Alvin and the Chipmunks (Fox)

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » July 4th, 2007, 11:08 pm

Somehow using the words "Chipmunks" and "Gangsters" in the same sentence if enough to make me laugh. ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 4th, 2007, 11:34 pm

Weirdo.

;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » July 5th, 2007, 6:05 pm

Grr....... This does not make me happy.......
I shudder to think of what will become of my beloved chipmunks.. :cry:

Hehe...They were my second early childhood obsession (shortly after the Muppets)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 5th, 2007, 7:29 pm

This is being made by the team that did the "live-action" Garfields, right?

That's about all ye need to know! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 5th, 2007, 8:17 pm

It has Tim Hill, the director of Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties, so yes. :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » July 6th, 2007, 1:45 am

Tim Hill.....ugh :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » July 6th, 2007, 2:58 am

Gosh, so much hate .. :shock:

I'm kind of relieved I turned down the opportunity to work on it, now. Instead, I'm working on a different 'piece of junk' movie. :P :lol:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 6th, 2007, 6:32 am

Does it start with a U? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » July 6th, 2007, 11:18 am

I agree with everyone else...It looks awful!

Hollywood needs to stop ruining my childhood. :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 6th, 2007, 7:29 pm

Yes, they do.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 7th, 2007, 7:49 am

Does it start with a U? Wink
If it is Underdog, I thought the story looked a bit silly but the animation was cute. :P

:wink:

I agree with everyone else...It looks awful!

Hollywood needs to stop ruining my childhood. Sad

I'll say this much, when I saw those Gangsta Chipmunk reincarnations of my hazy memories of Alvin, Simon and Theodore on the front page, I wanted simply to write, "This is the worst thing that I have ever seen," but everyone else has pretty much already said that. :roll: :? :P

:wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 8th, 2007, 9:13 am

Got to admit that I've never been a Chipmunk fan, and never saw what any of the fuss was about.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 8th, 2007, 9:32 pm

Got to admit that I've never been a Chipmunk fan, and never saw what any of the fuss was about.
It was never a "great" show, very dated if you look at it now. (If you watch it now SO many 80's references...Mr. T and then the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous ep, for one. :P) Plus all those 80's pop songs converted to chipmunk voice...:roll:

It was just cute, and something to watch. The best eps were the later ones (IMHO) where their look was changed to be more "pleasing" and rounder, cleaner lines. Dave was also re-designed to look more realistic--I think.
There were also many more messages in the later ones, which I actually liked. :) There was even an ep where they went back in time and got switched with their 50's selves (graphic style and all!!) "Back to Our Future."
JUST SO WEIRD. :shock: Has to be seen to be believed.

So, while it was never a GREAT show, many remember it fondly, (sort of like Garfield.) That's why it's painful to see it mangled and then made CGI.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » July 8th, 2007, 10:31 pm

Actually, ShyViolet, you're talking about the 'remake' series .. several older fans of the original 1960's The Alvin Show felt the same way about the 1980's The Chipmunks as childhood fans of that show apparently do about this new film. :wink:

Myself, I liked both shows .. and I still have all the vinyl LP's I had when I was a kid. I even, as stated earlier in the thread, had toyed with my own concept for a 'live-action' adaptation .. which, as I said, would have been more of a 'nod' to the 1960's show than the 1980's version.

--------------------

There's a talented group of artists working on this film at Rhythm & Hues. They have no control over the script, or the music, or the photography .. but if nothing else, their Chipmunk characters should be fun to watch. IMO, the same can be said for their work on both the Garfield and Scooby Doo films.

--------------------

And no, I'm not working on Underdog, ATM. I'm on a low-budget, live-action DTV project; most likely nothing anyone here will ever see. :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 8th, 2007, 10:36 pm

Not even me?

Regarding the 'shows', like droo, I liked both.