The Muppets

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: The NEW Muppet Movie

Post by Daniel » September 14th, 2021, 2:11 pm

Teaser:

Terrifyingly brief! Like what I see, though.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 23rd, 2021, 12:26 pm

Trailer:

Johnny and Sal...! Looks fun.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 23rd, 2021, 12:42 pm

Pretty good Vincent Price voice! And liking the newer Muppets Studio logo (even if they should kind of promote the Muppet Theatre!). This looks fun, a comparative return to form?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 6th, 2021, 2:30 pm

Couple of clips: (not really spoilery)

"Dead Prawn walking" ha. Second clip is pretty uneventful.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 6th, 2021, 3:25 pm

Yeah, I’m gonna stay clear and just watch when it drops. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 8th, 2021, 4:52 pm

Overall I enjoyed it. Certainly lives up to its title! A lot of fun, tons of nods and homages to ride itself and Muppets in general. The cameos were great and didn't feel tacked on. Thought the songs were ok, not especially memorable, "Life Hereafter" was the highlight for me. Super catchy and it was nice to hear Kermit in a number with so much color and personality that wasn't "Rainbow Connection"...! Matt is still blah, but I liked the creepy slyness in his voice.

As far as complaints, Pepe kinda annoyed me early on until they gave him something to do. The "dun dun" joke, and well, the runtime. Feel if it was longer the emotional beats would've landed better. It was fun though, and real nice to see an old friend again however briefly. Can see this becoming an annual watch!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 2nd, 2021, 4:47 pm

Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem take on Electric Light Orchestra's "Mr. Blue Sky":

Loved this! Visuals are just as stunning as the music.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » November 2nd, 2021, 9:24 pm

I liked Muppet Haunted Mansion - which went down well with a family viewing on Sunday. Kermit was the weak link, as he sounds like he has a cold or something. But he wasn't in it much, and I always love me some Pepe, who along with Gonzo were in fine form. The songs were "good enough," I liked the fact that they snuck in a ballroom dance, and a lot of one-liners were pretty good. Not quite a classic, perhaps, but still pretty fine, and it shows the Muppets have still got it. If only Steve Whitmire would be hired back, but we know that ain't happening.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 3rd, 2021, 4:15 am

Daniel wrote:
November 2nd, 2021, 4:47 pm
Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem take on Electric Light Orchestra's "Mr. Blue Sky":
That was great! Really feels like we should get the red curtain drop at the end…this could have been a bit on the original Muppet Show. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 16th, 2021, 1:49 pm

A new live show, The Muppets Christmas Caroling Coach, is currently playing at Disneyland during their "Disney Merriest Nights" festivities. Here's a recording of it:

So cute and brilliant! Loved the chickens!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 17th, 2021, 4:56 am

I like how the Muppets are socially distanced.

Camilla and the chickens get me every single time. Still not able to a"accept" Vogel as Kermit, though he’s better when singing, but clearly Pepe had taken the place of Rizzo as Gonzo's sidekick now we are Whitemire-free. That was a real own-goal, losing him, for many various reasons.

Still, nice that these are real Muppeteers (even if that’s not really the actual cast under there!), rather than Animatronics.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by BobTeu » November 19th, 2021, 7:38 am

nice post from them :)

https://twitter.com/TheMuppets/status/1 ... gr%5Etweet

It's on the fav list of my childhood memories

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 19th, 2021, 6:17 pm

Bork bork bork! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 1st, 2021, 3:23 pm

Kermit made a surprise appearance at Destination D23:

Funny little exchange. Includes some outtakes and behind-the-scenes from "Muppets Haunted Mansion".

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 2nd, 2021, 4:47 am

Matt actually starts off really well for the first three minutes, but you can almost hear right around the four minute mark where a couple of asides fall flat and his voice just dips too deep and he sounds about as *least* as I think I’ve ever heard a Kermit impression before. He doesn’t really recover from that point on, as much as he is trying, but to be fair the mannerisms are getting better, even if he keeps relying on the "yaaay" type things, like the "roll film!", that Henson and Whitmire never really used to do much of, actually. He seems to have picked up on that as many people do when they want to do a Kermit impression, and this doesn’t help it feel that this is exactly what he’s doing…just a Kermit impression.

But great to hear Christmas Carol referred to in an anniversary sense, even if it makes NO SENSE that it is thirty years old next year (and The Muppets movie is ten!? Wha…!!??), which makes me think that, seeing as we are getting Roger Rabbit in 4K this Christmas, that we may get a nice — uncut! — treat around the same time next year! Really hoping!!