AV Founder

Re: Beauty and the Beast Blu-ray

Post by Ben » November 22nd, 2016, 1:00 pm

So good he posted it twice! ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 22nd, 2016, 1:15 pm

I always like it when entertainment websites do this. Too often they have it archived and you have to pay to even view it.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 11th, 2019, 4:06 pm

The original is coming out on 4K next year. In the meantime, if one has access to Disney+ you can technically already see it. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 30th, 2020, 2:35 pm

Best Buy steelbook:

Shame the discs will cover up Belle and Beast. Aside from that, I like it. Feels elegant.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 30th, 2020, 8:05 pm

One thing that fails to get me excited about steelbooks is that their planning almost always fudges up the insides. Either the chosen image isn’t the best to have a "fold" in it, or it’s not framed off center or well enough (see Belle's arm getting cut off on the live-action's Inside), or they use an image that would be better flipped so they don’t get covered up by the discs. They’ve done it again here, while adding some hideous framing that sees the Beast's head being shaved off at the top. Also...is it me, or should the front and back of the outside be reversed...?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » January 31st, 2020, 8:48 am

Agree. Poor design here.

I collect Steelboks, but am choosy about which to go for. I often preorder from Zavvi, then end up cancelling once the artwork is revealed. I ended up doing that for every Star Wars Steelbook, and a number of Marvel ones. Some of the best are actually for the DC animated movies.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 31st, 2020, 12:12 pm

Don't collect steelbooks, but I do enjoy looking. Think I like the outer artwork here simply because it doesn't feature the same clip art of the characters rearranged or looking off-model. Probably would look better all colored in, though.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 7th, 2020, 11:43 am

A new attraction recently opened up at Walt Disney World's Epcot where one can watch a condensed version of the film with an added twist -- LeFou being the one who brings Belle and Beast together. The short features new narration by Angela Lansbury, new hand-drawn animation and it's directed by Don Hahn himself! You can watch the new scenes here:

So freakin' cool! What a fun idea. Totally reminiscent of Lion King 1½. All things considered, they did a brilliant job of seamlessly blending in with the original. Much like "Human Again". Seriously, I loved this. Such clever ways of inserting LeFou where he wasn't there before... or couldn't possibly be! Singing "Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo"! Gold. :D

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 7th, 2020, 8:27 pm

I’d heard about this! Pretty cool to be able to see the new scenes like that.:D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 21st, 2020, 2:30 pm

Review of the 4K.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 21st, 2020, 3:19 pm

Put your contrast up, your brightness down and amp your color saturation...and you too can have the magical look of HDR... :mrgreen: