Alpha and Omega

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » July 17th, 2010, 11:42 am

After Hoodwinked I give films that look bad in commercials a tiny bit more leeway until I see them!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » July 17th, 2010, 12:43 pm

I refused to see Hoodwinked for the same reason I refused to see movies like Monster House, or Polar Express or Christmas Carol or Beowolf or Doogal. The animation looked like crap. The movie could have been hilarious/great in every other way, but if an ANIMATED movie can't have good ANIMATION, I won't give it a chance.

edit: This movie falls in the same category. Although this is more the designs of the wolves look horrible than the actual animation being bad.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Alpha and Omega

Post by nicholas_sin » July 17th, 2010, 2:10 pm

well..get used to it..if you guys think this movie is bad enough, there are more movies will be out soon. and its even a lot worst than this one. the thing is, they ( the studio ) are very happy with it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » July 17th, 2010, 4:22 pm

And they won't be produced by Richard Rich, a man whose entire CAREER--dating back twenty-five years--was based on Everybody Else's Low-Rent Cliche's.

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » September 17th, 2010, 4:44 pm

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 18th, 2010, 12:20 pm

While getting over an accident which saw me basically unable to walk for the past week, I finally watched both Space Chimps and Fly Me To The Moon a few days ago.

Space Chimps was just plain awful, as we know. Just bad, bad, bad. Mostly from the direction.

Fly Me To The Moon tried to be very sweet, and I didn't actually mind it too much, though it was too slight to earn a permanent place on the shelf, and the final Buzz Aldrin cameo was just too bizarre enough to leave a sour taste.

I have a feeling A&O is going to be in these exact same categories, hence why I won't see it until we either get a review screener in, or it turns up on TV... :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » September 18th, 2010, 12:53 pm

Out of curiosity, caught the trailer--
And the whole relocated-road-trip plot ("We're here to...repopulate??") suddenly made me realize, "Aha, NOW we know why Pixar canceled Newt."
Nobody would want to be guilt-by-association'ed with this either.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by starlioness » September 18th, 2010, 6:17 pm

American_dog_2008 wrote:Critics give from C to D! :mrgreen:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810012156/critic

*points to rating*.. that rating doesn't wan't to make me run right out and see it :|

actually Ben, I think Space Chimps is the better of the two movies (the other being Fly ) and it's still getting a sequel next month.. (funny how Valiant never got one since the studio also Happily N'ever after)... *shrugs*..

meh, I only saw Fly once on cable and fast forwarded through most of it.. just seemed like they re-used the model sheets from the ants of a Bug's life and gave them wings.. I bet anyone who is related to Amelia Earhart would be deeply embarrased after that one fly flew up Ear's nose.. but then I never expected the same gag.. re-done later In Princess and the Frog shrugs..

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » September 18th, 2010, 11:33 pm

Aren't the voices of the characters in "Fly" like really squeaky and annoying? Or am I thinking of another film?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 20th, 2010, 11:21 am

Must be another film. The version I saw, at least, had Christopher Lloyd, Tim Curry et al providing the vocals, none of which seemed sped up or Alvin-squeaky.

Fly was too slight: not nearly enough story to warrant sitting through it, even though it tries to be sweet.

Chimps was just noise, no plotting, recycling decade old gags, poor direction that didn't do anything artistic, etc, and boring jokes told by boring vocal artists who must have been chained up and whipped until they recited the lines. Yes, it was produced with a bit more budget and polish, but it's still budget and polish that couldn't clean up a real turd.

As for a sequel, this came and went for about a week in UK theaters over the summer. I had to rub my eyes when I saw a Space Chimps 2 billboard. It's coming as a direct to video, which N'Ever had too. I think they basically make those things with leftovers from the first films, with skeleton crews. The first Chimps had DTv animation, I dread to think what Chimps 2 is going to look like.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by starlioness » September 21st, 2010, 8:15 pm

I don't know about Squeaky Dacey, but more than enough to be annoying..

from what I saw in the trailer for Chimps 2 .. it looked better than the animation for the N'ever after sequel.. but It doesn't look like any of the original V.A's will be back .. maybe Luna though.. not sure about Titan..

though I did smirk about the Bill Gates joke from the first film though.. *shrugs*

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » September 22nd, 2010, 7:53 pm

Is it safe to say that this is just Balto with CG? I mean it OBVIOUSLY SIMILAR to Balto.

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » November 20th, 2010, 3:49 pm

Alpha & Omega is out on DVD in the start of next year.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 21st, 2010, 9:45 am

And in the bargain bins by spring! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ELIOLI » November 21st, 2010, 6:16 pm

:lol: This is the first time I will say this, but I might just rent it to see how it is. :P
http://www.elioliart.com/