The Emperors New Groove

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 2nd, 2005, 4:24 pm

I'm just wondering, if they bring 2d animation back, maybe they'll actually release Dream On: Silly Dreamer on DVD through Disney! After all it is a "valentine" to the "good days" of Disney and I think a lot of the managment they indirectly blame is mostly gone now anyway.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Kronk

Post by Zach » September 2nd, 2005, 9:27 pm

I am going to get the New Groove Edition because I haven't got the original one (I have saw the movie a million times though). I think this is going to be better than Kronk's New Groove, it sounds boring to me, but you never know because I thought the plot for " Shrek 2 " was really bad. Never go by the plot, like Pixar's Cars, but see the movie (watch it first!).

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 3rd, 2005, 12:34 am

Is it me, or is the "new" cover art for the Tarzan disc just a paler representation of the "cartoony" art that they had in the first place??

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » September 3rd, 2005, 2:08 am

I thought the same thing when I first saw it. However, there are a few more lines (muscles? joints?) that seem to be drawn on Tarzan. Plus, he seems to be better placed on the tree.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wonderlicious » September 5th, 2005, 6:05 pm

I'm probably going to skip this edition and go and order the collector's edition online. To tell the truth, this is one of the most pointless rereleases that I've seen to come out of Disney since the days when video was big when they'd simply rerelease one of the non Vaulted classics like Dumbo or Alice in Wonderland with some cover alterations and different adverts at the start of the tape.
-Joe

[i]GIRL: Do you know the way to the Magic Kingdom?
PETER PAN: Sure I do...but can you [b]fly?[/b][/i]
-Scary Disney World TV ad circa '71

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Team
AV Team

Your thoughts on Kronk's New Groove

Post by Josh » December 13th, 2005, 4:08 am

What are your thoughts on Kronk's New Groove?

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » December 14th, 2005, 12:40 am

Well, I just watched Kronk's New Groove. Personally, I think it's good. Some critics of the film seem to remember The Emperor's New Groove as some sort of PG-13 romp that went against everything Disney. Hence, they have written that Kronk's New Groove lacks its predecessor's sense of humor and is almost solely for the kiddies. I disagree.

As far as I can see, Kronk's New Groove does contain its predecessor's sense of humor, presenting an array of humor both sly and energetic, with some jokes that only adults will likely get. True, Kronk's New Groove may be aiming more for kids. However, I don't think parents will mind watching it either.

Of course, Kronk's New Groove isn't without its faults. For instance, I found the multiple storylines the movie possesses to be a little tiring after a while.

Nonetheless, I recommend Kronk's New Groove, especially for fans of The Emperor's New Groove. It's a nice little film that has a load of humor and a heart as big as its star.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » December 19th, 2005, 2:40 am

I watched Kronk's new Groove tonight.

I was very disapointed.

As a stand alone movie, it barley makes it to mediocre.

As a sequel, it's downright terrible.

I'm sorry, but the comedy is just NOT THERE. There were A FEW small parts of the movie that actually made me laught out loud (The very end of Yzma's part, the ending is absolutely RIDICULOUS, and... the cooking part) In the first movie, even when it got REALLY emotional (like the part where Pacha is all sad and stuff because of Kuzco's vacation home announcment), kuzco STOPS it, and the comedy jolts right back up. That doesn't happen in this one. It had too many emotional stuff, and not enough FAST ZIP ZAM hilarious comedy.

And speaking of comedy, besides the fact that it was lacking, it seemed like MOST of the jokes were just taken from the first movie and it just didn't work. The biggest thing, is the shoulder angels. In the first movie, they were only used at the beginning and end. And they were SO. FUNNY. when they were on screen. In this one, they show up so often, and they aren't funny during any of it.

To top it all off, the animation was only actually good in a few parts The rest looked like television animation. It bothered me a lot. The original's animation was awesome, and was a lot like Cats Don't Dance (obviously). And the fact that KNG didn't look like that, and couldn't quite do it when it REALLY tried...

Also, Yzma's song in the movie... no point in it. at all. It was terrible, and didn't need to be in there one bit.

It was kind of amusing. At some points. But barley. It's not very funny at all. I wouldn't recomend this at all. Which disapoints me, because I LOVE LOVE LOVED the first movie (saw it when it came out theaters), and Patrick Warburton is awesome.

This doesn't even come close to anywhere near the greatness of the first one. I'd advice maybe only watching it one time just to check it out or something I guess, but to me, it was pretty sad. Just go watch Emporer's New Groove on DVD two times intead of watching this.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by animated_guy » June 14th, 2006, 12:57 am

Kronks new groove was an o-kay movie in my thoughts. a stronger story line would have made this movie better. i dont really recomend buying it. just sit tight and wait untill it airs on disney channel :) Of course this movie comes no where close that of the emperors new groove for that movie was pure genious.
~a-G :wink:
[img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e167/gerardo7412/800px-Ratatouille_Trailer.jpg[/img]