Enchanted

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 3rd, 2007, 3:10 pm

Pretty good, especially given the fact its after Thanksgiving. Go Enchanted! :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 4th, 2007, 1:06 pm

With Enchanted about to enchant in the UK, this advert for Country Life spreadable butter, which follows along the same Snow White cleaning up vibe, has begun running again here:

What's going in this is pretty good animation...I hope Enchanted lives up to this as it's a couple of years old and looks fairly photorealistic.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 4th, 2007, 2:56 pm

ENCHANTED TWO WEEKS AT NUMBER ONE!

Another $17m in the bank, for $70.6m so far.
This could only mean good things about the future of 2-D. :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » December 4th, 2007, 10:56 pm

Yayay I'm glad this is doing good. To me it's showing the love for 2d but it might also be taken as a sign that Princesses bring big bucks still. >.< Let's hope they get the idea that 2d is awesome.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 9th, 2007, 12:38 am

Enchanted drops to #2 with a $10.7 million income! Ah well, it couldn't be number one forever. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by surfnspy » December 10th, 2007, 2:20 pm

Glad everyone has enjoyed so much.

Thanks for weighing in. The reviews have been such a pleasant surprise. One never wants to pay too much attention to that sort of thing. When you make movies you just hope people understand what you are trying to do, but it is rare when the film actually connects with people in the way that Enchanted has.

Hopefully Disney will keep us on enough screens so we will at least be a choice over the holidays. I think they intend to, but with the avalanche of films coming out in the next few weeks, it is going to be a tricky feat to keep us in a substantial number of locations.

High screen averages will help!

So spread the word, take your friends and family or at least encourage them to go over the next week or so.

Is it okay to make an email plea like this on the board?

Thanks again everyone for making the Holidays so Enchanted!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 11th, 2007, 2:12 pm

Would <I>still</I> love a name...

Any of the following...?

Christopher Chase
Barry Josephson
Jason Reed
Doug Short

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 11th, 2007, 2:50 pm

surfnspy = Doug Short. That's my prediction. ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 12th, 2007, 1:28 pm

Daniel wrote:Enchanted drops to #2 with a $10.7 million income! Ah well, it couldn't be number one forever. ;)
Well, at the end of the day, it's "Golden Compass" that's the flop, not "Enchanted". ;)

Still, I hope that "Alvin and the Chipmunks" doesn't take too much of its potential audience. :(
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by surfnspy » December 12th, 2007, 2:06 pm

Okay, since you all asked so nicely, and guessed correctly, I am indeed, Doug Short, AsP of Enchanted.

And for those of you who are paying very close attention, it is true that I am not in the current credits. Disney messed up and left me off. They are working on fixing it for the DVD tho. I didn't identify myself earlier or consent to any interviews as I was trying to protect Disney--they hate it when people talk about projects before they come out unless you are saying EXACTLY what they want. Rather than say their "message" I opted to say nothing and when I did comment, I did so anonymously.

I am the guy who bought the project ten years ago. The original script was all live-action and had a much edgier tone. As a long time lover of animation, I had the bright idea to make the opening animated (2-D!!!) and send up lovingingly the Disney animated princess iconography.

(Oh and "surfnspy" comes from the B-Side of the go-go's first single our lips are sealed. Just, fyi. Nerdy, huh?!)

-Doug

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 12th, 2007, 2:43 pm

Cheers! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » December 12th, 2007, 4:37 pm

Nice That's awesome^.^

I'm so excited I'm going to (hopefully) see it again this weekend with a huge group of my friends. ^.^ *bounces*
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 12th, 2007, 5:56 pm

Lucky! ;)

And yay, I was right! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 12th, 2007, 10:02 pm

As a long time lover of animation, I had the bright idea to make the opening animated (2-D!!!)
I cannot thank you enough. :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » December 13th, 2007, 11:23 am

*nods in agreement with Meg*

The movie wouldn't be what it was without the 2d. I know as soon as the dvd comes out I'm just going to watch the first segment over and over ^.^ My favorite part. I also really loved the ending credits, they were quite beautiful.