Enchanted

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » November 22nd, 2007, 4:02 pm

maybe NT2 is going to stink and Disney hopes this way it will at least get some good word of mouth?

anyway, the short looks awesome. I loved the preview clip of Goofy shopping for big screen TV's. they were insanely huge. the short is gonna be an instant classic, no doubt.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » November 23rd, 2007, 12:36 am

Grr.... That's rather dissapointing. I'm seeing Enchanted this weekend, and was looking forward to the short.

I have very little intrest in NT2 (didn't particularly care for the first film).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Grifter730 » November 23rd, 2007, 1:36 am

Just saw the movie tonight, and it was amazing. I couldn't get enough of the animation, though short and sweet as it was. Does anyone know if Disney will release any sort of "art of" book for this movie? Perhaps even a production book of the movie with character art?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 23rd, 2007, 3:48 am

Welcome, Grifter730!

Good to hear those who have seen it, liked Enchanted. But whaaa, there's NO Goofy short!? Ahh, that's one of things I was looking forward to most. Like Angel, I'm hopefully gonna see it over the weekend. (~yay!)

I have no interest what's so ever with NT2, so that's rather dissapointing. :(

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » November 23rd, 2007, 5:02 am

Like Pixar's Lifted, How To Hook Up Your Home Theater could be on sale at iTunes soon after it debuts in theaters. Of course, it would be wonderful to catch the short on the big screen.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » November 23rd, 2007, 5:57 pm

Even though it would be nice to catch the short on the big screen. I have hope that somehow it will make its way onto the internet since I have no desire to see NT2. (yay youtube lol)
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » November 23rd, 2007, 11:15 pm

Saw Enchanted today.

Mmm... traditional animation. :D And they pulled off their concept better than I thought they would. It wasn't unpredictable, and yet I didn't mind that. And I adored Giselle (or however you spell it), though I bet part of that was she reminded me of a roommate I had once who was a drama kid in highschool and very bubbly that way. :P

All in all, didn't totally blow me away and yet I enjoyed it enough to come out of the theater smiling like a fool.

My one complaint...
...was the absolutely unnecessary and despicable scatological humor. Two major instances... the random dog that pees on Prince Edward's shoe, and the standard "shock" defecation moment that usually gets a change of context (the father squid in Finding Nemo when he first claps eyes on Bruce, for instance) but ended up having the chipmunk actually shoot a little turd onto the table.

Gross.

Whatever writers still think all poop jokes are always funny (because I grudgingly admit they can be if handled right) need to be fired. Seriously. They just feel thrown in there to get a cheap laugh from the boys under 12, and maybe their dads. The movie needed no comic relief at random, as it was doing pretty well for itself.

I guess the reason I complain is the tone otherwise was so great. It was like digging your spoon into a bowl of delicious mint chocolate chip ice cream, and finding a couple of ants amidst the chips. Disappointing... though otherwise I enjoyed Enchanted very much.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » November 24th, 2007, 12:03 am

Ugh Yeah I totally agree with you YCougar. Those moments in the movie really bothered me as well. They weren't necessary and they kind of broke up the flow for a laugh that was more awkward than funny.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 24th, 2007, 10:41 am

I saw it with the family last night...We all enjoyed it very much. The animation was lovely!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » November 25th, 2007, 4:10 am

I just saw Enchanted, and loved it! It was so much more sincere than I was expecting .. and, to me, that was a very good thing! :)

The animation was gorgeous, the score (and songs!) are fantastic .. but everything in this movie 'pales' next to Amy Adams .. she absolutely is a fairy-tale princess! :o

I think my favorite moment was
where Giselle suddenly realizes that she's 'angry' (yet is simultaneously excited and happy to discover this new emotion) .. but the scene where she slowly begins to comprehend what 'divorce' is, and begins to cry, is great, as well. The That's How You Know song .. steadily building to a huge crescendo, right in the middle of the movie: note-perfect! :) And, good grief .. the curtain 'dress pattern' gag got me laughing both times. :lol:
It was a pleasant surprise to see Jodi Benson in there, too! 8)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 26th, 2007, 6:40 am

It opened at numero uno!

With $50m!! :shock:

So much for Hitman ($21m) and The Mist ($13m), right? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 26th, 2007, 7:07 am

Wow! Not bad!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Vernadyn » November 26th, 2007, 4:24 pm

Wow! What a pleasant surprise to learn how good this movie is doing. I was a bit worried at first, because the ads in my local paper didn't have any rave reviews for it. Well, the paper itself liked it, but I don't always agree with their reviews. But it's gotten good word by the usually harsh Cartoon Brew commentators. And 92% at Rotten Tomatoes ain't bad. Not bad at all.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Phil » November 26th, 2007, 4:39 pm

Ben wrote:It opened at numero uno!

With $50m!! :shock:

So much for Hitman ($21m) and The Mist ($13m), right? ;)
Cool! Almost makes me wish Code Horror hadn't been banned... Naah, never mind.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » November 26th, 2007, 9:34 pm

Yayay, go Enchanted. I was also worried at first but I'm glad it did so well.

I really want to see it again.... so when is it going to be out on DVD? *laughs*