Ghostbusters — OFFICIAL THREAD

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Ghostbusters III - OFFICIAL THREAD

Post by gaastra » July 27th, 2016, 3:48 pm

Have not seen it myself so can't give it a review but a lot of folks did like it. Others said it just "OK". That better then awful but I can't review it till I see it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » November 28th, 2016, 3:00 pm

Ivan says more movies in the works. One is the animated film based on the old films. I hated the trailers and backstage crap from the new movie but gave it a shot and it was not bad. I would be fine with a follow up.

http://www.slashfilm.com/future-ghostbusters-movies/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » November 9th, 2019, 5:59 pm

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 10th, 2019, 5:06 am

That Ivan interview is very old...many things have changed since then.

Yay that Murray is in, although that was reported a while back too somewhere. It brings hope that he feels it’s worthy enough to get involved, although just what is the status on this thing!? Some reports say it hasn’t shot yet, some say bits have been shooting, and I heard somewhere else that the film wrapped a couple of weeks ago! It’s obviously happening for real, but it’s weird how things are being/not being reported on.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 12th, 2019, 3:09 pm

This has to be fake, but how cool would it be:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 12th, 2019, 8:29 pm

It’s a very good one if so!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » November 12th, 2019, 11:42 pm

Might be for real. It looks good, and Hi-C has done promotions with Ghostbusters on the previous couple of films.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 13th, 2019, 4:11 am

Of course, Coke owned Columbia when the first one came out, too! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » December 9th, 2019, 9:50 am

Trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahZFCF--uRY

So peter opened a store up in that town. So he is not a ghost! Also the ghost they are shooting at the end is slimer who must have been at the farmhouse or in the trap!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » December 9th, 2019, 12:25 pm

gaastra wrote:
December 9th, 2019, 9:50 am
Trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahZFCF--uRY
So peter opened a store up in that town. So he is not a ghost! Also the ghost they are shooting at the end is slimer who must have been at the farmhouse or in the trap!
OGL :shock: - Why Jason Reitman, the director of "Juno" and "Up in the Air", is NOT his dad, the director of "Stripes" and "Meatballs". (There's a great documentary on the making of the '84 Ghostbusters, on Netflix's "The Movies That Made Us", and this movie was not made with the same seat-of-the-pants 80's-comedy ethic.)
The fact that it's the adult baby-boomer who knows an Egon Spengler ghost-trap on sight just sort of says it all.

Not saying it looks like more of a misfire than the Busterettes, but I thought the opening of the trailer was deliberately trying to set up some sort of general 10's-movie Transformers: Bumblebee parody, and then the goofy stuff would kick in...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » December 9th, 2019, 2:40 pm

I admit I haven't seen the most recent rebooted Ghostbusters, but at least this trailer makes it feel like it's connected more to the original movies than the trailer for that other Ghostbusters movie did. The trailer for the female Ghostbusters made the movie out to be some random ghost hunter movie featuring girls but with the Ghostbusters brand slapped onto it for marketing purpose. This trailer almost makes it feel like there is a reason why we need another ghostbuster movie.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 9th, 2019, 7:35 pm

The GB16 movie isn’t connected to the original universe. The weird thing is that, when the girls decried that the new film would ignore the events of their movie, they forgot that they themselves kept saying their film was a new origin story and not connected to the original films! Can’t have it both ways!!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » December 10th, 2019, 7:57 am

Oops that's not peter as the store owner but he is the one talking so we do hear him.

The girl ghostbusters movie is another universe as confirmed in the comics and even the lego dimensions game confirmed it with the two worlds meeting. The girls team are better in the comics also with them more fleshed out and less goofy as the movie! Idw did a better job with them then the studio! They did a story "crossing over" with the comic idw ghostbusters, movie ghostbusters, real ghostbusters, extreme ghostbusters, manga ghostbustes and others teaming up when their worlds merge. Movie slimer gets to meet cartoon slimer! (both end up helping!)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 10th, 2019, 1:11 pm

The Venkmen voiceover is dialogue from the 1984 original.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 11th, 2019, 2:57 pm

Looks fun. Faithful, yet doing its own thing. It did something the trailers for the last movie never did... give me goosebumps.