Enchanted

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 27th, 2007, 12:41 am

I would assume before next Christmas, preferably summer. Not to long. :)

And yay, I'm so happy it premiered at #1!

Finally did catch Enchanted! I don't think it surpassed my expectations, but it sure met them; I loved it!! The first 15 minutes were the best, but everything else was just as enjoyable. I loved the songs too, infact there all stuck in my head. :lol: I'm so happy I didn't spoil the songs before hand.

As for complaints, hmm perhaps the ending? Eh, even that wasn't too bad. Amy Adams really does make this film, she was just fantastic! And all the little homages, which if you check Wiki, it pretty much has them all... Although, I think the Princess and The Frog one is incorrect

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » November 27th, 2007, 9:14 am

*goes over to wiki to read the references to other Disney films*

Some of these references are really pushing it. I mean I see them but some are so generic that it they are really saying it could be applied to any Disney movie and not one in particular unlike the scene with the bubbles and floor scrubbing.

I'll have to watch for the frog princess reference next time I watch it. I do slightly remember a frog with a crown of sorts. I just thought it was comical. I didn't think of the Rapunzel thing but duh that made a lot of sense lol. ^.^ I knew there was something about the soap opera on the tv but I didn't catch that it referenced Beauty and the Beast. I guess I'll have to pay closer attention next time.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 27th, 2007, 2:38 pm

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking, the people who edited the Wiki page are looking way too much into it.

Funny thing about the frog, (which I sort remember) for a brief moment I thought it was jab at DW, but then I said to myself "no, it couldn't be"... or could it? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kinoo » November 27th, 2007, 3:30 pm

The big fat green troll defeated by Edwards must be a nod to Dreamworks Shrek... ^^
[url=http://www.pixar-room.com][img]http://pixarroom.free.fr/PIXAR%20PICS/mai2007/R.jpg[/img][/url]
http://www.inbedwithkinoo.canalblog.com

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » November 27th, 2007, 3:49 pm

I tought about Shrek,too,when i first saw his picture.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » November 27th, 2007, 7:43 pm

I saw Enchanted again last night .. in what turned out to be a 'private' screening! 8) (nobody goes to a movie at 10:30 PM on the Monday following a holiday weekend, it seems) ..

I enjoyed it even more than I had the first time! :D

Having known nothing about the film going in, other than what I'd seen in the trailer, I was expecting little more than the likes of Ella Enchanted, Happily N'Ever After, or Shrek. I was not at all prepared for the completely 'sincere' fairy-tale that this film is, at its heart! Enchanted is, surprisingly, not a 'send-up' (though it occasionally comes close, especially in the Happy Working Song sequence) .. but is instead a lovingly-crafted 'homage' to the Disney fairy-tale genre. It's a little too early to 'call' .. but I can easily imagine this film being looked-back-upon in the future as fondly as Who Framed Roger Rabbit is now.

And ('spoilers' follow)
call me 'hopelessly naive', but I had no idea (until fairly late in the film) that Giselle would end up with Robert, instead of her Prince. Like her, for most of the film I was waiting to see the fairy-tale couple re-united .. and found myself almost as confused as Edward, when she didn't rush into his arms at first sight. :lol:

It's the little 'joys' of actually being 'tricked' by the storytelling in this way, that keeps me from wanting to find out too much about a film before I've seen it (I've discovered, since then, that most everyone I know already knew the 'twist' that Robert would be Giselle's 'true love', either from movie 'news' sites, or even just reading reviews. :?
All this, and Alan Menken's finest Disney score/song combination since Beauty and the Beast (IMO). What a 'banner year' it has been, for Disney film scores: Meet the Robinsons, Ratatouille, and Enchanted each make excellent listening .. and all three are eminently 'Oscar'-worthy, for both score and song. :) POTC3 had an excellent score, as well.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » November 27th, 2007, 11:15 pm

Enchanted was such an adorable film ^___^ Certainly not the best thing I've seen all year, but I enjoyed it muchly (I agree, Amy Adams did a fantastic job as Giselle!)

I can easily imagine the young children that see this film now, looking back as fondly as I now do on Roger Rabbit many years from now. :wink:
call me 'hopelessly naive', but I had no idea (until fairly late in the film) that Giselle would end up with Robert, instead of her Prince.
I wasn't expecting that either in the beginning. Although I was hoping that it might happen. After that scene where we first meet Robert's fiance, I actually leaned over and said to my boyfriend "I dont like her. I hope he ends up with Giselle instead." Hehe... :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » November 28th, 2007, 6:00 pm

I was kinda glad, when Nancy shows up and rightfully gets suspicious, that Giselle and Robert weren't an "item." If she fell in love with the first man she really talked to, that would be dumb, right? Of course, the way they made it happen was OK with me, but I spent a lot of time (as hints started to be dropped) thinking "nononono, stay with Edward! See? He tries! Really hard!" But when it became inevitable, I just started hoping that Edward would get Nancy, at least. So it all worked out in the end, I guess. :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » November 28th, 2007, 9:15 pm

I liked how they traded off (but I thought it was predictable but then again I over analyze movies sometimes). I just wish that Nancy showed more reason to like Edward than just he's direct in what he does. *shrugs*
I'm asking for too much character development I guess.
Oh man I went to Toys R Us today and they had all the dolls. I wanted them so badly. The mattel version of Giselle in the pink dress was better than the Disney store version. The face they used for the real life Giselle wasn't that pretty but the dress on the doll that was supposed to be her puprle/pink evening wear gown from the ballroom scene was so much prettier than the thing she was wearing in the movie. Am I the only one that thought that was the least flattering dress on her? Speaking of dressing her they had little girl sized Giselle Wedding gowns too. OHHHH man I wanted one so bad... they were so pretty and poofy. *sniffles, I'm too tall* :lol:

I noticed that both dolls using the more Barbie like head mold said on the outside of the box, instead of just Giselle, they said Amy Adams as Giselle and Patrick Dempsey as Robert. I think Wikipedia might be right in terms of Disney can't cash in on some likenesses of Giselle without paying some sort of royalty to her likeness. *shrugs* I don't know very much legal money matters though.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 30th, 2007, 1:44 pm

I saw it yesterday. I enjoyed it very much. Definately worth the wait. :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 30th, 2007, 7:22 pm

TAG Blog wrote:With the film opening strongly not only here but also overseas, Disney is considering an "Enchanted" sequel. A domestic gross of $150 million or more seems possible.
Kind of a given, but music to my ears. :)

Btw, I went to Toys R Us the other day and saw the dolls Foxtale was talking about. Cute! They were also labled 'Amy Adams as Giselle.'

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » November 30th, 2007, 9:08 pm

I'd only be interested in an Enchanted sequel if the first ten minutes were live action, and then the entire rest of the movie was animated by James Baxter's studio. The 'Art-Nouveau'-styled kingdom of Andalasia was absolutely gorgeous, and I'd love to see more of it. :)

That said .. Enchanted is the type of film that really doesn't need a sequel. For most fairy-tales, "and they lived happily ever after .. The End" is satisfactory.

But, money talks .. :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » November 30th, 2007, 9:38 pm

^I agree with everything droosan just posted. :P
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/ninja_otter/SKsignature.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » November 30th, 2007, 10:01 pm

Maybe the sequel can be called "Entranced." Or "Disenchanted."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 3rd, 2007, 8:17 am

ENCHANTED TWO WEEKS AT NUMBER ONE!

Another $17m in the bank, for $70.6m so far. :)

And Beowulf has only made less than $70m after more than two weeks? Wow, that's pretty low.