Disney's Frozen

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Disney's Frozen

Post by Ben » March 12th, 2015, 8:36 pm

No, obviously not in that case, but this does open things up for any old half-successful project going forward to be sequelized, as opposed to not generally happening. But with Toy Story 4, Ralph 2 and BH6 2 all on the cards now, it's finally the point where Disney is all about the money, money, money rather than artistic integrity.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 12th, 2015, 9:26 pm

While I'll make no secret about being excited, the AV Club's take on this did make me smile...
What hasn’t been announced yet are a title, release date, or plot, because it seriously doesn’t even matter. They could literally rename Elsa “Moolah” and have her standing in a snowbank, scanning the NASDAQ for 90 minutes. Your kid still wants to see Frozen 2 right now, and then they want to see it again, and then they want the soundtrack. This is why you shouldn’t let your kid read the trades.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » March 12th, 2015, 10:52 pm

I don't know if this will for sure open up any old half-successful title getting the sequel treatment, but it seemed a given that Frozen 2 was going to happen as we all made mention that this was going to be the case given how out-of-this-universe successful the first became and the cash-cow it has become. I want to believe that the current regime is being careful about when to pull the trigger for a sequel, having seen how it's bitten DreamWorks in the butt in the long run, as well as the previous regime's run of running a DTV sequel to every title they made. Ben is definitely on point, but I believe this is merely a case of Disney taking advantage of an unexpected opportunity.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 12th, 2015, 11:26 pm

Well, in Disney's defense here, if this were DreamWorks, they probably would've announced Frozen 10 by now. ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » March 13th, 2015, 5:05 am

Ben wrote:Give BH6 a chance for a sequel. Frozen has taken over a year to be confirmed and BH6 is still on international rollout so they'll be a while before they get disc sales it, etc, and confirm that.
But Frozen 2's announcement is pretty historic, opening the gates to a whole new truckload of Disney sequels. In going for, and undoubtedly making more money, the Studio has ironically just been cheapened just that little but more...
Given that we're STILL waiting for Ralph 2 (or TBAlice 2 and Enchanted 2, those are still coming, right? :lol: ), I'd say that Disney has a tendency to throw away old toys once they get shiny new ones, but since BH6 didn't quite eclipse Frozen yet, the Frozen sequel has the least chance of falling off their tables.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LotsoA113 » March 13th, 2015, 10:32 am

EricJ wrote:
Ben wrote:Give BH6 a chance for a sequel. Frozen has taken over a year to be confirmed and BH6 is still on international rollout so they'll be a while before they get disc sales it, etc, and confirm that.
But Frozen 2's announcement is pretty historic, opening the gates to a whole new truckload of Disney sequels. In going for, and undoubtedly making more money, the Studio has ironically just been cheapened just that little but more...
Given that we're STILL waiting for Ralph 2 (or TBAlice 2 and Enchanted 2, those are still coming, right? :lol: ), I'd say that Disney has a tendency to throw away old toys once they get shiny new ones, but since BH6 didn't quite eclipse Frozen yet, the Frozen sequel has the least chance of falling off their tables.
Actually, if TBAlice 2 stands for Tim Burtons Alice In Wonderland 2, then that movie wrapped up filming last fall. They're releasing it in May 2016.
I love all things cinema, from silent movies to world cinema to animated cinema to big blockbusters to documentaries and everything in between!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » March 22nd, 2015, 12:20 am

Saw this and thought it was too heartwarming not to share.

Link: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/a ... story.html

Make-A-Wish Foundation surprises a 3-year-old Kansas girl, who was diagnosed with a rare form of eye cancer, building her a "Frozen" throne and a trip to Disney World. (Best part of the story, though, being that the girl's cancer is in remission)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » August 4th, 2015, 9:11 pm

So many are saying that "The Snow and Ice Dance", one of the theme songs for the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics is a straight up blatant rip-off of "Let It Go".

Take a listen and judge for yourself.

Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/04/world ... .html?_r=0

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » August 4th, 2015, 11:10 pm

At first I was ready to call BS...until I actually heard it, and realized that it involves snow, and...

Then again, China does have that Autobots thing out right now, so....

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » August 4th, 2015, 11:37 pm

While I'm not sure I'd call it a "blatant rip-off", there are similarities. But after all, an anthem song is an anthem song. And one can't blame them for wanting to ask for something reminiscent of "Let It Go."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » August 5th, 2015, 2:24 am

Randall wrote:While I'm not sure I'd call it a "blatant rip-off", there are similarities.
What, China ripping off, plagiarizing, or otherwise filing the serial numbers off of Disney?...You take that back!! :lol:

(However, there's no truth the rumor they were also planning to send that fake theme-park Doraemon to the Tokyo '20 Olympics as well.)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 5th, 2015, 2:33 am

Oh, wow. There's *close* and there is CLOSE!

Structurally and in the use of the same chords this is a little too, um, "obviously inspired"...?

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » August 23rd, 2015, 3:58 pm

During the Frozen FANdemonium to cap off the D23 Expo in 2015, Kristen Bell sings the cut song "The Spare" with Robert Lopez on piano and Kristen Anderson-Lopez offering background information on its development.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 23rd, 2015, 7:21 pm

You know, if Elsa is back to being queen in the sequel, then maybe Anna could feel like the spare again, after so many years of being the royal face while her sister was locked in her room? They obviously don't need it, but maybe they just threw out a perfectly good song for a bit of dramatic tension in the second film...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » August 24th, 2015, 4:35 am

Just FYI, for those who are in the L.A. area -- or who may be, during the next few months:

Frozen (the "Sing-A-Long" version) is currently playing at the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood -- The movie is preceded with an onstage appearance by 'Elsa', then followed by a live 'Olaf' stage show, and the Frozen Fever short..!

Frozen will end its run at the El Cap on September 16th .. then, from September 17th through October 2nd, the theatre will screen Aladdin -- followed by a live 'Genie' stage show.

:arrow: From October 15th through 18th (four nights only!), the El Capitan will host The Black Cauldron..! :shock:

The theatre's annual engagement of The Nightmare Before Christmas (in 3D) will then begin, running from October 22nd through November 1st.

The Little Mermaid (in 2D) will grace the theatre's screen from November 2nd through the 22nd .. at which time, Pixar's The Good Dinosaur will open .. presumably running throughout the holiday season. :mrgreen: