Enchanted

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Dusterian » May 2nd, 2008, 12:59 pm

Well, I'm glad you got it and enjoy it! If a new DVD comes out, at least you'll get to have two different covers and all the bonus features there ever were for the movie (besides the bonus documentary "Becoming Enchanted", but tha might end up on the second release, too).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » May 5th, 2008, 1:03 am

Thanks,Dusterian :D.
Yeah,or if I"ll Blu-Ray until then,who knows?.
By the way-did you noticed that the DVD logo to the Cinderella Platinum Edition logo? (Thought Disney Princess Enchanted Tales and Aladdin PE had similar logos,Disney just keep recycling things,at least Little Mermaid PE and Sleeping Beauty PE had new logos that looks like a clam and a shield).
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Disney's Enchanted

Post by Dusterian » May 7th, 2008, 12:58 pm

Yes, I admit the Enchanted DVD logo looks a lot like Aladdin's and Cinderella's, but they are so much more different than similar they didn't re-use the same logo! They're just similar. It doesn't bother me. Aladdin's and Cinderella's logos fit perfectly, maybe Enchanted's could have been better if it was different.

Besides, you can think of them making the logo that way because it makes it look like the other animated classics on DVD, and they want Enchanted to be considered a half-animated fairy tale classic like Aladdin and Cinderella.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Disney's Enchanted

Post by Once Upon A Dream » May 7th, 2008, 5:17 pm

Well,they're similar (Thought Enchanted looks a lot like the Cinderella PE logo),Enchanted Tales also have a similar logo (But to the Aladdin PE),I know they're trying to make more classic but I think that the purple logo from the merchandise was more original since it looks like a book.
About their logo-It's or in those shapes,or just a square (Lion King PE,Arsticats and etc.) and sometimes something original (Little Mermaid PE,Sleeping Beauty PE,etc.).
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by CGIFanatic » September 12th, 2008, 10:16 pm

I wasn't aware but according to this site "James Baxter" has shuttered his animation company and is working at DreamWorks now.

animationguildblog.blogspot.com/2008/09/working-friday-dream.html

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 15th, 2008, 10:18 am

Why are we not surprised?

With Disney ramping back up, and Baxter running a hungry independent shop that had to exist on whatever sequences came his way (Enchanted, Kung Fu Panda's manga moment), I thought it would only be a matter of time before he headed back to one of the majors.

Interestingly, he left DWs because they were not up for working in 2D animation. If he's gone back there, could it be that there was a reason that lured him back. And could it be that the reason was a traditionally animated project? Was he attached to Tusker in any way? Would be great if something like that was back on the boards...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by CGIFanatic » September 15th, 2008, 2:42 pm

Ben,

I don't know what prompted Baxter to go to DW but it's not for "Tusker" according to the following link.

www.variety.com/article/VR1117990336.ht ... id=13&cs=1

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 15th, 2008, 9:20 pm

Wow...that came out of nowhere! Interesting to hear we may yet see a Tusker, even if it's not as originally intentioned.

Still hedging my bets on whether James is working on a traditional film at DWs, though! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

JB is working on

Post by surfnspy » September 22nd, 2008, 11:49 pm

animation for the dvd of Kung Fu Panda. They are producing dvd extras in 2-D. They are essentially shorts featuring the side kick characters. I don't know any creative details beyond this.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 23rd, 2008, 8:27 am

Ahh, gotcha. Knew it had to be something traditionally connected. :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » February 4th, 2010, 12:35 am

Disney has announced a sequel to Enchanted. Penned by Jessie Nelson, the sequel is being directed by Anne Fletcher (The Proposal). Barry Josephson and Barry Sonnenfeld, who produced the first Enchanted, are returning as well. No word yet on whether Amy Adams and James Marsden are reprising their roles as Giselle and Edward.

I hope Alan Menken and Stephen Schwartz write the film's songs. As for Fletcher, I think she might do a good job with this, though I wish Kevin Lima was returning. Also, Nelson being the writer makes me a tad nervous, since her most recent works include I Am Sam and Fred Claus.
Last edited by Josh on February 4th, 2010, 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by estefan » February 4th, 2010, 6:01 am

As I said on another thread, I felt Enchanted worked well as a once-off. As much as I like the characters a lot, their story is done and I don't know how they can possibly continue it.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 4th, 2010, 9:06 am

"Enchanted 2"...boring title. ;)

Though it has taken a while for this to be announced (three years to make up their minds!?), there is an interesting line-up in terms of behind the camera talent, though it seems strange that, for all the talk of ridiculously changing Rapunzel's title to "Tangled" to get away from the young girls and family connotations of a Disney fairy-tale, they have hired two people whose track records are nothing but "family films" and what used to be called "women's pictures".

Doesn't sound like any of the original filmmakers are involved this time around...wanna share any more info, surf? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » February 4th, 2010, 9:31 am

Man what's the point? The entire ending was one big EVERYONE LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER THE END-fest. Why do we NEED a sequel.

On the other hand, I'll take all the Amy Adams I can get.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » February 4th, 2010, 9:40 am

And just when we thought John Lasseter had done away with cheapquels...

I suppose he couldn't stop them all. Disney just forgot the reason he stopped them in the first place (surprise, surprise). This film is not going to be good. At all. Don't say I didn't warn you.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83