AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Ghostbusters III - OFFICIAL THREAD

Post by James » March 4th, 2016, 10:37 am

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 4th, 2016, 5:57 pm

James wrote:I don't think any beloved film franchise would just regurgitate an updated version of their original film knowing their fans are going to lap it up anyway! They know we want something new after all these years!
What, like Star Wars / The Force Awakens...? ;)

That recut trailer is excellent.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » March 11th, 2016, 10:35 am

The first international trailer with a few more scenes, including more of Hemsworth.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » March 11th, 2016, 7:21 pm

So Hemsworth's character is Australian?

This actually looks better than I thought it would look. Actually laughed a fair bit in the trailer. Probaby helps it has been years since I've watched the original.

I'm feeling a bit apprehensive though on what an updated Ghostbusters Theme song is going to sound like though.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » April 10th, 2016, 8:50 pm

Sony did some bad things!

Last edited by gaastra on April 12th, 2016, 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 12th, 2016, 4:43 am

Not only do these huge films have to be huge hits nowadays but the studios really are going to extremes to do everything possible to ensure they have the best shot. The problem remains, however, that you can't polish a turd.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LotsoA113 » July 18th, 2016, 8:50 pm

Yo, the new Ghostbusters was a ton of fun and one of the better blockbusters this summer (boy has it been a dire summer for big-budget fare, with only Ghostbusters and Captain America: Civil War rising above "meh"). The four leads had excellent chemistry, especially Kate McKinnon who was exceptional, the gags came at a steady pace and it wasn't afraid to (GASP) try out new character dynamics and plot points to differentiate it from the original. Aside from some wonky editing and one or two cameos that are pointless, it's an overall blast.
I love all things cinema, from silent movies to world cinema to animated cinema to big blockbusters to documentaries and everything in between!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Vernadyn » July 19th, 2016, 2:23 am

LotsoA113 wrote:Yo, the new Ghostbusters was a ton of fun and one of the better blockbusters this summer (boy has it been a dire summer for big-budget fare, with only Ghostbusters and Captain America: Civil War rising above "meh").
I haven't seen Ghostbusters (and I probably won't until it hits Netflix or something), but I was about to argue the point of Civil War (superb as it is) being the only big-budget film this year to be better than just OK. But then I realized that, unless one counts Zootopia and Deadpool as big-budget films, you're basically right.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » July 19th, 2016, 3:50 am

Vernadyn wrote:I haven't seen Ghostbusters (and I probably won't until it hits Netflix or something), but I was about to argue the point of Civil War (superb as it is) being the only big-budget film this year to be better than just OK. But then I realized that, unless one counts Zootopia and Deadpool as big-budget films, you're basically right.
Well, Jungle Book may have been a tad pricey...
Budget aside, apart from the fan-based ballot-stuffing of Deadpool, consider that the only profitable films this year have been from live-action Disney, WDFA, Pixar and Marvel, with the big front-runners for Nov./Dec. being Marvel and Lucasfilm.

That's because right now, Disney/Pixar/Marvel is the only studio not trying to imitate Disney/Marvel.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 19th, 2016, 10:05 am

EricJ wrote:That's because right now, Disney/Pixar/Marvel is the only studio not trying to imitate Disney/Marvel.
Y'know, every now and then you really can come up with something smart! Nice one. 8)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » July 19th, 2016, 10:38 am

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » July 19th, 2016, 1:26 pm

gaastra wrote:Sony planning ghostbusters 2.
And it'll be just as funny and successful as its namesake. :roll:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 19th, 2016, 5:02 pm

Actually, GB2 was extremely successful in its original run.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » July 27th, 2016, 10:55 am

Funny thing is most folks are saying the movie is not that bad. It's good! So sony did all this crap to themselves for nothing? They pulled a x-box one.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 27th, 2016, 3:23 pm

The new GB is s**t.

And I say this not as a hater or someone against a female remake, but as someone who half-smirked only three times and found the whole mess incoherent, devoid of any directorial touches, a total lack of chemistry (though Wigg wasn't bad) and a complete lack of laughs or, sometimes, scenes that had an actual end. There was no peril, no straight people to bounce off; everyone was weird or trying to be randomly humorous.

I wanted to like it, I tried to laugh. But it was just s**t in the end.