Inception

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Inception

Post by Aaron_03 » July 24th, 2010, 11:10 pm

I am stunned that there is no thread about this movie. I actually watched this in IMAX and I have to say it is one of greatest films of all-time. I know I have to let it settle, but Christopher Nolan is one hell of a director. The music, the complexed plot that somehow was easy to understand. I really don't know how he does it. IT couldn't have been a better ending. I think this movie belong in the tier of Momento and The Dark Knight.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Inception

Post by EricJ » July 24th, 2010, 11:47 pm

Aaron_03 wrote:I am stunned that there is no thread about this movie.
Well, probably because it's not animated, and doesn't use any particular offshoot of animation (such as mocap, puppets, stop-motion, etc.) as its main purpose of storytelling...
So, no real need occurred to the rest of us to post it on an animation board other than fan urges to post it on every board on the Internet just because it was LIKE, A WICKED KEWL MOVIE, AND THE DARK KNIGHT GUY DIRECTED IT, AND IT HAD A COOL TRAILER, AND IT'S SORTA LIKE THE MATRIX 'N STUFF! :P
(...Do I sound like I'm in the "Lord, deliver this movie from its fans" camp? Possibly. :roll: )

To keep it on animation topic, some of the anime-geek crossover fans have been wondering "Sayyy, the concept does look kinda like a heavily Americanized version of 'Paprika' on paper, don't it?"
Which I would have normally passed off as more attempt at fan-crossover discussion, except...well, call me paranoid (most here already do), but wasn't there an announced studio attempt to jump on an Americanized "Paprika" a while back, around the time all the clueless anime-illiterate critics were noticing it? Whatever happened to that, anyway?
Don't think it was one of the half-dozen attempts for Leo DiCaprio to live-action remake every pretentious anime-theatrical ever made, or, could just be Nolan throwing more obscure metaphysics around between superhero sequels--But gotta admit, it does start to look suspicious... :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LotsoA113 » July 25th, 2010, 8:46 am

And of course there's Eric J blasting people with other opinions :roll:
I love all things cinema, from silent movies to world cinema to animated cinema to big blockbusters to documentaries and everything in between!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 30th, 2010, 3:35 pm

EricJ wrote:...call me paranoid (most here already do)...
That's not the word I would call you, Eric. ;)

And including Inception here is by all means totally legit. I'd have probably remarked on it myself if I'd seen it yet (going Monday). Although animation is the prime focus here, I think we'd all be a bit dull if we didn't broaden our horizons and see what else was going out there, especially when it impacts so culturally as Inception has done.

You seriously are an amazingly bitter, and one-note, kinda guy. Eye-rolling most appropriate: :roll:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » July 30th, 2010, 6:58 pm

I saw this on IMAX while visiting San Antonio this week. Very interesting film--- I loved how you had to follow 4-5 levels of "reality" at once. (My wife was totally left behind, but she more likes her films fluffy and sweet. Part of the problem was also that the dialog was often hard to hear over the music and sound effects, at least in our showing of it. I'd likely resort to subtitles at home to catch everything if it's like that on the Blu-ray too.) I'm still not sure if the plot held together totally, and am still puzzled about a couple of things (mostly towards the end), but overall I appreciate (actually, love) how Nolan isn't worried about challenging his audience.

Best film ever? That would be a stretch for me, but it was very entertaining and stimulating.
Last edited by Randall on July 30th, 2010, 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » July 30th, 2010, 8:17 pm

Yeah, "Best film ever" is definitely a stretch. But it was quite engaging, and is definitely the type of film that deserves multiple viewings in order to get the most from it.

And I agree, kudos to Mr. Nolan for not being afraid to make his audience think. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » July 31st, 2010, 8:27 am

This movie ruled so hard. Especially THAT scene. Yeah, you know the one I'm talking about

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 1st, 2010, 7:18 am

I will by Monday night, Mac! :)