Me And My Shadow

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Me And My Shadow

Post by EricJ » November 20th, 2015, 11:09 am

Think it sounds like DWA buying Anyone Else's Hit That Wasn't Nailed Down, or Kicked Out the Genius Responsible, after our surprise mania over Ant-Man, and thinking that Edgar Wright can fix anything.
Apart from Tintin, which seemed like more of his own tribute to the source material, Wright's not exactly the animated type--And if he's "playing" with his enthusiasm over the project now, it's also likely to be dumped over the minute he finds one of his own Britcom projects to be excited about, and like the Marvel movie, decides that Frost & Pegg need him more.

This is one of the problem with Katzenberg buying names instead of talent.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 20th, 2015, 11:34 am

:? :roll:
And if he's "playing" with his enthusiasm over the project now, it's also likely to be dumped over the minute he finds one of his own Britcom projects to be excited about, and like the Marvel movie, decides that Frost & Pegg need him more.
That didn't happen.

:? :roll:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » July 6th, 2021, 2:37 am

And here we have footage! Animation tests, potential title cards, and what appears to be some complete (or nearly complete) animation. And it looks like they had already done a lot of hand-drawn animation for this...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xu5lac ... tY3MH/view

Best DreamWorks movie never made? Maybe.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 6th, 2021, 2:59 am

My thoughts:

—Extremely imaginative
—Adorable cat :)
—the combo of CGI and traditional is fascinating…but for some reason just doesn’t work for me. They kind of cancel each out, making it so we can’t appreciate either one.
—the shadow personality has stupefyingly great animation, but other than that borders on annoying. (Well, he does kind of remind me of Morph from X-Men, so I guess that’s a plus.)
—Intriguing concept I fervently wish we had seen much more of. :(
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 6th, 2021, 7:14 am

Oh, wow!

Obviously the story could have been all over the place, but this *looks* awesome!

Love the logo concept, and when Shadow lifts up the book. Clever!

This needs to explode on the internet, get a lot of attention, and have someone at Universal say "why aren’t we finishing this off?" :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 6th, 2021, 3:58 pm

Loving Bill Hader! His character reminds me a little of Freakazoid. Lots of potential.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 7th, 2021, 1:25 am

Yes Freakazoid too! :). That was sort of in the back of my mind. LOL.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!