Disney Pixar's Cars

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 28th, 2006, 9:24 pm

Thanks, that's really nice of you to say. :) :oops:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 28th, 2006, 9:24 pm

ShyViolet wrote:(BTW I'm just using this as context, I don't hate Bush or anything. :wink: I voted for him both times.)
And you feel safe saying that out loud??

Okay...let's not go there, people! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 28th, 2006, 9:25 pm

I like your sig, PV.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 28th, 2006, 9:29 pm

Okay...let's not go there, people!
Uh, yeah sorry...hope I didn't offend anyone. Well, anyway, like Ben said let's not get into politics! :P
Last edited by ShyViolet on April 28th, 2006, 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 28th, 2006, 9:30 pm

Hey, we should meet up in the chat room. Like, RIGHT NOW!! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » April 28th, 2006, 9:33 pm

Ben wrote:
ShyViolet wrote:(BTW I'm just using this as context, I don't hate Bush or anything. :wink: I voted for him both times.)

Okay...let's not go there, people! :)
But you just did =P

Don't worry SV - I got your back here. ;)
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 28th, 2006, 9:35 pm

come join us in the chat room brand! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » April 28th, 2006, 9:38 pm

Meg wrote:I like your sig, PV.
Thanks, Meg! It's from the cover of The Art of Cars.
ShyViolet wrote:O.K....no gripe meant here... :wink: I know you're a big Pixar fan (as your name obviously suggests) But....have you seen EVERY DW film? Spirit, Prince of Egypt, and Sinbad have 0% to do with pop culture or toilet humor.
Heh. I forgot those movies, which I HAVE seen. I was just comparing their 3D films. You've made a good point, though.

But it's ok. I have nothing against DW or anything. I like their movies too. Everyone's entitled to their opinions, and I totally respect what you said. ;)

~~=oP

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 28th, 2006, 9:43 pm

yo, vixen. come to the chat room NOW! :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 29th, 2006, 5:31 pm

Meg wrote:Actually, I think "Route 66" was a better title. But that's just me, so...
Agreed.

I heard something about them changing the title because it was the same as that of an old TV show.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 29th, 2006, 8:21 pm

Well, now it's the name of a DW movie about a giant golfball that falls in love with a giant blueberry. Yesh.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 30th, 2006, 11:40 am

Funny thing...the name change.

There have been other films with "Toy", "Monsters" and "Nemo" in them as well (one little girl I knew thought "Finding Nemo" was about the Captain from "20,000 Leagues").

Wonder if anyone will get "Cars" confused with "Cars That Ate Paris", a barmy 1974 flick.

Honestly, with all the title recycling that goes on, "Route 66" was a much better title, but probably a clever move in the long run.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Music

Post by SPACEHERO55 » April 30th, 2006, 4:25 pm

You know the recent news about the soundtrack for Cars has me a little. Im not a big fan of the use of contemperary songs in animated films. This is one of the reasons why I'm not a big fan of any of Dreamwork's CGI Films. They all have an abundant use of songs to the point where I think it's almost an insult to the composers attached to these films. I mean their scores are not allowed to thrive, they are not able to develop themeatic music cause the movie is dominated by pop songs. I can already predict that Over The Hedge is gonna be like this.

Now other studios are beginning to adopt this use of contemperary songs in animated films. In Chicken Little John Debney's brilliant musical score was over shadowed by songs. It had way too many songs and The Wild also. Im not liking this trend much and from the sound of it John Lassater is giving in with Cars to the point where it's gonna be dominated by contempeary country songs. I mean Pixar has always been the saving grace in ths music department when it comes to cgi films. All of their movies have had prominent musical score and the songs that they did have were always by the composer himself like Randy Newman.

I just hope that Cars is not dominated by songs and it gives Randy Newman a chance to write a decent musical score with plenty of time to develop strong themes.

Ronald C
Im a Superhero, what could happen?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » April 30th, 2006, 5:02 pm

Sadly, the days of animated films having their own songs, and good ones too, have long since past.

Hercules is a great example. It had such an amazing score. Every song was something I had never heard before. They were all fun, catchy, and totally clever. Whenever I watch something like Chicken Little, I'll hear an old pop song and for a few seconds I think, "Haha. Oh dear. They used this song." But then after that, I immediately think, "I miss those movies from years ago that had those great songs".

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 30th, 2006, 6:52 pm

Meg wrote:Well, now it's the name of a DW movie about a giant golfball that falls in love with a giant blueberry. Yesh.
Ha, ha. You're kidding, right?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."