Disney Pixar's Cars

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » August 7th, 2006, 6:26 pm

It'd be interesting to see Mike's New Car, with Mike and Sully...
...in their Cars car form.
Last edited by Josh on August 7th, 2006, 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 7th, 2006, 6:27 pm

Wow...my brain is scrambled from just pondering that. :wink:

As Homer would say: "Cosmic!" :wink: :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bawpcwpn » August 8th, 2006, 1:28 am

Well it would be possible if...
if mikes car was a trailer type thing
"But I'm your No. 1 Fan!"
- Buddy a.k.a Syndrome

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 8th, 2006, 2:21 am

Oh right, you mean like Mack? :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » August 8th, 2006, 6:30 am

You've got to be kidding me.

A one-disc crap release?! With just about nothing on it? And they expect to sell this thing for $30.00?

Congratulations, Disney... you just lost the money I probably would have spent to get a proper Pixar 2-disc release, with all the fixin's. And even though I'm a poor college student, I would have, too... I enjoyed Cars almost as much as The Incredibles.

I was thinking that about the cover, too... Not only are Lightning's pupils a tad too small, they're placed awkwardly. And he gets a second appearance on the cover as a butt shot? Yay... this can go with the Lion King VHS cover as one of the more botched efforts I've seen.
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/ninja_otter/SKsignature.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » August 8th, 2006, 8:21 am

Man, I'll probably just rent it on pay-per-view and wait until another edition comes out. :roll:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 8th, 2006, 8:59 am

I wonder if this isn't a ploy to make up some numbers before issuing a standard 2-disc SE.

After all, and let's face it, Cars has performed very well in a crowded summer, but not spectacularly well (considering the marketing spend that Disney also has to account for).

So maybe this edition is to catch the people who didn't bother seeing it in the theaters (like me) and those who can't wait or only have a passing interest.

Whatever, Cars is certain to come out as a much more packed edition at some point. I shan't be "motoring" down to the store to pick this one up.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » August 8th, 2006, 9:25 am

With the lack of interesting features, this might as well be a VHS...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 8th, 2006, 9:42 am

I may rent it to see it, or wait for PPV. But I'm not buying this issue.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » August 8th, 2006, 10:11 am

Personally, I think all of you guys need to suck it up and buy what they've seen fit to give us, even if it is a bit underwhelming. If Lilo and Stitch is any indication, we may be waiting a looooooooong time before we get anything better (how long ago did they announce the L&S 2-disc?). On top of that, if noone buys this edition, rather than get the hint that we want a more quality product they may take it to mean that the film is a failure and never do a 2-disc. So in conclusion, even if you hate them for doing this, if you enjoyed the film or if you have any interest in seeing it, you must bite the bullet and buy this. Oh well.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 8th, 2006, 1:14 pm

No-one has to buy anything.

And if, by the time this comes out on BRD and I still don't have it, I'll either get it then or might possibly be all Blue'd up anyway.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 9th, 2006, 12:49 pm

Fans rejoice! It seems Pixar fan Kevin Song is doing the do and has set up a petition to try and get Disney to double their disc count on the Cars DVD.

I didn't think it was worth posting this to the main page (also becuase we don't normally offer petitions as "news") but as this one was a hot topic, here's what he wrote in:
I would like to ask that Animated-News.com post a link to a petition that I have created, asking Disney/Buena Vista Home Entertaiment/Pixar, to release Cars on DVD, in a 2-Disc Collector's Edition, rather than the announced single-disc release. The petition can be found, here: http://www.petitiononline.com/CARSdvd/petition.html

By making readers of Animated-News.com aware of this petition, it increases the exposure, and will hopefully gain many more signatures. Hopefully, this petition will make Disney realize that releasing a 2-Disc Collector's Edition is in the best interest of not only themselves, but the consumer as well.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,
Kevin Song

Although, as usual with these things, it probably won't alter Disney's game plan, it at least does send out a signal that fans are disappointed and expect something more.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Cars DVD Contest

Post by askmike1 » August 21st, 2006, 2:42 pm

Do you want to win a Cars DVD, DuckTales or Rescue Rangers DVD? Three copies of each film are being given away here.

Last edited by askmike1 on November 5th, 2006, 3:56 pm, edited 6 times in total.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 21st, 2006, 9:58 pm

I just got me my Brother Bear 2.

Cute movie. I was surprised at how deep and emotional it was, given that it was a DTV. The first one was more introspective than most, I guess, and this new one lived up to it, even if it does play by the same rules, follow the same lines and is predictable to the end.

But, it's cute. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by askmike1 » August 28th, 2006, 1:58 pm

Just a reminder, only 3 days left of these contests.
-Michael
[url=http://www.mainstreetword.com]MSW[/url]