X-Men Movies Thread

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: X-Men Movies Thread

Post by ShyViolet » October 16th, 2014, 12:27 pm

New title? (Plus casting has already begun.)

http://comicbook.com/2014/10/14/x-men-a ... en-akkaba/
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 16th, 2014, 5:46 pm

I can't see that happening at all, for all the reasons given in that article.

Of course, Apocalypse might not be the final title, but it won't be that alternative (which would shut out many casual fans) either.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » October 19th, 2014, 8:15 pm

Just finished sitting through XM:DoFP on Blu, and although they're rushing forward with "We put the scene in, so that means we DO it!", the idea of there being one more movie after this does seem sort of like Lucas continually promising there'd be one more Indiana Jones after Crystal Skull. ("No, it'll be even bigger this time, now that we've got the young new hero!")
This one did everything possible to try and bring the old and "new" casts together and bring everything full circle, wrap up the comparative film canons (which only span fourteen years instead of twenty) and draw attention to just how old the original cast is by now. Seriously, think Patrick Stewart literally didn't even move until the last scene.
But no, they keep promising there'll be one more, since it would be too much shame to realize that they probably couldn't. Like Skyfall, they just had to go and ruin a perfect ending by rebooting it.

(Oh, and do I get to be the comic geek who points out how Singer ended up confusing the character of Sunspot with Sunfire, or has some other obsessive X-fan dating back to the 80's already pointed that out?) ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 23rd, 2014, 12:26 pm

Apocalypse to feature another extended Quicksilver scene! :)

http://www.cinemablend.com/m/new/X-Men- ... 67848.html
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 23rd, 2014, 1:31 pm

Ha...love how the best scene in the movie is now being attributed to its 2nd Unit director! That Singer...whattaguy! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » October 23rd, 2014, 6:22 pm

I'll reserve judgment until AFTER we get Marvel's "official" comics-approved Quicksilver in A2:AoU.
I've said many things about Joss Whedon's hip goofiness, but to his credit, even he would have had enough integrity not to sink to that "Goofy comedy-relief slacker" scene...No, not even putting on the Jim Croce song.

(Now, James Gunn, OTOH... :roll:
In fact, think Singer put in that whole scene at the last minute just to try and grab a bit of Guardians' "new direction"?)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 24th, 2014, 10:34 am

No. And no.

Y'know, for someone with such "insider" opinion, you sometimes really have no idea how making movies actually works, do you son?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 28th, 2014, 7:23 pm

Honest Trailer:

Some dumb jokes at the end, but altogether pretty funny. :) And I still LOVE the movie. (surprise surprise! :P )

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 29th, 2014, 12:11 pm

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 29th, 2014, 7:47 pm

And everyone was complaining that Benedict Cumberpatch's casting as Doctor Strange was too obvious!

Seriously, that piece is full of holes (Hardy is not Doctor Strange, Jennifer Lawrence is *Jean Grey*!?) so I would wait until something more concrete is announced, since it's only a rumor.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 14th, 2014, 1:04 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 24th, 2014, 7:12 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 16th, 2015, 9:07 pm

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » January 16th, 2015, 10:29 pm

Can't say that would make me sad. Ian especially is looking old.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 17th, 2015, 6:12 am

Yeah...the last film reset everything nicely and it's time for the new cast to take over. If they hadn't put the Apocalypse tease at the end of that last film it would have actually been the perfect capper to that line of movies, and they they could have set off again with the new cast. It's cool that they've had those crossovers, though, as it's then less "reboot" and more just about the continuation, even though now they could just go on for years and years and years... ;)