X-Men Movies Thread

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: X-Men Movies Thread

Post by Bill1978 » May 16th, 2015, 6:05 pm

Is the Rogue cut going to be an entirely different movie to the original? I've been holding off buying the original cause of the rumoured 'extended' edition but ately I've been thinking maybe I should get the original as the Rogue cut kinda sounds like it may be an alternate take on the movie.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » May 17th, 2015, 2:58 am

Well, it'll be the same film, but with an extra 17 minutes added in. Plus, it sounds like the bonus material will be different than the first release.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 18th, 2015, 4:54 pm

Awesome, in-depth ranking of every X-film. Quite thought-provoking! :) (They actually didn't rank DOFP the highest.)

http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/x-men/24 ... men-movies
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 22nd, 2015, 9:14 pm

Apocalypse to have more biblical overtones than comic:

http://www.newsarama.com/24620-oscar-is ... lypse.html
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LastActionHero » June 2nd, 2015, 11:36 am

I just hated, HATED the Days of Future Past movie. It was really boring, slow and again, boring.
The main part is, it didn't give any justice to DOFP comic, which is considered one of the best issue of X-men.
Why, WHY was Kitty Pryde not in the movie?
A good CFO can develop actionable data to inform decision-making - Maureen O'Connell Scholastic

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LastActionHero » June 2nd, 2015, 11:39 am

ShyViolet wrote:Apocalypse to have more biblical overtones than comic:

http://www.newsarama.com/24620-oscar-is ... lypse.html
Nice article!
A good CFO can develop actionable data to inform decision-making - Maureen O'Connell Scholastic

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 2nd, 2015, 11:48 am

Glad you liked it! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 3rd, 2015, 7:49 pm

OMG!! There's a rumor that we'll actually be seeing a teaser trailer in front of the November film "Spectre". I know it's somewhat early to be discussing this and I was sure we'd have had to wait at least until Star Wars but here are some reasons why it may be coming earlier than that. :)

http://www.fashionnstyle.com/articles/6 ... e-date.htm

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 3rd, 2015, 8:11 pm

SPECTRE is an MGM/Sony film...Fox can ask and/or suggest that theaters play their X-teaser but it is up to the theater chains and, in some cases, individual owners/operators.

It's only when a specific studio controls both an upcoming film and the main feature that they can insist on running a trailer with a given film - indeed, if a theater wants to carry a Disney film and they have something to promote then that can be written into the contract that a specific trailer will play for the first week or two with that film, and in many cases the trailer will be actually attached (as in how Disney add their shorts to the front of some of their films) to the "print".

I'm just saying that Fox may want and hope for their trailer to be attached, and so will any other studio given the success SPECTRE is likely to be, but it'll be hit and miss as to which theaters play it with the film. Only an upcoming MGM or Sony film could have a specifically booked spot, although given Sony's deal with Marvel and the likelihood of Spidey turning up in Civil War, my money would be more on than film getting the biggest shot, since Sony could use their "automatic" slot to help a film that helps them back.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 17th, 2015, 7:15 am

Ian Mckellen definitely not returning for Apocalypse:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/x-men-apocalyp ... el-1506566

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 18th, 2015, 2:59 pm

Rogue cut trailer:

Doesn't show too much, but still cool! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 18th, 2015, 8:59 pm

The five stages of watching a Marvel movie:

OK...so I can relate to some of this! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 20th, 2015, 6:32 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » June 21st, 2015, 6:14 pm

ShyViolet wrote:The five stages of watching a Marvel movie:

OK...so I can relate to some of this! ;)
Of course, the stages were different when The Wolverine and Thor 2 came out:
- "Lord, I never want to see another superhero movie again after Man of Steel..."
- "Wolverine? Thor? Okay, Marvel knows HOW to make good comic-book stories, unlike some other studios we could name!"
- "Now, that was fun! Finally, someone came along to rescue the summer!"
- "I gotta take someone to see this! This is pure feel-good thrill-ride!"
- "Of course, they just picked some villain out of the air, and never really did anything to move the MCU along..."
- "Hey, wait, that's right! What the heck did we just waste the last two hours for? What a piece of crap!"

(Some may have noticed a similar sequence of stages coming out of Avengers 2. :lol: )

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 21st, 2015, 7:13 pm

The five stages in the video is basically me with every X-Men movie ever. Lol.
Not a real fan of those other Marvel films, but I'd imagine other fans have had similar experiences. :)

Btw, Marvel is apparently trying to almost completely bury the X-Men comics because only Fox has the right to make their movies, not Marvel/Disney. :?