2023, 12:02 pm

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 16th, 2023, 12:46 pm

Frozen Thaw? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 16th, 2023, 2:24 pm

:lol:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 16th, 2023, 7:29 pm

:D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » November 16th, 2023, 7:34 pm

I felt they ran out of story to tell about 30 minutes into II, I'm not sure what I'm dreading the most - the lame thin plot of Thaw or the songs, because II's songs were very unforgettable. Maybe III will surprise me and give me hope for Thaw but I doubt it.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 17th, 2023, 4:44 am

Hey, I made Frozen Thaw a Thing! ;) :D

I do need to see II again, because I just remember it being a totally bizarre film without any true meaning. I don’t think we learnt anything new about any of the characters, and nothing, as far as I can recall, happened of consequence to the world these films are set in. I know we know it was a total cash-grab, but boy did it blatantly feel like it! The making of series on D+ only reiterated this to the nth degree, as we saw the filmmakers flailing around trying to come up with story and then make it work.

I’m hoping — or am I being overly optimistic? — that III does pull things back and provide some context for what has come, especially with II. We still need to know why the heck Elsa can do all the things she can do, all those powers, and why Anna supposedly doesn’t have any. Why and what are the stone troll thingies? And those things are just the tips of the literal iceberg!

Considering, for me, that the first Frozen's first 35 minutes rank among the best things Disney has ever done, the franchise has always felt a little weird to me. As a translation of The Snow Queen it took some pretty big swings way from the source, and the first film pretty much falls apart after the wowie zenith of Let It Go, because where do you go from that? So part two, three or Thaw is always going to have that same struggle, and that same blatant attempt to artificially create a new Let It Go moment.

It’ll be interesting to see what they come up with. Hopefully — optimistically — it will be good, or at least passable. If it can explain, and expand, on II then these two new ones, which clearly are being set up as a Potter/Twilight/Hunger Games/Mission: Impossible two-part cliffhanger finale, could even be great, but so far, for me, the odds are stacked against…