SPIDEY 4 becomes AMAZING becomes Marvel's SPIDER-MAN

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Re: SPIDEY 4 becomes AMAZING SPIDER MAN

Post by Dacey » February 12th, 2015, 3:58 pm

True that.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » February 12th, 2015, 6:04 pm

Dacey wrote:The origins were completely different, though. In The Incredible Hulk, we saw Bruce Banner be a willing but unaware participant in the experiment. In Lee's film, it was because he "inherited it" from crazy Nick Nolte.
But by the time Marvel did Incredible, Banner didn't get his gamma from a bomb, his crazy dad or his dead wife (despite Norton's Bixby homage), and they had already included the current print-comic retcon about using gamma to search for the Captain America formula with a minimum of explanation, as if true believers already knew it.
I hadn't been reading the current comics and didn't know that, but the movie's context didn't trip me up a bit. It just let me proceed from what I already knew and say, "Ah, okay, they've changed THAT."

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » February 12th, 2015, 10:04 pm

Hugh Jackman just begging to be in on the Marvel Cinematic Universe. :mrgreen:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » March 2nd, 2015, 10:22 pm

The rumor is that Sony is tapping Drew Goddard to write and direct the next Spider-Man film, which could be titled Spectacular Spider-Man. Goddard had been the guy Sony picked to do the Sinister Six film before they threw in the towel and struck their deal with Marvel.

A protege of JJ Abrams, Goddard wrote and directed episodes of Lost and Alias as well as wrote Cloverfield and the film adaptation of World War Z. He's best known for writing and directing the hit horror film Cabin in the Woods. He was to serve as showrunner on Daredevil, having written the first couple of episodes and was executive producer, before Sony swayed him to do Sinister Six.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 3rd, 2015, 11:15 am

Interesting. And the rumor is that the movie would involve Tony Stark "recruiting him" into The Avengers, which would be a great way to give us something we haven't seen before in that regard.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » March 4th, 2015, 12:58 am

Dacey wrote:Interesting. And the rumor is that the movie would involve Tony Stark "recruiting him" into The Avengers, which would be a great way to give us something we haven't seen before in that regard.
Except for the Disney X-D series, of course. (And hopefully not as gratuitously goofy.)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 5th, 2015, 1:32 pm

Hey, that show's actually quite fun.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » March 6th, 2015, 9:42 am

Dacey wrote:Hey, that show's actually quite fun.
Eh, the attempt to be a hyperactive 12-yo. series has made it "Peter Parker's Day Off", which has unfortunately infected and corrupted the rest of Man of Action's scripts for Disney XD. (We had to lose Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes for Avengers: Assemble?? :( )

I keep hoping they'll spin off Disney XD series of Guardians/Galaxy or either version of Big Hero 6...and then I look at the shows they're doing now, and withdraw the question.
(And "Hulk & the Agents of SMASH"? Oh, dear gods, that's the edge of the freakin' cliff. :shock: )

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 6th, 2015, 6:12 pm

I'd be up for a BH6 series, though I hope, like I said in my review, that they go the route of a home video line that could replace the Planes films at DisneyToon.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LotsoA113 » April 22nd, 2015, 10:14 pm

Phil Lord and Chris Miller are directing an animated Spider-Man film (which takes place in a separate continuity from the Marvel Cinematic Universe) for July 20, 2018!!!!
I love all things cinema, from silent movies to world cinema to animated cinema to big blockbusters to documentaries and everything in between!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » April 22nd, 2015, 10:52 pm

I'm about all Spidey'd out already, but this sounds like excellent news. I hope this gets a decent budget.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » April 22nd, 2015, 11:37 pm

LotsoA113 wrote:Phil Lord and Chris Miller are directing an animated Spider-Man film (which takes place in a separate continuity from the Marvel Cinematic Universe) for July 20, 2018!!!!
Why do I have the feeling it'll be sort of like XD's aforementioned Ultimate Spiderman series, where Peter Parker can't go two minutes without making some random off-topic side-observation joke to the audience about nothing in particular, and then interrupting the action to illustrate it in a gag scene?

(Let's face it, the Ultimate series and Lord/Miller just sort of deserve each other, and you know I'm not saying that in the good way. :roll:
Sony, you're about to find out the hidden pitfalls of "But they did so well with Batman in the Lego Movie!")

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 23rd, 2015, 7:30 am

I don't think this is going to come off very well, personally. The movie itself might be "fun", but there isn't a need and it's again starting to feel like desperation at this point.

I mean, Sony's going to benefit from Spidey turning up in MCU films, they're going to have their own stand-alone Spidey series that also plugs into the MCU but that they basically own...and now they want what is basically a competing movie/series with the same character?

Apart from audience confusion, there's going to be audience apathy and a sense of overkill. And you know what? After all the griping and hopes it would happen, I think it's going to be the stand-alone films that Marvel have their hand in that ultimately fail...

This is just too much...too much.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 23rd, 2015, 10:29 am

This is exciting because of who's involved. Given how funny these guys made Batman, I'd love to see what they do with Spidey.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » April 23rd, 2015, 2:24 pm

And what they did to Green Lantern certainly wasn't worse than what Warner did to him. Comparatively speaking, of course. :x