Alvin and the Chipmunks (Fox)

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 12th, 2007, 2:15 am

They do... :?

On the ears, eww I didn't even notice! There suppose to align with there eyes, not be on top of their heads like that. Ah well, its a minor nitpick.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » September 12th, 2007, 2:41 pm

yeah, they've always been drawn to resemble 'little children' rather than 'chipmunks', per se. But once the 'live-action' threshhold is crossed, they'd probably seem like 'mutant freaks' if the original design(s) were followed.

I wonder whether they will be 'chipmunk'-sized, or about three feet tall, like they are in the cartoons .. kinda hard to tell, from the trailer.

I just hope they don't have some sort of lame mad-science-gone-wrong 'origin' story .. :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » September 13th, 2007, 10:48 am

droosan wrote:I just hope they don't have some sort of lame mad-science-gone-wrong 'origin' story .. :roll:
Same here. I loved the trailer and can't wait to see the movie, but I'll say that I really hope they stick to the established origin story (in which Dave finds them on his doorstep one day when they're babies). Has the movie been rated yet? Going by the trailer, it seems that the director is going all out and not doing dumbed down humor that only a youngster would appreciate (although whether he goes beyond gross-out humor remains to be seen). Personally, if I were directing it, I would probably aim it more at the grown up fans who remember the show more than today's kids, who likely have no idea who the chipmunks are. We'll just have to wait and see if that's the approach they took.

Nice avatar, by the way. I always liked Captain Gloval.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 26th, 2007, 2:06 pm

Same here. I loved the trailer and can't wait to see the movie, but I'll say that I really hope they stick to the established origin story (in which Dave finds them on his doorstep one day when they're babies).
Wasn't there a "Very Special Episode" where they find their real mom or something? ("A Chipmunk Reunion") Really sweet and even made me tear up! :cry: I wonder if they would include her in the film? (My guess is not, but ya never know. :wink:)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 27th, 2007, 1:28 am

Oh yeah, I remember that special. It really was sweet! Didn't it show Simon getting his glasses or something?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 27th, 2007, 1:33 am

Yeah, I think you're right Dan! :) It had a flashback to when they were all babies. :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 27th, 2007, 1:45 am

Cool, thanks.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » September 27th, 2007, 9:31 pm

So you guys are talking about the chipmunk TV show from the 80s?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 27th, 2007, 11:15 pm

Yup. :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » September 28th, 2007, 9:23 pm

Ah. Never really watched that show.

But I did see this YouTube vid, which I found pretty funny for some reason:

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 29th, 2007, 4:52 pm

Here's the new teaser poster that's on the front page. "the original entourage"? Wha... :?

This has got be the worst poster we've seen so far.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 29th, 2007, 5:31 pm

Whoa. :shock: That's actually an insult to both Entourage AND The Chipmunks. :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 29th, 2007, 6:40 pm

Its funny, because its true! :lol:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » September 29th, 2007, 8:58 pm

UGH! The more that I see those guys, the more that I HATE them!!!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » September 29th, 2007, 9:43 pm

Daniel wrote:Here's the new teaser poster that's on the front page. "the original entourage"? Wha... :?
Well, c'mon, it's a hip spoofing tie-in for all those 8-yo. kiddy fans of HBO's...hit...series......

(...Aw, who're we kidding, the producers are so out of touch with what they're trying to sell, it's not even funny.) :(