No news yet, but quite possible.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by macontosh2000 » February 10th, 2005, 8:57 am

Lets hope not.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 10th, 2005, 4:06 pm

I haven't even seen the first one (no time) but I'd rather see a prequel to POE. :roll: (Moses and Rameses growing up in the palace) I know 2d is out for now, but still.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » February 10th, 2005, 4:55 pm

ShyViolet, I am very surprised that there is a DreamWorks film you haven't seen yet.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » February 10th, 2005, 5:29 pm

I haven't even seen the first one (no time) but I'd rather see a prequel to POE. (Moses and Rameses growing up in the palace)
What would would be awesome is if DreamWorks would make a sequel to Prince of Egypt, finishing the Biblical story of Moses. The scenes with the children of Israel being led by the cloud by day and fire by night, wandering in the wilderness for forty years, and looking up to the serpent on the staff would be marvellous. Plus, just think about the scene in which Moses is kept from entering the Promised Land, while the others enter, because he became angry and struck the rock when God told him to speak to it.

I don't know about you, but that sounds like a good sequel to me.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » February 10th, 2005, 5:32 pm

There is that prequel of sorts about Joseph. Or as I like to call it, "The Zion King II: Jacob's Pride."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 10th, 2005, 6:20 pm

Mickey A wrote:
I haven't even seen the first one (no time) but I'd rather see a prequel to POE. (Moses and Rameses growing up in the palace)
What would would be awesome is if DreamWorks would make a sequel to Prince of Egypt, finishing the Biblical story of Moses. The scenes with the children of Israel being led by the cloud by day and fire by night, wandering in the wilderness for forty years, and looking up to the serpent on the staff would be marvellous. Plus, just think about the scene in which Moses is kept from entering the Promised Land, while the others enter, because he became angry and struck the rock when God told him to speak to it.

I don't know about you, but that sounds like a good sequel to me.
I love that idea! I always thought POE was too short (even though I liked it a lot) I was always disappointed that you never got to see them in the desert--that's a VERY important part of the story. I mean, when celebrating Passover, you don't just skip over 40 years from the Red Sea to when they get the Ten Commandments/ Torah. That just didn't feel right to me. What about the Mannah from Heaven, and especially the Golden Calf?? Now that would have been cool to see in animation.

I've seen ALL the DW animated films except SharkTale because this past fall it was kind of hard to get to the movies. (the area where I lived). And it didn't play very long here.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Joseph. My favorite part was when Joseph first sees his brother Benjamin after all those years apart from his family. I thought that was very touching.

I think DW was also supposed to make a Noah film, but maybe with the temporary "death" of 2d that was scrapped.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 10th, 2005, 6:29 pm

DWs was on track to make a whole slew of Biblical DTVs, with Joseph being the first and riding on the coat tails of Prince Of Egypt.

I guess after J:KOD's fairly lacklustre sales and the "death" of 2D (especially at DWs), that plan fell by bthe Shrek-side.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » February 10th, 2005, 7:10 pm

I heard about "Shark Tale 2" a while ago, but that was before the film was released. I hope that they still do it. I would love to see a sequel.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 10th, 2005, 8:04 pm

Ben wrote:DWs was on track to make a whole slew of Biblical DTVs, with Joseph being the first and riding on the coat tails of Prince Of Egypt.

I guess after J:KOD's fairly lacklustre sales and the "death" of 2D (especially at DWs), that plan fell by bthe Shrek-side.

Pardon my language, but that really sucks!! :evil:

I love DW but I'd MUCH rather see another Biblical tale along the lines of Joseph than another Shrek. I like Shrek I and II but enough's enough!
Moses and Rameses were such interesting characters. I would have loved to see more of THEM. (Plus, not to sound sacreligious or anything but they were really hot!)

Oh and I"m sorry but that stuff about how "We always had four Shrek movies in mind"....I doubt it's true. The first film was so risky to begin with, and they were planning FOUR? C'mon. :roll:

That Noah film would have been really cool. Maybe with the success of Passion of the Christ, DW will go back to the Bible. But then again Passion wasn't animated.

AV Team
AV Team

"Shark Tale" on DVD

Post by Dacey » March 19th, 2005, 12:34 pm

Say, I was lucky enough to finally get my hands on this movie. Anyway, I was wondering what everyone else thought of the disc.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Shark Tale -- so-so

Post by AniMan » March 21st, 2005, 3:20 pm

I was a bit disappointed with this movie. It seemed like it was going out of its way to be slick and hip. That only succeeded in making it mediocre at best. I haven't checked out any of the extras yet (that's how much the movie held my interest!)
Do. Or do not. There is no try.
---[i]Master Yoda[/i]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by macontosh2000 » March 21st, 2005, 3:38 pm

I havnt gotten it yet, i am waiting to buy it previously viewed from blockbuster when they have a 2 for 20 or 3 for 30 deals. I dont think it is worth full price.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by AniMan » March 21st, 2005, 3:43 pm

macontosh2000 wrote:I havnt gotten it yet, i am waiting to buy it previously viewed from blockbuster when they have a 2 for 20 or 3 for 30 deals. I dont think it is worth full price.
You're right, it's not worth full price. :(
Do. Or do not. There is no try.
---[i]Master Yoda[/i]