Disney Pixar's Cars

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 26th, 2006, 7:43 pm

Yeah, I only found that out a few months ago and made a thread about it here....everyone here knew it but me. :wink: :oops:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » June 26th, 2006, 10:54 pm

Oh. :oops: I didn't know you did that already. ^__^

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by takuhii » June 28th, 2006, 8:23 am

This fact may or may not already exist on the forum, but there are so many pages it is hard to tell...

The name McQueen was a reference to Glenn McQueen, a Pixar animator who died in 2002, and some believe that it is also a reference to famous actor and car buff Steve McQueen.

Another pointless fact, and probably irrelevant, is that Steven McQueen drove a Dodge Mustang in Bullit (I believe), a popular customisation for the Dodge Mustang is a Rouse F150 LIGHTNING supercharger... (or so I'm told)...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » June 28th, 2006, 8:44 am

And Sheryl Crow, who sang "Real Gone", also has a song called "Steve McQueen".

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PixarVixen » June 28th, 2006, 12:44 pm

Perhaps one day Pixar will create a character/place in honor of Joe. I'd like to see that. ^__^

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 28th, 2006, 1:21 pm

And Sheryl Crow, who sang "Real Gone",
Love. This. Song.

Perhaps one day Pixar will create a character/place in honor of Joe. I'd like to see that. ^__^

Yeah, that would be nice. I think Wheezy will always be remembered as Joe. :wink:

By the way, Brad Bird's son Nicholas did the voice for Squirt in Finding Nemo AND the little boy in Incredibles (on the trike) who says: "That was totally wicked!" at the end of the filrm.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PixarVixen » June 28th, 2006, 1:45 pm

ShyViolet wrote:By the way, Brad Bird's son Nicholas did the voice for Squirt in Finding Nemo AND the little boy in Incredibles (on the trike) who says: "That was totally wicked!" at the end of the filrm.
Believe me. I know. ;)

And his other son Michael was Tony, AND he also did a voice in The Iron Giant. He was credited in the cast as an additional voice, but in the commentary, Brad points his character out. He was one of the kids that fell off of the building and were saved by the IG...the one without the hat.

And before they had chosen Eli Marienthal as the voice of Hogarth, they had Michael do practice recordings. I'm pretty certain that he was almost the pick to play his part. I think that would've been neat. Nevertheless, Eli did a great job. You can listen to Michael in the deleted scenes. He was so adorable! ^o^

While we're still on this subject, I happen to know that Brad provided the voice for someone in Family Dog (not the series), but it still remains a mystery to me exactly who he was. Does anyone know?

~~=oP
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 28th, 2006, 2:16 pm

Oh wow that's cool...I never knew all that.

I liked Hogarth's voice a lot...plus I think I read that Eli Marienthal also did the voice for Robin/Tim Drake in the Mystery of the Batwoman film from Warner Bros. (haven't seen it yet.) He replaced Matthew Valencia as Robin since Matthew had grown up and didn't have a "little boy voice" anymore. :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PixarVixen » June 28th, 2006, 2:25 pm

It was weird to see him as Stifler's brother the same year of IG's release. :P

~~=oP
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » June 28th, 2006, 3:07 pm

PixarVixen wrote:Perhaps one day Pixar will create a character/place in honor of Joe. I'd like to see that. ^__^
Oh, that's a definate. :)
I think Wheezy will always be remembered as Joe.
I always remember him as a certain fat green caterpillar... :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PixarVixen » June 28th, 2006, 3:43 pm

"Look at me! I'm a beautiful butterfly! And from way up here you all look like tiny little ants!"

:D

~~=oP
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Shambler » June 29th, 2006, 2:08 am

Sorry to revive this thread, but I had to share this. If you left Charlotte after the premiere, then you probably didn't see this...

No, it's not a Photochop.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PixarVixen » June 29th, 2006, 2:42 am

That's awesome! How clever. Pure Pixar genius. ;)

Hey Shambler, did you happen to see the error on Lightning's left back tire?

Sally was blocking his left side until they started to pack all the cars up. If it hadn't been for Brandon's brilliant eyes, I would've missed it.

~~=oP
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Shambler » June 29th, 2006, 3:31 am

Actually, the first I heard of it was on here. I totally missed it. Good eyes Bradndon.

Did anyone stay for the Coca Cola 600? It was cool that Scott Riggs in the #10 Valvoline car was in the lead for so much of the race. He had one of three cars with a Cars paint scheme (as you already know). On the opposite extreme, the 96 car (painted like McQueen) packed up early and went home. :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PixarVixen » June 29th, 2006, 3:36 am

Shambler wrote:Good eyes Bradndon.
:lol: That is too funny.

I didn't get to see the Coca Cola 600 as I was on my way down to Orlando. I did get to see the cars the day before. Pretty snazzy.

~~=oP
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]